ranked - choice on laning

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pengwndude

12-28-2012

So often people get into fights before the match actually starts and that usually goes from 1 of 2 things

1. troll pick (rengar and khaziks last pick for adc and support [actually happened])

2. fight over what role to play

some people go by calling, where the first person to call a lane, but sometimes it goes by order of picks.

It's not the same across the board.

also, even if someone 4th pick calls top before someone 1st pick, 1st pick might just be a jerk and ignore his call.

Now i strive to keep people as friendly as possible, and this being a game, it's best when everyone has fun.

So i figure if there was some sort of checklist for what roles you prefer, that would clear up a lot of troubles.

Baxter the Teddy

12-29-2012

Well, although I stand by call order ( as in I PERSONALLY will follow it) the rules CLEARLY state pick order.

sepetaiya

12-29-2012

call order is completely against any team collaboration, spirit or coherency. it is selfish and loses games. it is for children and trolls.

pick order is fair, just, and the only way to avoid trolling. this is ranked etiquette. and first picking mid or top doesnt mean instant counter because players > champs

Solution: have an option at champ select when after you pick your champ you then click on an icon for 1 of the 5 roles so that the last pick trolls cannot lock in that role and say he gets it since he called first. sure he might be forced to lock in support and he still goes top, but then he is reported by all.

League of Hooks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepetaiya View Post
call order is completely against any team collaboration, spirit or coherency. it is selfish and loses games. it is for children and trolls.

pick order is fair, just, and the only way to avoid trolling. this is ranked etiquette. and first picking mid or top doesnt mean instant counter because players > champs

Solution: have an option at champ select when after you pick your champ you then click on an icon for 1 of the 5 roles so that the last pick trolls cannot lock in that role and say he gets it since he called first. sure he might be forced to lock in support and he still goes top, but then he is reported by all.

my new hero, iv been trying to say this for soooo long now.

EnvisageX

12-29-2012

This has been suggested a lot already. There is even a good post on how you can still play outside the meta and implement something like this.

It would be really cool if it would happen and save people a lot of grief.