What Makes a Jungler a Jungler to Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metalgolem

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbalicious View Post
Alistar wears skirt and bling.
Blitz is actually asian schoolgirl
Nunu is prepubescent.
Go home, you're drunk

Still Eternity

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
I will get rid of them. It takes time to test changes and to assess what needs to be done to compensate for them. They also weren't possible prior to Season 3 when armor was ridiculously undercosted relative to its power.

It's worth noting that we have a lot of lane bullies, of which Darius is only one. If you straight nerf Darius, then people who want the lane bully experience will just play Garen or Renekton, champions that *actually* counters all other melee champions (Darius does not... a lot of melee champions have decent matchups against him).
CertainlyT, you are my Hero. This is pretty much what I've been saying about Darius all along.

Metalgolem

12-30-2012

I remember when this post was about the jungle, and not about Darius questions >_<

Centuros

12-30-2012

Quote:

I would say that, in the case of changing Darius' bleed damage to physical, be careful what you wish for, you might not like it.
This is something I have noticed about abilities on champions that do the opposite type of damage from the rest of their kit: about half of them are complained about because it's "impossible to counterbuild (resist-wise)" and half are complained about because "wtf riot I can't build mpen on my AD bruiser!"

Centuros

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galbalicious View Post
Alistar wears skirt and bling.
Blitz is actually asian schoolgirl
Nunu is prepubescent.
Alistar wears traditional greek/roman armor type stuff (and the nose ring is because he's a bull).
Prepubescent != girly

Metalgolem

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centuros View Post
This is something I have noticed about abilities on champions that do the opposite type of damage from the rest of their kit: about half of them are complained about because it's "impossible to counterbuild (resist-wise)" and half are complained about because "wtf riot I can't build mpen on my AD bruiser!"
There is really only ONE champion that needs magic pen who is a AD bruiser and that is Udyr (and Yorick to some extent) thats it

The Triplett

12-30-2012

Zed does well in the jungle. I dont understand what this thread is about. you can play your favorite champ however you want. hell ive seen rumble guides from Diamond elo on how to jungle him. elise is alsoa strong jungler.

Samflash3

12-30-2012

Quote:
Potentially. It's unclear what should be done to Darius. He's balanced, has clear strengths and weaknesses, and is much less matchup dependent than the average forum post would have you believe. Even if we remedied some of the specific complaints about him now, any bruiser that does not lean heavily on raw statistical bonuses to be successful will often generate a lot of frustration from their opponents. Raw stats tend to play out almost unnoticeably over time whereas abilities manifest their power in dramatically noticeable moments. Take Jarvan's Demacian Standard -- it's primary power is in the armor/AS boost it gives, but a good number of players don't even notice it exists.

I would say that, in the case of changing Darius' bleed damage to physical, be careful what you wish for, you might not like it.
There has ben a class that has been ignored. AD carrys. Their kits are mostly set to work on a bot lane + support lane. If by chance there are setups such as 2 ADC bot or Tank + Mage bot (except in the case of Leblanc + Nautilus - dat insta burst) it ends up being gg most of the time.
P.S: Are teemo and Twisted fate AD carrys? IDK they kinda suck at the job

Seamcp

12-30-2012

Meele, AOE, AD, good potential for lifesteal and attack speed I'm guessing :/

Metalgolem

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Triplett View Post
Zed does well in the jungle. I dont understand what this thread is about. you can play your favorite champ however you want. hell ive seen rumble guides from Diamond elo on how to jungle him. elise is alsoa strong jungler.
I never said Elise isn't a good jungler. I'm talking about how Riot is giving us "jungle" champions that are better in top or mid than in the jungle.