Only what you're reported for should be voted in the Tribunal.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrf View Post
And furthermore, it shows that the EUW Tribunal punishes for poor play. Several high profile examples have been floating around the forums of people apparently punished for poor play, but all of them are from EUW.
Yeah, I noticed that too. What the frack is up with EUW?

Enterti

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulanopo View Post
Yeah, I noticed that too. What the frack is up with EUW?
They are weird I suppose, not our problem though. They probably just need a metrics change.

Gimpyloser

12-28-2012

Honestly I don't even feel there should be report labels, just an explanation from the person reporting as to why they feel the person deserves punishment. I pay little attention to labels, if your chat log is offensive or abusive toward others, you get the hammer, regardless of the label.

DeathKiraZ

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
Honestly I don't even feel there should be report labels, just an explanation from the person reporting as to why they feel the person deserves punishment. I pay little attention to labels, if your chat log is offensive or abusive toward others, you get the hammer, regardless of the label.
That's what I think. If you're going to report someone and they're risking their accounts, it should at least be required to write a reason of what rules they broke and how. I get all of the arguments though, but why should I or anyone be forced into the tribunal because of false reports? Everyone has a bad day, maybe I rage one game and unfortunately I get reported. Yes one report doesn't get you in the tribunal, but it is there, so when more reports start coming, it will be used against you, even if it's the only instance out of 4 cases, since as the other tribunalers state, if they 4 perfect games and 1, just one rule broken in 1 game they will vote punish. So say I get reported for raging. Then I decide to try new items on champs and get reported for breaking the meta, not bannable but will be used to build a case, someone random bans me for nothing, a team mate bans me because he feels my losing the lane cost them the game. Eventually I'll be brought into the tribunal and then my one and only game a raging, which could have happened so many months ago, will be a case against me along with the false reports, and Ill get punishment verdict.

Sure if that is my only instances I shouldn't get into the tribunal again. But everyone has bad games, other than that some people will ban if they feel I do something out of the ordinary and lose. But It can happen, and I see no good reason why someone should be banned for something that happened months ago with no constant pattern of toxic behavior. I get punishing when 2 or 3 of the cases are toxic, but 1? 1? that probably never would have been there had not false reported sky rocketed the guy into the tribunal.
More than one reported is needed to get into the tribunal, in fact a large percent of your games have to be reported, well so I've heard, I and believe the reason for this is because people do make mistakes and their intent is that only the most toxic players are banned. But just one little rule broken out of 5 or 6 cases doesn't make sense to me, especially if they wouldn't have been there in the first place...

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diakira View Post
That's what I think. If you're going to report someone and they're risking their accounts, it should at least be required to write a reason of what rules they broke and how. I get all of the arguments though, but why should I or anyone be forced into the tribunal because of false reports? Everyone has a bad day, maybe I rage one game and unfortunately I get reported. Yes one report doesn't get you in the tribunal, but it is there, so when more reports start coming, it will be used against you, even if it's the only instance out of 4 cases, since as the other tribunalers state, if they 4 perfect games and 1, just one rule broken in 1 game they will vote punish. So say I get reported for raging. Then I decide to try new items on champs and get reported for breaking the meta, not bannable but will be used to build a case, someone random bans me for nothing, a team mate bans me because he feels my losing the lane cost them the game. Eventually I'll be brought into the tribunal and then my one and only game a raging, which could have happened so many months ago, will be a case against me along with the false reports, and Ill get punishment verdict.

Sure if that is my only instances I shouldn't get into the tribunal again. But everyone has bad games, other than that some people will ban if they feel I do something out of the ordinary and lose. But It can happen, and I see no good reason why someone should be banned for something that happened months ago with no constant pattern of toxic behavior. I get punishing when 2 or 3 of the cases are toxic, but 1? 1? that probably never would have been there had not false reported sky rocketed the guy into the tribunal.
More than one reported is needed to get into the tribunal, in fact a large percent of your games have to be reported, well so I've heard, I and believe the reason for this is because people do make mistakes and their intent is that only the most toxic players are banned. But just one little rule broken out of 5 or 6 cases doesn't make sense to me, especially if they wouldn't have been there in the first place...
Just because they are 5 cases that don't belong there don't mean that the 1 that do belong there should be overlooked when their is toxic behavior in the case.

Sereg Anfaug

12-29-2012

OP is making some interesting assumptions about my voting methods.

I don't care what the report is for. I care if the player is toxic. If they are, then someone choosing the wrong category to report under shouldn't vindicate them.

DeathKiraZ

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Just because they are 5 cases that don't belong there don't mean that the 1 that do belong there should be overlooked when their is toxic behavior in the case.
Did you even read what I said? One case from almost a year back, and 5 others that have nothing toxic don't show a tread? So why should that person be punished, they aren't toxic, they had one game and troll reports threw them in the tribunal.

Shiister

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diakira View Post
Did you even read what I said? One case from almost a year back, and 5 others that have nothing toxic don't show a tread? So why should that person be punished, they aren't toxic, they had one game and troll reports threw them in the tribunal.
If you referring to that thread about the guy who said he went a year without getting in trouble, you forgot that he later recanted and said he was unsure of the dates of his last ban and the recent ban.

NynaeveaM

12-30-2012

I think what you are saying is not justified.

However I also think that the available report options are incredibly important. Riot should remove some and change others. Maybe add a few.
Things like "Intentionally feeding" are getting abused too often.