@Riot Executions in ARAM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihaveapotion

12-23-2012

suiciding is imperative, its a strategy and you need to time it right, you cant get back hp/mana/buy items otherwise and trust me ive gone 0 deaths for 30 mins alot of times so i know how it feels to have no damage

DarkSniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
The ones that bothered me the most were probably with TF or Panth would user their ults to die to nexus turrets or the fountain. I still think that's a bit of a cheap move. It's one thing to deny to a tower after winning a big fight, or even managing to get the deny in while the team is still under their tower. But using those ults to do it on a whim is kinda annoying.

But on PG, I really don't mind it near as much. Heck, I've seen it backfire for people before, where too many of them deny after a fight, and the other team gets up and gets to push down a free turret for it. So you have to actually plan out how many you can afford to lose for how long or else you could be in trouble.
Both these points I feel are really relevant. I totally agree that it feels weird to intentionally die, but I find it to be one of the unique ways PG sets itself apart from other modes. MANY times knowing when to die is equally as important as surviving. Scumbag tf/panth/shaco is ****ty for sure, but its worth it for the added gameplay.

FDru

12-23-2012

It sucks to get aced and then "lose even harder" but face it, if you can't keep someone alive to pick up free kills from suiciders then that is entirely your/your team's fault. I think the mechanic is fine and does not hurt the game mode, and I feel the same way about backdooring (which gets me lots of hate when I do it with Twitch, but seriously.. oracles are cheap and overpowered, use them).

AndromedaCat

12-23-2012

I actually really like the strategic mechanic of suiciding so that you can go purchase items. It's generally not easy to do, and in the situations when it is easy (i.e. your team just got the ace) you still have to think about it strategically because if your whole team suicides themselves or too many people, then you're giving the enemy team a good chance to push while you all respawn.

Beravin

12-23-2012

I'm fine with the mechanic and use it quite often. I mean, when you ace the enemy team, you give them access to the shop and allow them to come back even stronger. A tower suicide (or a few) just maintains the advantage you gained by winning the fight in the first place. The team that won the fight should be the stronger team, that is how this game works.

One of the reasons a team can get stronger and push is through suicides. Think about it, if no one suicides, you will end up with a constant back and forth. Win a team fight, now you have low health and less items, and lose to the other team. Now the other team has less items and low health, and will then lose to balance it out. Rinse and repeat.

It adds another element to the game. Think what you want, but I'm much more enthusiastic about a tower suicide, as opposed to waiting around on 200 health to get killed. No one likes being useless.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
I'm fine with the mechanic and use it quite often. I mean, when you ace the enemy team, you give them access to the shop and allow them to come back even stronger. A tower suicide (or a few) just maintains the advantage you gained by winning the fight in the first place. The team that won the fight should be the stronger team, that is how this game works.

One of the reasons a team can get stronger and push is through suicides. Think about it, if no one suicides, you will end up with a constant back and forth. Win a team fight, now you have low health and less items, and lose to the other team. Now the other team has less items and low health, and will then lose to balance it out. Rinse and repeat.

It adds another element to the game. Think what you want, but I'm much more enthusiastic about a tower suicide, as opposed to waiting around on 200 health to get killed. No one likes being useless.
Ya, I can see why you would suicide. No one debates that it's advantageous to the suiciding team. That isn't really the point of the thread.

I just think it's kind of a dumb mechanic to have in the game as it stands. You're already rewarded for killing opponents by being ahead. You shouldn't need an extra reward especially something as cheesy at jumping into a tower.

sdjaks

12-24-2012

It's part of the strategy of the map. I don't really see the harm in it. But if they want to change it, they could just increase the "tag" time from 10 seconds to around 15 so it's harder to suicide.

Tritotamar

12-24-2012

I have no problem with it at all.

I don't understand the argument that it's somehow a bad way to play.

2pudge1cup

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritotamar View Post
I have no problem with it at all.

I don't understand the argument that it's somehow a bad way to play.
because real men fight to the death

AndromedaCat

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pudge1cup View Post
because real men fight to the death

You're definitely not the only one who thinks that. Had someone call us "scumbags" once for suiciding in ARAM. I do think it's the minority opinion though, and that most people accept suiciding as part of the strategy of the game mode.