Gifting extended through the end of Snowdown Showdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iTams

12-28-2012

I see that you guys must have made a ton of money through it then.

Suspitio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

I support this. I support this so much.

JoBiden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklarik View Post
What would one do if his account was hacked and forced to make gifts to someone else?
"We hope to bring gifting back permanently in 2013 once we have evaluated its impact on account fraud and hacking, and taken any necessary additional steps to protect your accounts."

this is the type of thing they are delaying a full release for

Kayleorfeed

12-28-2012

have my children shopkeeper assistant!!!!111!!!!!!!1!!!

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

12-28-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklarik View Post
What would one do if his account was hacked and forced to make gifts to someone else?
Contact Player Support with detailed information about the hacking and ask that the gifts be removed from the other player and the RP refunded. I cannot guarantee the result, as it depends on what can be proven, but those are the steps I would recommend.

And protect your passwords!

Brianmc

12-28-2012

I think we should start a petition to make it YEAR ROUND !!!

seductiveasian

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
We hope to bring gifting back permanently in 2013 once we have evaluated its impact on account fraud and hacking, and taken any necessary additional steps to protect your accounts.
The frauding would be pretty easy to prevent, wouldn't it? Just put a level restriction and they have to be friends for a certain amount of time first.
Just like how it is now

Ookitsu Fox

12-28-2012

Wouldn't having a one month limit and the previous level requirement (so people don't abuse the free 400 rp) to having a friend added help with hacking and phishing attempts for people trying to get free skins and that fast?

I honestly think if it was a permanent feature that wouldn't really get in the way since most people will of had their friends added longer then that and if they really are friends will be on their friends list for a long time.

Korra Lee

12-28-2012

I gifted a friend of mine 2 champions who were Cassiopeia and Syndra, but I've waited a whole week and no turret summoner icon came up. I saw one of my friends have one, but I don't see anything when I open my summoner icon page. Since the first try failed, I gifted Syndra, but still, no result. What can I do?

Also, the gifting happened on the EU&NE servers.

Lazenby

12-28-2012

This is a ridiculous cash cow for you guys.

It is a great feature for the players as well. I hope you guys are able to analyze the data quickly and make it a permanent feature ASAP.