How do I beat Darius, no really...

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kr1sys

12-29-2012

So, I'm struggling to find a champ I have, or maybe need to buy that can handle Darius in lane phase.

I would like to have a solid top champ that can easily win the lane, without necessarily pushing it, i.e Kayle or Yorick; Although, I can't beat Darius with Kayle (or Teemo) top, can't figure out the micro to be able to kite properly too little room for error and mistake = death or back.

So I assume that means Jayce is out, since his poke will blow up waves. I've only tried Elise on her free week and she seemed ok, something I could pick up, and doesn't push that hard, would she be an option? Or are there some AP mids that I should take top against him?

I'm really frustrated about the lack of options there are that counter Darius hard in lane, and his low risk/high rewards gameplay is something I want to be able to shut down any time someone locks him in.

yoshi guy

12-29-2012

Malphite

Vikingbiker

12-29-2012

leblanc

Niqquhplz

12-29-2012

Lee Sins mobility does pretty well against darius if you get good with him.

Mihlo

12-29-2012

Elise gives him a run for his money. Plus she can punch right through his health stacking.

Pldl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Don't try running Teemo against him. Your autoattack range happens to be the range of his grab.

Hexer

12-29-2012

You beat Darius by baiting him to harass you. Once he's on cooldown of his pull you can easily harass him if you have a ranged ability. Lots of people I know like taking Gangplank against Darius because of Parrrley. Lots of people like taking Kayle against him too.

PizzaBR

12-29-2012

Hello Kr1sys, thanks for reaching out to us!

Have you taken a look around General Discussion lately? There are TONS of threads about this particular subject. As a courtesy to the rest of our community we try not to split conversations up into multiple threads, so I won't be able to give in-depth answers to these questions here.

Take a look in General Discussion and contribute your voice to the existing threads!

-PizzaBR

sultryvoltron

12-29-2012

Bump for Elise.

Soyaman

12-29-2012

Anything that deals more damage early game than him..

You want to engage the minute he wastes any ability. If he grabs, and miss. Go in.
If he swings, go in. Darius players usually think they'll win, so they keep fighting, and end up dying.

12345 ... 6