My last hitting is horribad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa102 View Post
I recommend doing what I call a "Test Hit" first, just to get a feel for how much of the HP Bar you do.
First i'd do it to the sword and shield Minions, then the mage minions, then the Artillery ones.

Once you deduce about how much of the bar you take out per attack, use it to calculate when you need to hit. Keep in mind two factors:
1) If You're ranged, take into account how fast your auto-attack projectile gets to the target. People like Ahri actually do a 0.5 sec wind up before they actually send their projectile out.
2) Other minions attacking it.

I recommend learned to use the "S" Key on your keyboard to not attack minions passively. Use that and camp by the minion you're going to last hit, and when it gets low enough for the last shot, attack it.
o.O Didn't know you could do that either.

Gah this whole thread's been a lot of help, thank you all

MoreBaked

12-29-2012

hit a minion see how much hp it takes off then estimate when its about to get there and hit then

MiguinBlaster

12-29-2012

1) You always focus a certain minion, ignore others. (Don't lose lane awareness either or u will get pwned).

2) There is always a pattern to the minion being hit.

For example

Minion is : _______

3 of ur minions are attacking him at the same time.... so probably it will be :

_____...___..._

U attack him just after ur minions are done attacking it on the 3rd time.

Sometimes ur lane opponent pushes the wave in a way that enemy minions die quick by your minions like a damage over time, that's just hard and it requires more practice, like also last hitting under tower.

3) You can also hit minions with full health which are non focused, but u may end up losing a percentage of the whole minion wave. this is the "something is something" farm mode, it's not the best of course, but u can do it while u are still learning how to last hit properly most of the time

4) Early Game ADC: for fed (lets say u just bought a BF SWORD) u generally take a minion full bar in two hits; for non fed adc (lets say berserkers greaves and a doran at most) it takes three hits; if ur behind it's most likely u are gonna take four hits or more on a full minion

5)Later in the game u get crits, or more damage and atkspeed and can take minions easier.

6) Mages farm with spells, it's a tough decision here most times for a resource champion, either you farm with your aoe capabilities or go in for the kill. Early game as a mage focus on last hitting carefully with ur little damage until u have enough ap to take waves with ur burst.

7) Try to always get the big minion, most times it's the same difficulty to get as a little one and it pays double. so if u see ur minions attacking it, u stop attacking and prepare for the last hit.

Im not exactly a pro at last hitting but these are some techniques i've learned. Some pros end up farming like crazy because they basically last hit everything, if you master this, it while dramatically increase your chances to:

* Be more useful than the enemy if you put that gold in a good use, like rushing core items faster and dominate the game.
* Stay up to the opponent in gold.
* Help you to make a comeback after being destroyed in the early game.

Good luck and i hope u continue to improve with these tips or others, and practice.

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguinBlaster View Post
1) You always focus a certain minion, ignore others. (Don't lose lane awareness either or u will get pwned).

2) There is always a pattern to the minion being hit.

For example

Minion is : _______

3 of ur minions are attacking him at the same time.... so probably it will be :

_____...___..._

U attack him just after ur minions are done attacking it on the 3rd time.

Sometimes ur lane opponent pushes the wave in a way that enemy minions die quick by your minions like a damage over time, that's just hard and it requires more practice, like also last hitting under tower.

3) You can also hit minions with full health which are non focused, but u may end up losing a percentage of the whole minion wave. this is the "something is something" farm mode, it's not the best of course, but u can do it while u are still learning how to last hit properly most of the time

4) Early Game ADC: for fed (lets say u just bought a BF SWORD) u generally take a minion full bar in two hits; for non fed adc (lets say berserkers greaves and a doran at most) it takes three hits; if ur behind it's most likely u are gonna take four hits or more on a full minion

5)Later in the game u get crits, or more damage and atkspeed and can take minions easier.

6) Mages farm with spells, it's a tough decision here most times for a resource champion, either you farm with your aoe capabilities or go in for the kill. Early game as a mage focus on last hitting carefully with ur little damage until u have enough ap to take waves with ur burst.

7) Try to always get the big minion, most times it's the same difficulty to get as a little one and it pays double. so if u see ur minions attacking it, u stop attacking and prepare for the last hit.

Im not exactly a pro at last hitting but these are some techniques i've learned. Some pros end up farming like crazy because they basically last hit everything, if you master this, it while dramatically increase your chances to:

* Be more useful than the enemy if you put that gold in a good use, like rushing core items faster and dominate the game.
* Stay up to the opponent in gold.
* Help you to make a comeback after being destroyed in the early game.

Good luck and i hope u continue to improve with these tips or others, and practice.
Thank you so much!
Since playing Ori, after getting a certain level with 2 items under my belt, I end up with the ability to farm like crazy, but by then, ADCs are trying to regain health with attacks and I just let them take the farm. xd I REALLY have to work on it early game. That's my biggest opportunity to take care of myself, in a sense.

sultryvoltron

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider1357 View Post
Custom game.
Enemy soraka bot.
PIck anivia.
Build nothing.
Practise last hitting.
Basically this.

If you want to practice ranged last hitting, play Anivia. If you want to practice melee last hitting, play Poppy (don't level your W).

Deathreel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

play the same champion

Drukyul

12-29-2012

When minions are under your tower, you'll notice something.
Melee minions generally take 2 tower hits + 1-2 hits from your champion to die.
Ranged minions generally take 1 tower hit + 1-2 hits from your champion to die.
This changes throughout the game as the towers and minions' strength change.

SamSparta

12-29-2012

You need to get used to your champion's auto attack animation.

ATastyDessert

12-29-2012

Ya I feel you since it's such a pain to last hit without runes or masteries.

Gringo

12-29-2012

You're only level 11, which is fine. I can see why you would be struggling.

But also, it's good that you want to pick it up so early. You will dominate if you can last hit and your opponent can't.

Just like everyone else said, custom games.