Riot we need more Shields.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 45
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2012

It's occurred to me that the only champions in the league with shields are Pantheon, Leona, Poppy, Sejuani, Singed and Taric... Poppy's never played so let's get that out of the way. It's awkward having a bunch of warriors in the league with an empty left hand, Darius, Garen, Riven, Diana, Kayle, Jarvan IV. At least Master Yi and Tryndamere both wield two-handed swords, Shen wields double swords, but we need MORE SHIELDS!!!!!

LOOK AT THIS! Everything looks cooler with shields! Anyone can become a BADASS WITH SHIELDS!
Attachment 581986

Just look!

If Nami had a shield, more people would play her!
Attachment 581988

If Kayle had a shield, more people would play her!
Attachment 581989

Look at all this badassness, can you achieve this level of badass without shields?

Attachment 581992Attachment 581993Attachment 583287

Even hybrids wear shields!

Attachment 581994

Could you face such a creature without a SHIELD?!

Attachment 581996

HOW ABOUT THIS ONE?!

Attachment 581995

You could only block the mightiest of foes with a shield! Not a sword, not a gauntlet, not a staff, a SHIELD!

Attachment 581997

Look at the might in her eyes, look at the courage she has! Only a shield can provide that!

Attachment 581998

You can only rush in battle with no fear at all with a trustworthy SHIELD!

Attachment 582005

Even wanderers and rogues need a good SHIELD!

Attachment 583164

EVEN MAGES AND SORCERERS NEEDS SHIELDS!

Attachment 583154Attachment 583165

Look at these Sigils, shields for wizards in Lineage II. Look at the magnificence.
Attachment 583167
Attachment 583156

The greatest supports in the league are the best because they possess SHIELDS!
LOOK! CAN YOU FEEL THE POWER? CAN YOU FEEL THE DIVINITY?!
Attachment 582000Attachment 582001Attachment 582002Attachment 582003Attachment 582004

Look at these great shield concepts, any of those would make a champion more OP than release Xin Zhao, or release Vayne, why? Because THEY didn't have SHIELDS!
Just think of a mage or runic knight or even a battle priest wielding one of these bad boys.
Attachment 582006Attachment 582007Attachment 582008Attachment 583166

These bucklers would be great for any thief or assassin, imagine an extremely agile thief with a legendary buckler with swift blocking and parrying agility?
Attachment 582664

I think you guys are ready, for the shield you've all been waiting for and grew up with, for the almighty king of shields, there was countless shields, but only one SHIELD, to RULE THEM ALL!
Attachment 583153

Here's a concept, see how Leona represents the sun and Diana represents the moon, and how they've been chosen by the sun and the moon respectively?

Well how about a champ that's chosen by the heavens every few hundred years an eclipse occurs? That warrior is bestowed with both the powers of the sun and the moon, and more, the eclipse, the darkness.
Even Diana represents the light, the moonlight, but the eclipse, it is true darkness. And of course she will need A SHIELD!
Attachment 582009

Let's get Riot to give us more SHIELDS! Maybe even the famous Dual-Shield champion a lot of us have been waiting for! (Those of you who roam weaponry/archetypes suggestion threads will know what I'm talking about)
[I found an example! Finally!]
Attachment 582856

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
Have you ever played Ragnarok Online? Or RO for short? It was like the best game a couple of years ago along with Maplestory, Diablo and such.

Anyways, in Ragnarok Online, Paladins, Crusaders and Royal Guards have skills based completely on their shields.

Shrink
Shield Boomerang
Shield Charge
Shield Chain
Reflect Shield
Defender
Shield Press
Shield Spell
Earth Drive
Banding
Hesperus Lit

Attachment 582740Attachment 582742Attachment 582743Attachment 582744Attachment 582745Attachment 582804
Quote:
A few ideas I have for animations/abilities for a shield champion.

-Dual-Shields used to dash & bash opponents (ŕ la Goofy from Kingdom Hearts)
-Dual-Shields used to crash against each other to make shockwaves (credit to Fly Líce)
-Strong tower shield that reduces dmg taken by you and your allies by X% when they are behind you
-Shield used as a barrier by planting it in certain location, all damage is reduced/negated while inside it.
-Shield magic, skillshots are fired from the shield as if it were a cannon (not a cannon shield though, that'd look dumb)
-Shield-surfing gap closer (credit to Mint Häagen Dazs)
-Buckler or triangular shield used as a boomerang (like Crusaders in Ragnarok Online < Must watch this bad ass Ragnarok shield animation)

And best of all.

-Runic shield that can be imbued with magic/elementals to deal damage:

When fire charged, enemies take damage if you get hit by melee attacks.
When lightning charged, you release chain lightning every 3 hits.
When water charged, you heal X amount every 4 hits.
When earth charged, you receive bonus Armor/MR.
When wind charged, allies gain bonus movement speed when near you.
When light charged, every 3rd attack that hits you stuns/blinds the enemy who dealt it.
When dark charged, you slow enemies around you by X%.
A charge's duration would vary by the element before going on cooldown and could work like Twisted Fate's Pick-a-Card or even better, it would work like the Cannoneer skill Roll-of-Dice from Maplestory, a number would be assigned to each charge and the dice would only roll for 2 seconds to avoid wasted cast-time but chances remain random.
Bump, upvote, share with your friends and comment and share your thoughts/suggestions

Also, if you like this thread, be sure to check out my other thread about monsters/creatures needed in league: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=26520777 (Sigh, really Riot? Did you really have to move that thread?...)

Edit (12/28/12): 100 upvotes! Now we need to get a red in here!
Edit (12/29/12): 200 upvotes! You guys are AWESOME! Keep it up and thanks for the support!
Edit (12/29/12): 300 upvotes?! +100 in only 3 hours??? My god! That's insane! I just noticed! We have 3 red posts! Thanks a lot for the bumping/upvoting everyone!!!
Edit (12/29/12): 400 upvotes Just 4 hours later, man I love you guys, SHIELDS ftw! Now let's get ourselves a bad ass male crusader knight with a runic shield reflecting barrier
Edit (12/29/12): 500 upvotes! GREAT! Maybe Riot will give us more shields! Not just 1 knight or 1 dual shield champion. WE NEED MOAR SHIELDS IN GENERAL! Mage guards, assassin bucklers, knight shields!
Edit (12/29/12): 600 upvotes!! Aww yeahhhhhhh!!!
Edit (01/12/13): 700 upvotes! Took a while, I was afraid everyone saw the thread already. We can reach further and more people! Come on bros!
Edit (03/06/13): 800 upvotes, took a while but whatever lol.
Edit (05/07/13): 900 upvotes! Let's get it to 1k!

slifer556

12-27-2012

You do realize GD would complain about the shield in the picutre with the caption, "if Kayle had a shield" right ?

gimeyop

12-27-2012

+1 for well done troll

DoYouEvenRiftBro

12-27-2012

Leona and Taric are played a lot.. they are my main supports....

and are broken as **** in the support category atm with current patch updates. That aside I will upvote and agree shields are truly outrageous <33333

I think our Lord Iron Stylus will be the first to comment on shields and badassery, but will probably let you know... sometimes it will make them look worse off in-game. Splash art is one thing... moving and reactions with shields in a game are another.

DoYouEvenRiftBro

12-27-2012

Also if nami looked like that.. regardless of shield I think people wouldn't be playing her.. they would be more fapping... and less playing..

NinjaCĂ…T

12-27-2012

singed?

Lemon8or

12-27-2012

Quote:
It's occurred to me that the only champions in the league with shields are Pantheon, Leona, Poppy, Sejuani, Singed and Taric... Poppy's never played so let's get that out of the way. It's awkward having a bunch of warriors in the league with an empty left hand, Darius, Garen, Riven, Diana, Kayle, Jarvan IV.
I stopped reading there. Really? How can you swing a huge axe to chop people with a shield? How can you use a lance with a shield?

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer556 View Post
You do realize GD would complain about the shield in the picutre with the caption, "if Kayle had a shield" right ?
How? She's not naked, its all softcore'd... Janna's more nude than that shield...

Bishop44

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon8or View Post
I stopped reading there. Really? How can you swing a huge axe to chop people with a shield? How can you use a lance with a shield?
pantheon

slifer556

12-27-2012

Quote:
How? She's not naked, its all softcore'd... Janna's more nude than that shield...
I was referring to the shield itself, but GD will even complain about softcore, and softer than soft-core material

1234511 ... 45