Players who are too into League.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I am Icarus

12-24-2012

When I mean "Too into" I mean your average players who only follows the crowd type.

Well I stated this back before, many times actually but I am keeping strong to not do literally anything stupid.

Summoners, I hope at least a handful of people know that if you're playing unranked matches.... Just tag along the other summoners as well, this is meant to be a fun game with lots of content stored for us and not stress/ be too reluctant on "Meta" that you actually would start or even try to:
A) intentionally feed
B) Leave matches
C) Just stand at the fountain

Sadly, a lot of people are too use to the "Meta" mindset that it's actually becoming part of the game. I mean bare-bone hard where the "Gosh, another troll player" or "GG you're going to throw the game for us" kicks out past their lips.

I understand that it helps and makes players feel comfortable but again... Its an unranked game, meaning, enjoy whoever you play as since you're not being forced to play those certain characters and can't be put into the peer pressure of a game. There's 3 lanes and 109 champions and more to come so, enjoy them and don't be afraid to lose time to time because their's nothing in the Summoners code where it states that players are forced upon an unofficial rule, and only certain amount of these roles are specified.

I love the game, so keep it how it should be. Fun, entertaining, and a thrill.

What do you think of the "meta" players vs the casual summoners?

Cackmuffin

12-24-2012

I agree, i play some ranked here and there, and when i do, i try to be the most efficient as can be. In unranked, i still want to win of course, but departing from the meta can work surprisingly well, if your team is into it. Lately my buddies and i have been trying out a 3 bot tactic, where we push to the inner towers before starting to roam. Its a dumb idea, sure, but we've won plenty of normal games because of it (and its fun as hell). Anyways, the few times weve lost were because mid and top think were "throwing the game" and just leave/afk. Ive grown to hate it so much that when I'm doing blind pick solo, I usually adhere to whatever 'troll' tactics my other teammates want to try out. Playing the same meta over and over can get infuriating

ChiSqrd

12-24-2012

I like to have fun when playing this game. Having fun for me means winning. Winning means playing the meta.

Cackmuffin

12-24-2012

You don't have to meta to win in normals, not by a long shot. There are just as many tards on the other team as there are on yours.

I'm not saying meta is a bad thing, i'm just saying when people give up because you dont stick to it 100% every game is a pain.

I am Icarus

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLimon View Post
I agree, i play some ranked here and there, and when i do, i try to be the most efficient as can be. In unranked, i still want to win of course, but departing from the meta can work surprisingly well, if your team is into it. Lately my buddies and i have been trying out a 3 bot tactic, where we push to the inner towers before starting to roam. Its a dumb idea, sure, but we've won plenty of normal games because of it (and its fun as hell). Anyways, the few times weve lost were because mid and top think were "throwing the game" and just leave/afk. Ive grown to hate it so much that when I'm doing blind pick solo, I usually adhere to whatever 'troll' tactics my other teammates want to try out. Playing the same meta over and over can get infuriating

And that's something I do not like to see, repetition in the "meta". Again, once people start to find new tactics in, the whole crowd of them will follow up to that tactic. I've seen in ranked matches where there are two jungles in one team, 1 doing your regular jungling and the other counter jungling, preventing their jungle to get levels/CS/and helping to gank for their team.

Once you automatically play the "meta" game, the other team both knows what you're going to build, what that champion tactics are, how fast they can do things, and how to counter. If you can only imagine switching everything up for the other players, you are 90% bound to win a match because they are both unaware and does not understand the situation.

I absolutely love confusing and making the other team wonder what's going on and how to assess the situation to the point where your team starts to snowball and their team wonders off aimlessly trying to see what's going on.

Again, the creativity of doing new things are so much in the Rift that people are not realizing.

Worshipmeh

12-24-2012

I don't even know what meta is.

Cackmuffin

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATMONKEYsnap View Post
I don't even know what meta is.
dont worry, its a tryhard sorta thing

I am Icarus

12-24-2012

glad you asked. "Meta is a word that refers to the philosophical level above the subject itself. The "metagame" is pretty much "the game of playing the game." It's a collection of strategies that are accepted as strong ways of playing the game.

The game itself is simply "destroy the nexus," and any way you can accomplish that will win you the game. The metagame is "what is the best way to destroy the nexus," and if the answer to that can be found, then theoretically, you can never be beaten by an alternate strategy." -KruxisV

Which again is an unofficial rule made by the player base community. I'll throw this example out

Quickscoping (I know but ehh something everyone knows right?) an FPS term using Snipers only for when you hold the aim button down half a second into your scope before killing/shooting someone. Its a meta on lots of FPS's and such, its not a real game mode or game type. Hold down the aim too long and you're "hard scoping" and all these other rules which falls behind it. It's an unofficial rule again made by players.

Again its not bad but seeing it too much, is like watching the same episode of your favorite show everyday. You eventually get bored and tired of it. And to add note, the players forces you to keep to a certain term so you're falling under peer pressure. Making you not enjoying the match you're into unless you get what you want.

Elefes

12-24-2012

Well, imagine I want to practice some matchups at top. Start a game - no jungler. Leave? Next game instalock top. Again. After two bans you finally get to play solo top. You see in loading screen that you're up against duo top. :(

I don't say it's always important, but sometimes you want to try certain things and not just have fun.

I am Icarus

12-24-2012

Yes, that does happen a lot why? well there's two sides of a coin. While you want to do something different, other people/summoners will either play different, or to what they're use to. Or even forced on to playing that "role". While you may be the victim of 1v2ing top, you have a turret, you also have a jungle, turrets are the flame thrower to your arsenal and the jungle is that extra pack of punch you need to dominate your lane, or even if you are the 2 laners, you can either stay on the lane pushing, free roaming around, being a personal ward, the poker and so forth.

There sometimes are consequences on the Meta game to where you are the solo top and all of a sudden there are 3 people top lane, What do you do then? call the other lane to help, and that leads the other 2 lane of yours gone for the taken. Things like these does happen, weather it be solo top, duo top or even an all squad rush.

It's always the keep to mind type of things that not everyone think the same, not everyone plays the same and really confusing things happens time to time. League is suppose to be fun and not a democracy. (not punning the main concept of league)