[Player Concept:] Damyia - The Living Scrap Golem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AForgotten Angel

12-21-2012

Reworking the Passive and the way it work with abilities would be probably best and making the Positive and Negative Charge system go away and just apply a Charged debuff instead, remove the ranged interaction and keep the True damage interaction and reduce the length to 4 seconds like I figure.

And I was thinking AP Carry. Focus on being able to control Minions most effectively and press forward while being a Team fight player with her CC potential. She be a very positional based champ over all where she is in the fight and how her charges are applied.

And Honestly this is all just good fun and my hope that The Riot Daimya might see it as I have heard from her stream she always wanted some one to make a champ and that is part why she used what name she did as it sounds like a Champs name.

Dzanio

12-22-2012

The single charge sounds great, honestly; having multiple ones just added too many interaction possibilities, I for one didn't feel up to the challenge of making them, much less balancing them.

I'll keep in mind that this is supposed to be a carry for future comments. My general stance on APCs is high burst, high Utility (zoning), and short duration clutch cc for positioning/kills.

AForgotten Angel

12-23-2012

Quote:
Passive: Magnetic Forces

Damiya's core creates a magnetic charge on enemies affected by Damiya's spells or autoattacks. Those struck again by a spell or auto-attack gain a charge, applying an effect based on ability used. If removed by an auto attack they are dealt a burst of true damage.
------^
Applies a debuff which places a magnet symbol above their heads for 4 seconds or until removed through abilities or auto attacks again. The true damage applied by a debuff being removed from an auto attack start at 6 and increase by 2 every level to reach a cap of 42 true damage. The true damage component has a 4 second cooldown preventing it from applying to the same target twice in that time, however abilities still are able to remove a charge applied in that time.

Still wondering if I should have some interaction with charges clustered together, since magnets in range of each other have interacts in real life and I wonder it should be the theme should carry that far.

Quote:
Q: Scrap Slinging
Damiya slings a piece of her scrap body in a straight line hitting all enemy units within the line dealing magic damage and applying a charge. If those struck already have a charge they are rooted for a moment and dealt an additional burst of damage when released.

------^
A Skill shot with a 675 range that would launch a random piece of scrap metal from Damiya's body dealing 60/90/120/150/180 Magical damage plus 60% AP with a 10% damage reduction per target hit (minimum 40%) . When striking any foes in the skill shot line that are debuffed by her Passive they are rooted for a .15, .30 .45, 1, 1.15 second per rank and dealt an additional 30/50/70/90/110 Magical damage plus 25% AP. 9 second cool down for all ranks
This should be better if 80% was to much 60% should be perfect and reduced the AP% of the debuffed effect.

Dzanio

12-23-2012

Yes, the passive needs something AoE to make it comparable to other damage based passives (i.e. Ori's). Well, lets see, if we make the passive so that the AoE affects all enemies, then if we use an AoE on a minion wave + enemy, then trigger the passive with another AoE, the ability will be completely overpowered. Simultaneously however I think the true damage helps farming, so I don’t really want to lose it on minions.
Solution: Marked enemy Champions w/in 400 units of each other are affected by the strong magnetic interactions between their two marks.
Now there are a number of ways you could take the ability from here; it could be straight damage output based upon the number of enemies w/in the AoEs, or chained AoEs, or it could have a cc effect sort of like Kennen’s passive. Since the rest of the kit has a lot of cc, lets go w/ damage.
A straight damage granting passive would be ori’s, it does 10/18/26/34/42/50 +15/35/55% Ap scaling per auto attack. An AoE should do less single target damage than this per rank for 2 champions hit (since single target is something else), do equivalent damage at 2-3 champions hit, and better damage for 4-5.
Your AoE passive ability can proc (w/o cdr) at most once every 12 seconds. Ori’s base attack speed starts at .658, and ends at 1.07 w/ no AS items/buffs. Lets average this to be about .8 attacks/second. Lets say that she can’t attack uninterrupted the entire time, so she gets 4 attacks off, then the stacks on her passive degrade, she stacks the attacks again, and so forth. Her first round of attacks takes 3.2 seconds, say there is a 4.8 second pause, her second round of attacks takes 3.2 seconds, and say there’s another attack at max damage thrown in randomly in there so the total time is 12 seconds. Total base damage is 90/180/270/360/450 + 3.75 AP scaling. Balanced base damage should be about a 25%-33% of this amount, so the effect should do between 15/45/68/90/113 and 30/60/90/120/150 + .9 scaling.
Well, this balancing assumes you only use your abilities to apply the charges; considering you could also auto attack to stack charges these values should probably be reduced a bit. The damage from Ori is probably a bit of an overestimation as well, so I’d tend to scale these values down. Maybe .5 AP scaling, and 20/40/60/80/100 damage.

Dzanio

12-23-2012

Might also reduce the AoE size for chaining people together from the above suggestion.

AForgotten Angel

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
Yes, the passive needs something AoE to make it comparable to other damage based passives (i.e. Ori's). Well, lets see, if we make the passive so that the AoE affects all enemies, then if we use an AoE on a minion wave + enemy, then trigger the passive with another AoE, the ability will be completely overpowered. Simultaneously however I think the true damage helps farming, so I don’t really want to lose it on minions.

Solution: Marked enemy Champions w/in 400 units of each other are affected by the strong magnetic interactions between their two marks.
Now there are a number of ways you could take the ability from here; it could be straight damage output based upon the number of enemies w/in the AoEs, or chained AoEs, or it could have a cc effect sort of like Kennen’s passive. Since the rest of the kit has a lot of cc, lets go w/ damage.

A straight damage granting passive would be ori’s, it does 10/18/26/34/42/50 +15/35/55% Ap scaling per auto attack. An AoE should do less single target damage than this per rank for 2 champions hit (since single target is something else), do equivalent damage at 2-3 champions hit, and better damage for 4-5.

Your AoE passive ability can proc (w/o cdr) at most once every 12 seconds. Ori’s base attack speed starts at .658, and ends at 1.07 w/ no AS items/buffs. Lets average this to be about .8 attacks/second. Lets say that she can’t attack uninterrupted the entire time, so she gets 4 attacks off, then the stacks on her passive degrade, she stacks the attacks again, and so forth.

Her first round of attacks takes 3.2 seconds, say there is a 4.8 second pause, her second round of attacks takes 3.2 seconds, and say there’s another attack at max damage thrown in randomly in there so the total time is 12 seconds. Total base damage is 90/180/270/360/450 + 3.75 AP scaling. Balanced base damage should be about a 25%-33% of this amount, so the effect should do between 15/45/68/90/113 and 30/60/90/120/150 + .9 scaling.

Well, this balancing assumes you only use your abilities to apply the charges; considering you could also auto attack to stack charges these values should probably be reduced a bit. The damage from Ori is probably a bit of an overestimation as well, so I’d tend to scale these values down. Maybe .5 AP scaling, and 20/40/60/80/100 damage.
spaced it out so I can read lol

So wait basically your thinking it should be an AoE based on damage around how many are in the zone together?

Dzanio

12-24-2012

My initial thought was something along the lines of your old passive, but w/ a clearer explanation. I like your interpretation of what I wrote better however. So heres a rewording along those lines:

Enemies hit by an ability or auto attack from Damyia are magnetically polarized. When polarized targets are caught in another of Damiya's abilities or auto attacks they are explosively depolarized taking 30 + .2 AP (need to come up w/ a scaling for this) magic damage. Depolarization damage increases by 100% for each nearby polarized champion (say 350 units to pick an arbitrary number). Additionally, depolarizing one enemy champion causes other nearby polarized champions (same distance) to explosively depolarize.

Took the numbers basically from my previous balance attempt; hopefully the damage would be balanced; it does less dps single target than say ori's passive, but it does much better burst, and is a pretty big AoE. I think it would work well for AoE comps, particularly if you had a galio/ammumu/morg/kennen, although the combination of pushes and pulls in the champion's arsenal means that w/ proper play it should work well anyway.

Elf Elix

12-24-2012

After briefly skimming, I'm going to put it out there. It looks like you just combined Tristana and Oriana

Dzanio

12-24-2012

Not seeing the trist; his e reminds me a bit of grag ult, the w of some weird combination of cc abilities, the ult similar to ori.

AForgotten Angel

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzanio View Post
My initial thought was something along the lines of your old passive, but w/ a clearer explanation. I like your interpretation of what I wrote better however. So heres a rewording along those lines:
Quote:
Enemies hit by an ability or auto attack from Damyia are magnetically polarized. When polarized targets are caught in another of Damiya's abilities or auto attacks they are explosively depolarized taking 30 + .2 AP (need to come up w/ a scaling for this) magic damage. Depolarization damage increases by 100% for each nearby polarized champion (say 350 units to pick an arbitrary number). Additionally, depolarizing one enemy champion causes other nearby polarized champions (same distance) to explosively depolarize.
Took the numbers basically from my previous balance attempt; hopefully the damage would be balanced; it does less dps single target than say ori's passive, but it does much better burst, and is a pretty big AoE. I think it would work well for AoE comps, particularly if you had a galio/ammumu/morg/kennen, although the combination of pushes and pulls in the champion's arsenal means that w/ proper play it should work well anyway.
Hmm This is an interesting Idea... I will figure it out after the holidays