Is ELO Hell P*ssing You Off?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SweeneyTodd69

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legorm View Post
Just finished a game, I was Katarina mid. On the other team, there was Talon. I could say there was Talon and Shaco mid, really. Shaco was babysitting mid because I was hard pushing for 2 times. So I stopped pushing, yknow. The other times, they just went trought the turret and didn't bother at all about the turret. And the fun began ! The jungler and top started *****ing about me feeding and all. Shaco comes again, hit me, I run away. I stayed near the turret for farming. He went in our jungle and flashed invisible again for the third time in the same minute. Like he has no cooldown.. x_x Of course, I died. Again.

My jungler was still on my case (hard) about me feeding.. What could I had done? I have to say that our jungler never did help mid. Never ganked either. He was just b**tching and doing basicly nothing. But the game was still going on. Talon started roaming, shaco was doing his jungle job.. And we lose cause everyone of their team is fed. I was so pissed off..
Yes I just played a game myself where my bot lane could not seem to understand the idea of last hitting or warding. Xin had a field day on bot getting 7 kills. I counterganked but our Ez failed to hit his skillshots. Instead of trolling my bot lane I asked mid to give bot some ganks and even though we still lost the match it was made much closer until our Leona rage quit when the surrender vote didnt go her way at the 20 minute mark. Playing 4 v 5 we closed the kill gap which was 14 to 8 by the end of the game.

I understand the frustration and honestly my bot lane was blaming me the jungler. Instead of raging back I asked them what they would like me to do to fix the problem. There reply was gank more. I explained to them where the wards were for the enemy team and when they had been placed. I then asked them 2 buy pink wards and ward clear and they did that twice and we made **** happen. I find the best solution when teammates are raging is to ask them what they would like you to change. Many times they will just rage more and then you just mute them before their negative attitude further impacts your game. Also many times when they dont have a viable suggestion you can insert what you need them to do better. We all have junglers that ignore lanes, dont gank, farm to much, or just gank poorly. You just have to focus on what you can do to make things happen.

The fact of the matter is we could not have won that game 4 v 5 but 5 v 5 we had 2 team fights that we won because of catching them separated and we kept a tight lock down on dragon and got all 5 dragons. I played the match all the way through because I was going to lose the ELO anyways (so might as well gain the experience of fighting an enemy from the losing side) and you never know when someones computer will randomly shutdown or a storm will take out their power causing a 4 v 4 or 4 v 5 in your favor. I know it is frustrating but like I mention above you are not going to win all of your matches and once you get over that you will win more games. Some teams will just not be able to win (due to a lack of teamwork) but unless it is 4 v 5 or a person is intentionally feeding the game outcome will never fall on one persons shoulders.

I hope this helps. Dont get down just keep focusing on your game play and where you can improve.

Shadow Wolf 47

12-24-2012

So, if nobody mains mid or top....you're gonna have a crappy mid/ top. Maybe not terribad 0/1444 @ 15 minutes bad, but not as good as if somebody mained that role. I main top, so I might be a tad bit biased. I don't know about you, but I would want whoever was best @ a role in that lane.
Just my 3 1/2 cents

slickshoez

12-24-2012

Sweeney,

Great post man. I'm in the same boat/elo bracket as you; I also find all those things you stated frustrating as well.

A new tactic I think that would be effective, is to gauge your team members maturity level. More often than not, I find the more mature/well tempered players I have on my team, the more likely we are to cooperate and work more cohesively. I've been noticing that it's pretty easy to spot a younglin'(not that they're all bad) who will have a hard time cooperating and tend to bring less to the team aspect of the game. It's real easy to play the blame game, and rage on players who make mistakes. I find if we own our mistakes and take corrective action, teams are more forgiving. I think it's important to assure your team that you can always come back from a bad start or a couple bad team fights. You point out a lot of those important factors in your post.

Again, thanks for the post.

Good luck.

I play on a low ranked 5's team and we like sending good forum posts to give us a foundation before we start playing matches, and this will be one of them.

SweeneyTodd69

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 47 View Post
So, if nobody mains mid or top....you're gonna have a crappy mid/ top. Maybe not terribad 0/1444 @ 15 minutes bad, but not as good as if somebody mained that role. I main top, so I might be a tad bit biased. I don't know about you, but I would want whoever was best @ a role in that lane.
Just my 3 1/2 cents
I agree but right now I was more commenting more about which roles are most typically called currently. My goal of the guide is to avoid inteam fight right off the get go. I personally think you need to be able to play EVERY role at least decently if you want to win. I just find myself frequently in the 4th or 5th slot and it is rare that those slots get top or mid. Remember to use the trade feature though if you are an early pick and want mid or top lane. Communication is the key! Thanks for the comment. I hope you found the guide useful!

-SweeneyTodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoez View Post
Sweeney,

Great post man. I'm in the same boat/elo bracket as you; I also find all those things you stated frustrating as well.

A new tactic I think that would be effective, is to gauge your team members maturity level. More often than not, I find the more mature/well tempered players I have on my team, the more likely we are to cooperate and work more cohesively. I've been noticing that it's pretty easy to spot a younglin'(not that they're all bad) who will have a hard time cooperating and tend to bring less to the team aspect of the game. It's real easy to play the blame game, and rage on players who make mistakes. I find if we own our mistakes and take corrective action, teams are more forgiving. I think it's important to assure your team that you can always come back from a bad start or a couple bad team fights. You point out a lot of those important factors in your post.

Again, thanks for the post.

Good luck.

I play on a low ranked 5's team and we like sending good forum posts to give us a foundation before we start playing matches, and this will be one of them.
slickshoez,
I am so glad you found this post useful. Thank you so much for reading it! I also play for a low ranked team call Himawari and we would love to scrim you guys sometime if you want! Just add me ingame if you would like. Have a good one and good luck with solo Q and your team.

-SweeneyTodd

yoshi guy

12-25-2012

Elo hell doesn't exist. It has been explained and disproven multiple times. Stop trying to justify why you belong at an elo you can't get to.

Poppie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

tl; biari

(but i actually read it)

SweeneyTodd69

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi guy View Post
Elo hell doesn't exist. It has been explained and disproven multiple times. Stop trying to justify why you belong at an elo you can't get to.
Look bud, I am not here to debate the merits of if ELO Hell exists. I simply was looking to educate people on how to improve their game play and give some basic tips. No where in this whole article do I claim my elo is a product of anyone else's game play but my own. You would know that if you had read the article which you clearly did not. Thanks for not reading and commenting in bliss ignorance.

-Sweeney

Brycerras

12-25-2012

Problem is a few things. If you get someone who isnt that decent at their lane and end up FEEDING 7 or 8 kills in the first 15 minutes, recovering is pretty hard, especially the lower your ELO gets. The truth is this, one person can royally **** the game. JUST ONE, and at lower ELOs its not to hard to be taht one person. It can be anything from horribly losing your lane by making extremely poor choices (and being overzealous to play safe when losing), not properly performing your role (being a jungler and sticking to top and mid lane, while neglecting bottom lane where the enemy team is raping), AFK/DC (which has been happening a lot lately in all teh games Ive been playing), so on so forth. This is compounded by a psychological factor that you are playing with strangers, and will likely play more conservatively, making good engages harder.

The system itself doesnt lend help either, considering that from what I understand the match up bases you on a 50% overall win chance. Meaning youve got a 50% chance or so (when matched) to win against the opposing team, but 50% is a chance of odds. You can technically lose 400 games straight, and then win 400 and its still a 50% average. Though thats hard to do, its still possible.

ELO hell does exist, its just an area of elo where playres are less experianced and make poorer choices, increasing the likely hood of failure on a team whole.

littlerhino

12-25-2012

okay in ranked this is how i climb out of elo hell i use to be at 400 elo (my brother played on my account then went all downhill) if you are first pick... ban teemo because it seems like everyone in elo hell wants to play him and he is useless and i have yet to play with a good teemo. always take jungle if u can and be lee sin or nocturne u can carry a team hard with the both of them in jungle

Sanosukezu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

read this, agreed on everything except some minor things.

i main jungle, not too many ppl do that at solo q, they rather go mid and top, im also good at those roles, specially mid, since i love to play roaming champs like eve, akali, katarina and talon. Mid is clearly impossible to get, no matter how many times i've asked for it, its always the same answer "i pick before you so **** off" or something along those lines...so it begins.

but i love jungling, because i feel i can support my team by warding a lot, preventing ganks and creating snowball oportunities. The problem is when ur team has no knowledge of last hitting, or maybe warding, or may be playing defensive when ur lane opponent has 2 kills above you, and clearly dominating.

I then start to feel that u cant carry enough from jungle, everyone wants a gank all the time, but no one, or hardly 40% of them know how to gank as a jungler who has to avoid being detected. It sucks, u have to be the one who buys pink/oracles, and then go on defensive mode so you dont lose ur gold, u cant go diving like a maniac, ppl start calling u noob, dont ever jungle again and those things, which at first u say **** it, but then after 15 min of raging at you for no reason, you lose it, its hard not to, but you do, and then teamwork goes to hell.

the main problem in low elo, or elo hell as ppl call it, is that there is a mentallity that YOU have to be the one doing everything for the team, YOU must carry those 4 dumb players you have. But chances are, that with that attitude, ppl wont listen to you, since, who made you their boss? and also, there might be more chances by leading, yet, not being a ****** yelling orders at them.

But again, there's so many ****ty ppl you actually end up forgetting about your elo, and start playing arams all day