Theres alot more to this game than just playing for kills..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samcro AUS View Post
Kills only help you until one team is under 100 points? thats right yeah? well by that thinking kills count for nothing at all really because u cant win the game by getting points for kills u might get the enemy to under 100 first but if they have the caps whats the point? score for kills/assist should be at least halved if not more. I think that will make people think a lot more about capping. tho maybe to much?
-Maybe~ if it was possible, I hope we get a good video soon maybe from feedski explaining how dominion should be really played =) as to teach the new comers and the people who still think kills win dominion games
-That's true as well, you get quite a few points for killing people, but we also have to take into account that there isn't really a "solid" metta other than the optimal champions + revive x(
-Kills late game become more crucial as well because that is when respawn timers get really weird and people start spawning a lot faster than you will if your in the lead
-At the same time, you don't wanna chase people late game because your giving time for enemies to respawn while your not recalling at half health which will put ur team at a huge DISADV for the next battle !
-Mainly, the kills late game are the final "battles" of 4 v 4 top or 4 v 4 in the jungles, basically that determines who's map control and team comp is better =) --> which relates that late game team comps are favorable in dominion

Edit: At the same time, to secure a decisive victory without worrying about a final battle is to take the enemy jungle over while they are still reviving (maybe after a 4 v 4 fight that you won). This creates ambushes when they enter their jungle and boom, if you catch a person off guard, its a 4 v 3 again ~ and that mainly spells gg if the enemy is low on points ~
I Kinda went off topic sorry =/

xPainx

12-28-2012

i also heard this argument , "The more you kill , the less enemies alive which means you win". It sounds nice but generally you can't roam around the jungle like Indiana Jones without an objective in mind. When the enemy has capped top (with full hp) and 2 are standing on top of their tower and 1 hidden in the top brush its usually better to just have someone cap mid while the rest of the team camp the jungle. You can have 2 cap and 2 camp jungle, or 1 cap and 3 camp jungle. Whatever works.

People need to play smarter and those kills will happen. In fact , some games you can dominate the enemy so fast that no one will have more than 10 kills individually. Just look at tournament games on SR between professional teams. When do you ever see the AD carry or AP carry with 20+ kills or even 15 kills. Not very often. its usually around 10 kills more or less cuz they don't mess around and actually end the games fast.

Panzerzs

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxG Skumbagz View Post
i also heard this argument , "The more you kill , the less enemies alive which means you win". It sounds nice but generally you can't roam around the jungle like Indiana Jones without an objective in mind. When the enemy has capped top (with full hp) and 2 are standing on top of their tower and 1 hidden in the top brush its usually better to just have someone cap mid while the rest of the team camp the jungle. You can have 2 cap and 2 camp jungle, or 1 cap and 3 camp jungle. Whatever works.
Always a good thing to do, not only can you cap mid, you can also gank bot at the same time to make em frustrated since apparently "Camping Top" wins games!
-That way, hopefully u can get 4 caps to their 1 cap windmill huehue
-B/c their middle point is so close to their base, I mainly want to send my teammates into the jungle to ambush the 4th guy that recalled & is running back to the windmill, and then charge a 4 v 3 top~

Note to self: Keep that tab up after an enemy death, the last thing you want is to think you have a 4 v 3 advantage until you see that the guy you killed in jungle revived =(

CAtnium2

12-29-2012

lots of players remind me of lemmings for some odd reason

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

i can totally relate with this... when you bot and even if you destroy you are hardly ever even top 3. unless you are capping/getting capped often and top is brutal of course. you contribute waaaaaaay more than people think too... the pressure you apply bot can peel players from top to make capping top easier for example.

lots of times when i am top i will find myself dying just to hold that tower long enough for my team to regroup and counter their attack... then someone will call you a feeder or something ridiculous if you lose at the end. it's really sad that the scoring system doesn't reward defending a point a lot more as it is possibly the most important part of dominion.

"the more you kill, the less they are alive" argument really doesn't work in dom... especially if you are winning in points... i would MUCH rather defend as long as possible with 3 points then chase down kills. they are going to respawn way faster than you with the comeback mechanic and you really cant afford to get caught out of position to "secure kills".

xPainx

12-30-2012

Well, i never said killing is bad. But players just don't know when its safe to chase. There are times when chasing them is obviously fine. Like if you kill 2-3 of them at top and most of you are high hp then its safe to cap their mid unless they revived which all of you should know by TABBING. Then once you cap their mid..u just stall them as long as possible or kill them if possible. Also, the Fog of war leading to speed shrine from their entrance ramp is where some should camp as well. They might try to sneak out. If a team plays this well with a Good comp and knows how to play their heroes well, it makes a great team.

Panzerzs

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingstreet View Post
"the more you kill, the less they are alive" argument really doesn't work in dom... especially if you are winning in points... i would MUCH rather defend as long as possible with 3 points then chase down kills. they are going to respawn way faster than you with the comeback mechanic and you really cant afford to get caught out of position to "secure kills".

-Definitely a good approach to dominion mentality
-There is one problem with defending 3 caps as long as possible (you might think im a ****** by now)
-Defending points 3 - 2 for as long as possible will be really really challenging
-If you can really read the enemy well, keep pressuring them bot and maybe take a 4th point or neutralize and run back after to bring chaos into the enemies trying to regroup for a top assault
-Eventually, if you keep battling 4 v 4 top with a 3 cap ADV, you won't be able to hold 3 caps forever simply because the death timers really punch you in the face (you already know this, im just recapping it to haunt you back xD)
-The above statement however, does not always come true and some teams often just can never cap the top point and will lose 450-0 xP (not that common when there are 5+ good players in a game)

Note to self: Always good to take map control after every single battle that you win. The last thing you want is a 3 cap in your favor, and having no teammates in the jungle (This situation actually puts the enemy at the hugest advantage ever)

bierfaust

12-30-2012

Kills are irrelevant and should not give points, remove points from your total, nor should they even be recorded on the stats screen. The game is King of the Hill, not deathmatch.

xPainx

01-04-2013

>_<

xPainx

01-07-2013

Heres an example of what im talking about. People thinking they are playing right cuz of their score. He would rush top vs 3 players and die 3 times in late game. It was hard to catch up with him cuz he wouldn't give all of us speed buff. The sad thing about it was that he wasn't too far ahead of us. But instead of waiting for 3 secs for us...he took too much unnecessary dmg and died before we got there.

It important for people to understand how to play this game mode. With more competitive players , it makes dominion more fun and in the end increases our population.