Yi's Meditate Needs to be fixed

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTehAnarchy

Senior Member

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0p0nP0p View Post
I dont rmbr correctly but... Yi's meditate gives 300 armor and resist, and heals for 800+4xAP.

U gotta use some kind of cc that can disrupt his meditate or else throw up grievouse wound onto him to help. Not just continuoasly auto him down.
im not sure i youve ever played nocturne, but thats what noc is... endless super fast autos with spammed abilities to help.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReasonablyInsec

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
2 So everytime anyone without CC wants to fight Yi (still not a tank, still just a jungler) they should have to call over a teammate and plan to gank him?
5 If his CDs are on hes no doubt jungling or farming till they're back up
6 AP yi is more of a support role, but even Dr. Mundo (a TANK not a JUNGLER isnt that ridiculously resilient)
7 still have yet to hear of another champ that has a basic ability that makes them invincible and an ult that refreshes its CD
Sir, don't pick and choose which points to argue with. Argue with all or argue with none.

2. If he heals and he's low, use grevious wounds or just back off- after his heal, his Q is probably still down.
5 In the middle of a teamfight?
6. Support? Besides damage, and, if you're AD Yi, backdooring skills, what would Yi bring to a team?
7 He's not invincible, everyone needs to be unique, only refreshes if he kills. He can't kill with a heal, sir.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTehAnarchy

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Renegadem View Post
Sir, don't pick and choose which points to argue with. Argue with all or argue with none.

2. If he heals and he's low, use grevious wounds or just back off- after his heal, his Q is probably still down.
5 In the middle of a teamfight?
6. Support? Besides damage, and, if you're AD Yi, backdooring skills, what would Yi bring to a team?
7 He's not invincible, everyone needs to be unique, only refreshes if he kills. He can't kill with a heal, sir.
Yi is nothing if not harass his alpha strike lets him turret dive without much trouble. Yis endless speed lets him zip around the map to jungle and gank wherever hes needed, his speed is his gap closer. His ult refreshes everything and he has a passive heal (that if tweaked to be strictly an out of combat heal) would be a perfect addition to his kit (allowing him to pause between team fights and jungling to heal without having to base)


Also, how do you propose one should "back off" in a team fight, and why the hell should anyone have to back off from a jungler in the first place, junglers should not have to be treated like tanks.

despite your continued responses you still have yet to supply any reason making it acceptable for a jungle character to be more resilient than any tank. You also still have yet to name a single other champ that posesses a similar ability...
Yi is supposed to be a jungler. Not a tank that can sit there taking endless punishment while his teammates weaken all around him so he can finish them once meditate stops.

If your a yi who is in a teamfight without your ult, your not a very good yi... Plain and simple team fights come after laning ends. Laning ends well after level 6, yi is the perfect initiator for team fights because of his alpha strike and speed. Because of those 2 things there shouldnt be a teamfight that yi gets into without being prepared for it.

Any champ (yes even supports built for support roles as opposed to damage roles)can kill if the enemies health is low enough, all yi has to do is stand there till meditate breaks and whats left of the other team is already pretty bruised from taking out the other members of his team to pick off easy kills, its not like hes incapable of chasing survivors down...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
The point is you shouldnt have to CC a champ to make it possible to kill them. Thats retarded, by that logic yi cant be solo'd by any champ without CC, how ridiculous is that? Name one other jungle champ that requires that much to be brought down. Yi is not a tank, and meditate should be an out of combat heal, not a mid combat invincibility
Nocturne's Spell Shield comes to mind... so that stops the CC one would use to kill him.

Nocturne also has his Fear, his movement trail and his ult, all avenues to escape.

There, named one for you.

And Noc isn't a tank.

Oh, want another?

Olaf. And he can't be CCed.

Fiora, that lovely ult of hers.

Jax, because your auto attacks are meaningless.

Trynd, because his ult laughs at you.

Any other dumb questions?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
Yi is nothing if not harass his alpha strike lets him turret dive without much trouble. Yis endless speed lets him zip around the map to jungle and gank wherever hes needed, his speed is his gap closer. His ult refreshes everything and he has a passive heal (that if tweaked to be strictly an out of combat heal) would be a perfect addition to his kit (allowing him to pause between team fights and jungling to heal without having to base)
Wards make his speed meaningless.

Quote:
Also, how do you propose one should "back off" in a team fight, and why the hell should anyone have to back off from a jungler in the first place, junglers should not have to be treated like tanks.
It's called strategy. Learn it maybe.

Quote:
despite your continued responses you still have yet to supply any reason making it acceptable for a jungle character to be more resilient than any tank. You also still have yet to name a single other champ that posesses a similar ability...
Yi is supposed to be a jungler. Not a tank that can sit there taking endless punishment while his teammates weaken all around him so he can finish them once meditate stops.
Except he's not more resilient than any tank. Does one Stun stop a Malphite? Does one Silence stop a Mundo? Does Snare or Knockup really stop Singed?

Didn't. Think. So.

One Silence, Stun, Knockup, Taunt, etc halts whatever tankiness Yi might have during Meditate. One. And then what? He gets blown up.

Quote:
If your a yi who is in a teamfight without your ult, your not a very good yi... Plain and simple team fights come after laning ends. Laning ends well after level 6, yi is the perfect initiator for team fights because of his alpha strike and speed. Because of those 2 things there shouldnt be a teamfight that yi gets into without being prepared for it.
If Yi is initiating without CC to lead him in, that's a bad Yi.

Quote:
Any champ (yes even supports built for support roles as opposed to damage roles)can kill if the enemies health is low enough, all yi has to do is stand there till meditate breaks and whats left of the other team is already pretty bruised from taking out the other members of his team to pick off easy kills, its not like hes incapable of chasing survivors down...
Anyone just letting Yi Meditate in the middle of a team fight is doing it wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTehAnarchy

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideEric View Post
Nocturne's Spell Shield comes to mind... so that stops the CC one would use to kill him.

Nocturne also has his Fear, his movement trail and his ult, all avenues to escape.

There, named one for you.

And Noc isn't a tank.

This is a joke right? ^ Youve clearly never used Nocture before, because if you had youd know that nocs spell shield lasts less than 3 seconds (a mere fraction of meditates duration) and it by no means makes him immune to damage, nor does it leave him with full health. Also constant move speed is way more effective than his duskbringer which is a much more effective chase than escape, and only a fool would suggest using his ult as an escape, you can leap to an enemy champ, not wherever you want, but i suppose youd have to actually have played Noc to know that...
Oh, want another?

Olaf. And he can't be CCed.

1 Thats his ult, not a basic ability (his ult also doesnt refresh this abilitys cooldown, and it doesnt render him immune to damage for an extended duration then leave him with full health. No comparison, nice try though.
Fiora, that lovely ult of hers.

*See olaf*

Jax, because your auto attacks are meaningless.

*see olaf*

Trynd, because his ult laughs at you.

*see olaf* and for the final time you cannot compare an ult to a basic ability especially when that basic ability in question has the potential to be instantly refreshed. However the fact that you are now comparing Yi's basic ability to other champions ults only proves my point. Any basic ability thats on par with other champions ults is OP, simple as that, ESPECIALLY when the ability in question has the potential for an instant CD
Any other dumb questions?
If i wanted anymore dumb answers maybe, but youve already proven my point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Also, FYI there Anarchy.

Yi isn't invincible during Meditate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTehAnarchy

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksideEric View Post
Also, FYI there Anarchy.

Yi isn't invincible during Meditate.
Heals faster than you can deal damage to him, in team fights you have to single him out which leaves other enemies which should be primary targets free to do as they please. In a team fight with meditate the way it his yi might as well be because he will always be the last one standing


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
If i wanted anymore dumb answers maybe, but youve already proven my point.
You've clearly never seen a good Nocturne before.

And the points clearly went over your head.

You're complaining that CC is needed to take down Yi.

Nocturne blocks CC. Can Meditate block CC? Can it?

Meditate doesn't make Yi immune to anything.

Duskbringer and his ult were just candy coating.

Let's see...

Yi's Meditate doesn't render him immune to anything. But I think I've said this before, haven't I?

Let me repeat it, since you seem to be hung up on that for Fiora, Jax and Trynd.

Yi's Meditate doesn't render him immune to anything.

Nocturne: Immunity to CC.
Olaf: Immunity to CC.
Fiora: Immunity to damage and CC.
Jax: Immunity to Auto Attacks.
Trynd: Immunity.

Learn what "immunity" means before you ask any more dumb questions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarksideEric

Senior Member

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
Heals faster than you can deal damage to him, in team fights you have to single him out which leaves other enemies which should be primary targets free to do as they please. In a team fight with meditate the way it his yi might as well be because he will always be the last one standing
Doesn't heal for **** if you:

Ignite him
Grievous wounds him
Silence him
Knock him up
Stun him
Fear him
Taunt him
Knock him away

Next?


1234567 ... 13