Moving to Ubuntu

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4 Purple Eskimos

12-29-2012

Hi!
So in the very near future,i am moving from Windows 7 to a brand new computer and it will be running Ubuntu, my problem is i dont want to switch back to windows 7 everytime i feel like trolling on LoL.

So how can i play LoL on ubuntu,i really dont want to redownload everything because in Alaska, we have slow internet...so can i move the game client and updates/patches to Ubuntu?

FancifuHarlequin

12-29-2012

Wine might work.

Edit: Derp just read the OP. Might be able to do something with a dual boot system.

chaser676

12-29-2012

Merlot also works

Akapish

12-29-2012

It does work with Wine but the last time I read on it there were some HP bar issues and others but that was awhile ago so I'm not sure how it is currently.

chaser676

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akapish View Post
It does but the last time I read on it there were some HP bar issues and others but that was awhile ago so I'm not sure how it is currently.
Drivers up to date?

Akapish

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Drivers up to date?
Never tried installing LoL on Ubuntu.

4 Purple Eskimos

12-29-2012

what is Merlot?

RiotDerivative

Data Scientist

12-29-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5815 View Post
Hi!
So in the very near future,i am moving from Windows 7 to a brand new computer and it will be running Ubuntu, my problem is i dont want to switch back to windows 7 everytime i feel like trolling on LoL.

So how can i play LoL on ubuntu,i really dont want to redownload everything because in Alaska, we have slow internet...so can i move the game client and updates/patches to Ubuntu?
I use exclusively Ubuntu and MacOSX for work and only boot into Windows for LoL :-).

You could try Wine or a similar product called CrossOver. You could also try running Windows 7 in a VM within VirtualBox. Unfortunately, most games are pretty unstable in these due to graphics requirements but it might be worth a shot.

If the system boots up fast enough (SSD) then dual-booting wouldn't be too bad of an idea.

SergeantGrumbles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-29-2012

Install Gentoo

Mr Richard101

12-29-2012

yup