1 week ban for what?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matedre

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleb bartlett View Post
personally identifying information, infringes on the proprietary or non-proprietary rights of third parties, or that is offensive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable. .
Explain which one of these I breached.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matedre View Post
Explain which one of these I breached.
you failed to read the whole thing.

Matedre

12-27-2012

Quote:
you failed to read the whole thing.
My name wasn't changed by Riot, I didn't even get warned. Also, the tribunal doesn't see my summoner name which suggests that I was instapunished without proof of an inappropriate name.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
My name wasn't changed by Riot, I didn't even get warned. Also, the tribunal doesn't see my summoner name which suggests that I was instapunished without proof of an inappropriate name.
When the case is being judged it's shown, when the case is closed it's hidden from public view. The reason you wern't warned was because you have been to the tribunal before and thus 'used' your warning and they don't need to give you another as per their EULA. Also as i mentioned before, they can punish based on pre/post game chat.

Matedre

12-27-2012

What I don't understand is why I was banned instead of having a name change issued OR being asked to change the name and pay for it myself.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

12-27-2012

Kaleb needs to chill out.

A time ban isn't the right punishment for an inappropriate name. I'd recommend contacting Player Support and letting them know what happened. They should lift the ban and change your summoner name. Otherwise, you'll just end up back in the Tribunal again as more people report you.

Matedre

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoyItsaMegaman View Post
Kaleb needs to chill out.

A time ban isn't the right punishment for an inappropriate name. I'd recommend contacting Player Support and letting them know what happened. They should lift the ban and change your summoner name. Otherwise, you'll just end up back in the Tribunal again as more people report you.
I submitted a support ticket. I'm hoping I get a response soon otherwise I'll be celebrating the 2013 with no account and no elo.

kaleb bartlett

12-27-2012

Quote:
What I don't understand is why I was banned instead of having a name change issued OR being asked to change the name and pay for it myself.
you can request a name change from support if it's still the same as what you said it was. Explain to them that some people found it offensive and you want to change it. As for the suspension, if what one of the people reporting said was true, then that's what you got suspended for.

Just don't be a dick in game or in pre/post game chat... or just don't be a dick anywhere and you'll be good. You only have 1 more suspension before you lose your account forever, so you need to check the attitude before you do anymore games.

Matedre

12-27-2012

Quote:
you can request a name change from support if it's still the same as what you said it was. Explain to them that some people found it offensive and you want to change it. As for the suspension, if what one of the people reporting said was true, then that's what you got suspended for.

Just don't be a dick in game or in pre/post game chat... or just don't be a dick anywhere and you'll be good. You only have 1 more suspension before you lose your account forever, so you need to check the attitude before you do anymore games.
I wasn't a dick in game, before game, or after game. If I was then I wouldn't be here posting a thread asking why I was banned.

kaleb bartlett

12-27-2012

Quote:
I wasn't a dick in game, before game, or after game. If I was then I wouldn't be here posting a thread asking why I was banned.
you wouldn't believe the number of people coming through here who say the exact same thing, and their case is literally filled with things to report for. Since we can't see pre/post game chat via tribunal we have to judge based on gut. Since riot CAN see pre/post game chat then they can overturn a tribunal ruling or confirm it based on that if the games arn't makin it clear.

All i'm sayin is it could have been some remark you made in pre/post game chat.