When to surrender and when NOT too

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MeatWandExpress

12-26-2012

I hate when a team is being stubborn and refuses to surrender. actually had a game were we had only gotten 1 turret, and they had destroyed everything but our inhibitors and inner turrets. the enemy team was across the board 10 kills each and fed pretty well. they had like a 3 lvl gap on all of us. and yet still my team kept saying we could win. at a certain point common sense should kick in that miracles don't happen often

Axle the Beast

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takimaru View Post
We had a afk thought we were going to lose.

But Jax can carry like a boss, and thats what i did.
I've barely lost a 3v3 where both of my teammates afk'd before; player count is barely a factor sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMountin View Post
I hate when a team is being stubborn and refuses to surrender. actually had a game were we had only gotten 1 turret, and they had destroyed everything but our inhibitors and inner turrets. the enemy team was across the board 10 kills each and fed pretty well. they had like a 3 lvl gap on all of us. and yet still my team kept saying we could win. at a certain point common sense should kick in that miracles don't happen often
I probably wouldn't have surrendered either. Holding turrets isn't exactly hard. Most people are stupid and die protecting them from any and all damage, but if you take turns, poke, and run back to heal, holding the inhibitors isn't hard. If you hold that position long enough, you can farm exp and gold from not only minions, but the occasional enemy champion. Even if you lose an inhibitor and have droves of minions pouring in, that's still tons and tons of gold and exp.

Once you hit 18, and have been farming hordes of minions, it stops mattering that your enemy got fed. Then all you need is to ace, or even just whittle the enemy team by 2 champs on their next attempt on your nexus. Turrets are not scary at level 18; you've got a straight shot at the enemy nexus.

No it does not happen often. Not sure what that matters. It can happen, and others wanted to go for it.

Causing Panic

12-27-2012

I just had a game where, early game we got crushed and i mean we got CRUSHED. the lee sin jungler on the otherside was amazing at ganking and at the 10min mark EACH lane was losing by ATLEAST 2+ kills. It was terrible, but we knew we had a late game team and we started working together communicated good, got some good ganks to get us back into the game and eventually ending up winning it...everyone on our team basically admitted we SHOULDNT have won that game, even myself included thought that. so yeahhh its never over til its over

MateenOwesMoney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I believe one of the casters at the s2 championships made the point that Korean teams tend to surrender pretty quickly as a matter of respect to their opponents. Surrendering after an ace at baron at 28 minutes is considered the "honorable" thing to do, as dragging out the game says "we've essentially conceded and now we're banking on you screwing up to win"

Causing Panic

12-29-2012

Bump ^^

Dougomite

12-29-2012

Happy to hear I'm not the only person annoyed by all the people so quick to surrender. I feel like a lot of people don't realize how important the team composition is in the various phases of the game. I've had some teams that I know would be great late game once we evened up the levels at 18, but they give up before we've even lost an inner turret.

As others noted, it does feel good when your the only person arguing against surrendering and you all win the game. I'm just getting tired of having to argue about it. I'd bet that 80% of my loses are from teammates surrendering while the Nexus still has full health.

It'd be awesome if Riot's matchmaking could start taking into account whether people prefer surrendering or playing it out.

Causing Panic

12-30-2012

Quote:
It'd be awesome if Riot's matchmaking could start taking into account whether people prefer surrendering or playing it out.
that would be awesome id rather play with people that dont surrender then people who try to surrender after first blood -.-

dmgovertime

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causing Panic View Post
that would be awesome id rather play with people that dont surrender then people who try to surrender after first blood -.-
Its depressing when someone on your team dies and shouts out "GG, IM DONE". Morale killer.