When to surrender and when NOT too

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Causing Panic

12-26-2012

Quote:
2) A duo queue in ranked should only count as 1 vote
I disagree with this, most of the time its the duo ques that will carry the time (atleast in my experience they carry more time then feed) so if they think they can turn it around why should they only get 1 vote and risk surrendering a winnable game because of that?

HybridLR1

12-26-2012

Well there's a few issues, like if Top or Mid is winning but they don't help other lanes and allow bot lane to get destroyed. Because if the enemy adc and the team rushes bot so they get some assists, eat both towers, dominate our jungle and the other people just stare and go " Well I won my lane..."

Players in general need to learn it's a team game and play together better instead of being focused on individual stats.

Causing Panic

12-26-2012

Quote:
Players in general need to learn it's a team game and play together better instead of being focused on individual stats.
i agree completely with this, and countless times have i run into players that are too caught up in their stats and focused soloely on "oh i won lane you guy suck and make me lose" they refuse to realize Great you won lane NOW your main goal is to help other lanes win theirs.

ragnaraq

12-26-2012

I don't mean I troll and say no when everyone else is yelling to say yes. I mean I try. I will say yes if were dead and theyre going to win. But if were losing either way, and they are in the base, I will say no and try to kill them. It's only an additional 20 secs till they win. Yhough I do like to see the double explosion at the end. :P I only surrender if we are all dead and have no chance of respawning by the time they win.

IntangibleOne

12-26-2012

I dont like surrendering to winnable games either. For example, if both other lanes feed, lose and try to surrender, but im extremely fed and dominating mid, i will tell them no. Just yesterday, was playing tristana. normal blind pick, not following meta, our vayne and hecarim top feed darius hard. Hec leaves, darius keeps me from completely dominating mid against fizz. (adc trist btw). Im still fed, bot loses. I say, all right, defend the inhibitors. My teammates do, i destroy top while the enemy is distracted. Get killed. Repeat with mid. get killed. We get their top and mid inhibs, they get ours too. I send vayne bot, she gets to 1 nexus turrets, gets killed. I tell them all to defend the best they can. Go and destroy all respawned inhibitors, then nexus turret and nexus, before the enemy could kill me (fizz and one other came back to kill me, i killed both of them). I destroy their nexus by my self with 4-5 bars health (my minions were fighting enemy minions). THere were several surrender votes that game (i did agree to the first couple). Once i realized i could get the lanes easily by distracting them, i stopped surrendering. I carried that game harder than i though i ever could, even though vayne and hecarim fed hard. (our darius was only fed from defending, though) I recorded it with lol replay, i might upload the game to youtube lol i liked it alot lol.

Axle the Beast

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causing Panic View Post
i agree completely with this, and countless times have i run into players that are too caught up in their stats and focused soloely on "oh i won lane you guy suck and make me lose" they refuse to realize Great you won lane NOW your main goal is to help other lanes win theirs.
Mmhm, yeah. You can brag all you want about how well you're doing, but it doesn't really matter overall (especially if the point you claim proves your superiority is just your kill count; kill to death scores are not always decisive).

Often, when I manage to take my first turret, I go help the other lanes to get their turrets so we can even up the lanes and control the map. Doesn't always play out like this, but it needs to happen more often.

Lajinn5

12-26-2012

I say never surrender, once i played Nasus top and all lanes but mine did bad, i won my lane and gained Nasus critical mass, i refused to surrender and ran into the teamfight from a sidebush, I killed their carry extremely quick and my team got an ace, every team fight i would instakill their carry and my team would clean up, we eventually ended up with a gold advantage, at which point their carry ragequit and they surrendered

Takimaru

12-26-2012

We had a afk thought we were going to lose.

But Jax can carry like a boss, and thats what i did.

Dinomiah

12-26-2012

This is less relevant against randos at lower ELO brackets and stuff, but it seems relevant.

During the World Championships, the commentators mentioned how Asian teams are more likely to surrender, and it's a respect thing. Continuing to play against a team that is clearly very far ahead is like saying "You guys only got this far because you were lucky and we bet you'll screw it up." There are times when you probably should surrender because it's the respectful thing to do, both to your teammates and your opponents.

izuul

12-26-2012

the enemy adc is 10/3 at minutes 15 and mid is lost but top is stll upp for grabs....ya dont surrender op your retared