The Great Trollbunal Experiment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

12-28-2012

Thanks for doing our work for us, despite doing it for entirely the wrong reasons and in entirely the wrong way.

You'll get around 80% accuracy, which shouldn't surprise you, since it's about an 80% punish rate.

The only way you'd get to complain about the system not working is if the pardon rate were HIGHER, by the way.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Tribunal haters spam punish. Other tribunal haters whine that everyone spams punish.

What a world we live in.

Shelzin

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post
Tribunal haters spam punish. Other tribunal haters whine that everyone spams punish.

What a world we live in.
lol

SimplyAlive

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Soraka View Post
So yeah, i'm going to do this for a couple weeks, and see what happens. If this were a working system, i'd imagine my success rating would be somewhere between 40-60%, but knowing what I know about the place, I imagine it will actually be something above 90%, which would indicate something being pretty broken.
40-60% would be a possibiliy for random cases (random between punish and pardon), but not for cases that require tons of reports, as they will more likely be punished.

Your premise is flawed from the very start and your experiment has been done before with the mentioned results. I don;t see the point to be honest.

AscleiP

12-29-2012

+1 to the poster above me and others who have come to similar conclusions.

Due to the conditions and selection process which have been applied to generate the sample pool, results you get from your "experiment" can only be viewed as both moot and skewed. Why not spend your energy and time on something more constructive, such as coming up with ways to better the Tribunal, which you claim to be broken, instead of creating more confusion?

Cheers,
D.

LittleDi

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightNooblar View Post

What a world we live in.
And yet none of them are half intelligent enough to pardon trolling and punish the others to try to counter the system?

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Since you were so nice as to announce it on here, Riot will prob take away the strength of your vote allowing potential violators to run free.

BillyTheAttorney

12-29-2012

"I'm angry at the Tribunal and I think it's broken, so I'm going to spam punish to prove a point."

That's nice. When I vote in the Tribunal, I realize I'm potentially banning someone from playing the game for a period of time. So I vote my conscience because it's affecting someone either way I vote. Someone who abuses other people to "make a point" = a-hole.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by magooomba View Post
In case this point hasn't already been hammered home, allow me to delve into this. You say that the Tribunal would be seemingly "pretty broken" if the punishment rate would be above what your imagined success would be. That is a ridiculous conclusion based solely on your own assumptions. If X% of the players who enter the Tribunal are "deserving" of punishment, simply claiming that X% of players being punished somehow shows a supposed problem is a joke. A punishment rate alone shows nothing but how many players are being punished.
Quoted for truth.

Riot controls the punish rate indirectly, because they control the number of reports needed to go before the Tribunal. That number (or formula, because not all reports are equally strong) isn't made public but it is set at its current value because they want the Punish rate at about 80%.

They could make it harder to get into the Tribunal, which would result in far fewer innocents showing up there, and the punishment rate would increase as a result. Or they could make it easier, which would result in far more innocents showing up, and the punishment rate would decrease. The fact that 80% get a Punish verdict is a non-issue; as magooomba said, it shows nothing but how many players are being punished.

evink

12-29-2012

You'll have a good accuracy not because the system doesn't work but because most players in tribunal deserve punishment. If you aren't happy with tribunal's system because you think people just spam punish, then you're an hypocritical doing the same thing you complain about.