This is outrageous

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Northander

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
Actually in real life it doesn't give you permission to do so, and should you be in a public place such as a resturant you'll both be thrown out for your verbal dumps on everybody around you.
yeah, in a restaurant you will be thrown out
in a ranked game you have to bear with the fact that you will lose because of a troll and drop down in rating and get even more trolls
now, how can you compare the two when you have absolutely no power over a troll's behaviour ? Mute button is not going to improve your game, it's just slowing down a terrible experience

LittleDi

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northander View Post
yeah, in a restaurant you will be thrown out
in a ranked game you have to bear with the fact that you will lose because of a troll and drop down in rating and get even more trolls
now, how can you compare the two when you have absolutely no power over a troll's behaviour ? Mute button is not going to improve your game, it's just slowing down a terrible experience
There is a control, it's called make a team. If you don't want to risk someone in your team being a troll then make your own team. But you know what you do? You report the trolls. You don't become one in response to them trolling. That's how they multiply. They make you into them.

Northander

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
I would punish.

Case 1: Did nothing serious

Case 2: Raged at Amumu for making a mistake then stole blue from Morg and didn't care.

Case 3:Punish, rude comments toward enemy and threatening to report Soraka for no reason when all she said is "I'm done". Her stats don't show her throwing the game nor chat.
case 2: it was the enemy blue and morgana already had our blue, of course i didn't care, it is a waste of a resource, last time i checked, they don't stack and by the way, why would you need blue when you have unholy grail and 30% cdr ? Would you not give it to someone who for your benefit let's say build full tank, but is a champion that actually does use up a lot of mana ?
case 3: when the soraka said i'm done, he went AFK, i did not report, but it is a transcript, not a video, nor a screenshot - you read one line and all of a sudden you have a vivid image of how exactly it went down ?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Well, here's the thing: Whether you feel it's fair or not, it happened, and it's not totally unreasonable. You can see what you did that got you reported and Punished. You can either respond positively to that, realize that what you did isn't the acceptable way of dealing with the situations you were in, and make an effort to not react that way in the future, or you can sit here and keep thinking it's unfair and not do anything different, and end up in the Tribunal again.

You're not a toxic player, so please don't do the latter. You have a much easier task ahead of you if you choose to reform, then many people who post similar threads. Take advantage of this incident to better yourself and be both safer from punishment, and more pleasant to play with, in the future.

Northander

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDi View Post
There is a control, it's called make a team. If you don't want to risk someone in your team being a troll then make your own team. But you know what you do? You report the trolls. You don't become one in response to them trolling. That's how they multiply. They make you into them.
heck, i do play with friend, but what about the cases when you only have 4 people ? Should you go in expecting the 5th random guy is a troll ? Some of them only show their true selves deep in the game, what then ? You can have a lot of control over yourself, but when you get trolled when you least expect it, you don't exactly have that control anymore. But anyway, again, i did wrong, but still not as wrong as to have my account suspended.

Northander

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Well, here's the thing: Whether you feel it's fair or not, it happened, and it's not totally unreasonable. You can see what you did that got you reported and Punished. You can either respond positively to that, realize that what you did isn't the acceptable way of dealing with the situations you were in, and make an effort to not react that way in the future, or you can sit here and keep thinking it's unfair and not do anything different, and end up in the Tribunal again.

You're not a toxic player, so please don't do the latter. You have a much easier task ahead of you if you choose to reform, then many people who post similar threads. Take advantage of this incident to better yourself and be both safer from punishment, and more pleasant to play with, in the future.
Thank you for your reply ! That is not the reason why i have made this thread. To put it in a real world example : let's say voting; if you are going to say "i am not going to vote, because my vote is 1 out of 1 million so it won't matter", what if everyone one day decides to say the same ? I have posted it because i want to be one of the "voters", i do honor people i enjoyed playing with or against, threats aside, i very rarely report because i know it is a competitive, stresful environment, heck, i get yelled at on skype by my friends when i do something silly, but we don't report each other; what i'm trying to say is that there has to be a way to differenciate between a couple small mistakes and the ones that are truthfully horrible. Why isn't there some sort of an algorythm that reads the transcript, identifies the reported person, finds some words that are really offensive, counts the number of times said words were typed in chat and decides whether or not the report was indeed needed ?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Because no algorithm will have the understanding of context that a human reviewer will. That's why we have the Tribunal in the first place.

Wark

12-29-2012

Quote:

This basically sums up my feelings about your case. I personally don't think you deserved the ban, but I can understand it. That said, you seem to be worried that getting reported by a small amount of people or raging in one game can get you to the Tribunal, which isn't completely true. This thread has a lot of information about that kind of thing and I hope it can answer some of your questions.

Northander

12-29-2012

Quote:
Because no algorithm will have the understanding of context that a human reviewer will. That's why we have the Tribunal in the first place.
yes, but understanding of said context only come with full details. If you were to only read the subtitles of the movie Titanic, would you picture it the exact same way the movie acted out ?

Northander

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon3210 View Post
This basically sums up my feelings about your case. I personally don't think you deserved the ban, but I can understand it. That said, you seem to be worried that getting reported by a small amount of people or raging in one game can get you to the Tribunal, which isn't completely true. This thread has a lot of information about that kind of thing and I hope it can answer some of your questions.
This will be my last post, just to lighten up the atmosphere : a friend has had his account suspended for 1 day for joining a public chat room and jokingly saying "girls can't play LoL" to prove to me that it would get him banned. Lol