Zed's being picked in Asian Tournies, but I've not seen a single good Zed shine.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaarrjj

12-26-2012

The only fantastic Zed play I saw in all of those asian tournaments is where Zed ulted Ashe to avoid her arrow. And I don't think he even killed her.

Every Zed I've seen doesn't do well in terms of getting kills. Even his ability to assist is not that great. Zed cannot reliably stick to his foe when his ultimate is cast. That would not be a problem in of itself, but his ultimate also does **** damage before rank 3. His Q's are hard to hit, and getting overlapping shadows on his W is too difficult because you'd have to place your shadows in extremely inefficient ways just to get it to hit because of how terrible of a range his E actually is. It doesn't take a Game Analyst at riot to see that Zed needs buffed. Not one game have I been extremely impressed with the asian pro's playing Zed except for dodging Ashes arrow.

Zed should of been able to kill that ashe. Do you know why that didnt happen? Because he missed his Q. I've seen Zed's missing Q's constantly at the professional level of play. That ability is too damn hard to hit with right now. Here's a video of the encounter. (watch at 20:15)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9wI5qnzr4Q

Seriously, Speed up his Q. After witnessing several Q misses from Zed, when the player playing him is obviously very skilled, I can say there's something very wrong. Ashe should NOT of been able to get away from that. At all.

***EDIT***

• Zed's Ultimate Detonation is too weak at rank 1 and 2. Zed is extremely throttled by it, the fact that his W is leveled last which gives him passive bonus AD to make a more powerful ult, and then he isn't going to have the itemization to make use of his ultimate at rank 1 and 2.
  • E's Radius needs to be bumped up to what it originally was on the PBE, which was Katarina's W range. It got nerfed for reasons unexplained.
  • Zed's Q is extremely easy to juke. It needs to not be that easy to juke. Increase the width of the detection hitbox, or increase the speed.

()()()EDIT()()()

I made this post with the point of "Oh, this guy who is a million times better than me is also having trouble using Zed's Q like a lot of other players playing this champion, maybe Riot will see this as well and do something about it?"

GhostStalker

12-26-2012

+1, No reason you should be downvoted.

*****EDIT to be more informative*****

• E has an abysmally small AOE range.

Fun Zed fact. Did you know Zed's E Actually had the same exact range as Katarina's W? Yet it was nerfed? Pretty absurd considering Katarina's W actually has more damage potential and costs no resources. The current version of Shadow Slash can barely be used with his shadow because the radius on each ability is so abysmal, that you'd have to place your shadows in such terrible spots to even make use of it.

The range is THAT bad.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Totally agreed, ESPECIALLY about his Q speed.

I don't know if it's related to the speed but it also seems thinner than it looks.

I had a Tryndamere with his ult down and like 30 hp outrun my shuriken with his spin, and Leona with Shurelya's. That's just sad. Please buff Zed.

And for God's sake give him a LITTLE BIT more damage! Put some frontloaded on his ult at least. Three murderous, death-hungry shadows are coming at you, trying to destroy you, and.....all you get is a 3 second debuff that can be cleansed (without taking damage) with QSS.

I mean really? Disallow the front loaded damage from being counted inside the ult's detonation, but please, he just needs that damage.

Heirpresumptiv

12-26-2012

the q is literally the only part of zed i hate, its just so slow and thin. its like trying to hit the enemy with a pin traveling on snails.

smilefase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

He just needs numbers tweaks. Increase damage for his spells and make his energy refund better and he'll be really good.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-26-2012

How about after ulting, you get a percentage speed boost that decays, but the speed boost gets stronger and stronger the more damage you do to the ulted target?

If you REALLY want to get high risk high reward high skill cap, then make it so if you don't do damage, the speed boost decays to even below Zed's original speed.

If one thing's for sure, right now he is high risk, high skill, low reward.

GhostStalker

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heirpresumptiv View Post
the q is literally the only part of zed i hate, its just so slow and thin. its like trying to hit the enemy with a pin traveling on snails.
Pretty much. I hate this spell right now. And hitting someone with it is really underwelming too. It's like "okay, I hit an opponent with a basic spell that should probably of dealt more damage due to how hard the damn thing is to hit with.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostStalker86 View Post
Pretty much. I hate this spell right now. And hitting someone with it is really underwelming too. It's like "okay, I hit an opponent with a basic spell that should probably of dealt more damage due to how hard the damn thing is to hit with.
And another thing.

Why do you get less rewards for being skillful enough to land both of your Q's?

Damage is cut down by 50% on second Shuriken...why?

Is it to stop pro Zed players from stomping?

But isn't being able to stomp the POINT of being PRO??? This is only one of the reasons why Zed is high risk LOW REWARD. Don't even get me started on why you only get a stronger slow instead of more damage if an enemy is stupid enough to be not only next to you, but your shadow as well. Sigh.

GhostStalker

12-26-2012

Riot was too careful with Zed. He didn't get the small things he needed to be a great pick. He's a pretty awesome champion aesthetically, props to the art team for making it happen. But now it's time to balance Zed appropriately.

Stop holding back.