My last hitting is horribad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miss Meows

12-29-2012

Get used to every champion's auto attack animations.

Some have really scary awful ones like Anivia, Janna, Karthus etc. and some have nice clean ones, like Caitlyn. Just practice them all and you'll get used to them

Fat Ninja

12-29-2012

Another thing, though I don't know Ori's AD, or AD per level.. And since you are level 11, with no runes or rune pages.. I'm not 100% it will apply, but I'm going to throw it out there anyways.

Most of the time, if you are pushed under your tower, assuming all your minions aren't focusing the minion, it works like this.

Melee Minion - 2 tower shots, you auto attack once, dead.

Caster minion, attack BEFORE the tower, tower shoots it, you attack it once more, dead.

And I noticed you said you didn't know about cancelling your attack animations, yes, meanwhile I don't think it will benefit an Orianna player much, there are many abilities that if you use immediately after your attack, it resets your animation, usually increasing the speed in which you attack.

There are also many champions that, at high level play, to be used to their full potential require you to move after each attack, because their recovery animation, I guess you could call it, is so long.

Essentially, when you attack, the moment you see the damage numbers pop up, move your character, even if it is just a little, then target the next target, or the same target right after. Practice this and meanwhile, since you are new, you may not notice a huge difference in your attack speed, it is there.

It is most noticeable when chasing enemies, though, again, hard to master, your character moves faster if you run to them, attack them, then move past / along side them, attack again, move, attack, move, attack.

You will get in many more attacks and cover ground quicker using this method.

Parthonaxx

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rike Anivia View Post
Someone hasn't played karthus
Lay Waste IS super hard to last hit with.

Why in gods name would you ever auto attack on Karthus?

Fat Ninja

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Ofelia View Post
Would butcher actually be a good item on an AP? Seems like it'd just be a waste of gold.

He was not referring to the Machete item in the shop. He was referring to the mastery in the "Mastery Pages" section of your profile. Yes, the machete would be a waste of money.

I disagree with everyone here telling you to buy / invest points into AD. If you are practicing last hitting with an AP, you should practice that. I would not buy runes until you are level 20. And as an AP, AD runes will almost never be ideal for your build.

By giving your character additional AD, you will indeed improve your ability to last hit, but you are handicapping your ability to learn to properly last hit with that character.

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
Another thing, though I don't know Ori's AD, or AD per level.. And since you are level 11, with no runes or rune pages.. I'm not 100% it will apply, but I'm going to throw it out there anyways.

Most of the time, if you are pushed under your tower, assuming all your minions aren't focusing the minion, it works like this.

Melee Minion - 2 tower shots, you auto attack once, dead.

Caster minion, attack BEFORE the tower, tower shoots it, you attack it once more, dead.

And I noticed you said you didn't know about cancelling your attack animations, yes, meanwhile I don't think it will benefit an Orianna player much, there are many abilities that if you use immediately after your attack, it resets your animation, usually increasing the speed in which you attack.

There are also many champions that, at high level play, to be used to their full potential require you to move after each attack, because their recovery animation, I guess you could call it, is so long.

Essentially, when you attack, the moment you see the damage numbers pop up, move your character, even if it is just a little, then target the next target, or the same target right after. Practice this and meanwhile, since you are new, you may not notice a huge difference in your attack speed, it is there.

It is most noticeable when chasing enemies, though, again, hard to master, your character moves faster if you run to them, attack them, then move past / along side them, attack again, move, attack, move, attack.

You will get in many more attacks and cover ground quicker using this method.
Ori's passive is extra damage per hit, stacks twice. So it's kind of difficult to determine damage. I'm trying. And it does AD damage, then extra magic damage then an extra + 1-2 on top of that. I see three numbers pop up per hit.

DarkPercy

12-29-2012

Take fiora and max W or take Yi and max E. Super easy to last hit l0l

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
He was not referring to the Machete item in the shop. He was referring to the mastery in the "Mastery Pages" section of your profile. Yes, the machete would be a waste of money.

I disagree with everyone here telling you to buy / invest points into AD. If you are practicing last hitting with an AP, you should practice that. I would not buy runes until you are level 20. And as an AP, AD runes will almost never be ideal for your build.

By giving your character additional AD, you will indeed improve your ability to last hit, but you are handicapping your ability to learn to properly last hit with that character.
Ahhh, I totally looked over that one. Wow.
I WAS buying runes, until I got told not to by a friend until I reach 20 and can buy tier 3.

Shinjou Kun

12-29-2012

I recommend doing what I call a "Test Hit" first, just to get a feel for how much of the HP Bar you do.
First i'd do it to the sword and shield Minions, then the mage minions, then the Artillery ones.

Once you deduce about how much of the bar you take out per attack, use it to calculate when you need to hit. Keep in mind two factors:
1) If You're ranged, take into account how fast your auto-attack projectile gets to the target. People like Ahri actually do a 0.5 sec wind up before they actually send their projectile out.
2) Other minions attacking it.

I recommend learned to use the "S" Key on your keyboard to not attack minions passively. Use that and camp by the minion you're going to last hit, and when it gets low enough for the last shot, attack it.

I Rike Anivia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthonaxx View Post
Lay Waste IS super hard to last hit with.

Why in gods name would you ever auto attack on Karthus?
We were talking about animation, not abilities.

MugenNightmare

12-29-2012

Hit a minion to see how much damage you do:

Hit a melee minion, it does 50ish, watch the health bar on the top right in numbers, click when it says around 60ish and you should get it.

As you do this look at the size of the health bar on top of its head, than compare number and bar size, click to hit when its the right time to last hit.

I suck at explaining