My main issue with Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endrid

12-23-2012

nicely put and agree x100

Nabrik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Now I'm not disagreeing with you or anything but your stating what's wrong, I'm still confused about the first point how exactly is that possible to get rid out without just straight out banning the champions?, but your not saying how this can be fixed, yes you said create a ranked mode but will that solve anything? I love dominion don't get me wrong but at this point I don't feel its ready for a ranked mode until the glaring issues are taken care of like the dominance of these top tier champions, the unbalanced matchmaking and lack of proper items. When these issues are solved I say go all for it, get Dominion out there and lets have a competitive scene for Dominion outside DD, as great as it is its just not helpful for the casual players, those who haven't joined a team due to not enough time or havent found one thats open, to still play Dominion competitively. Item wise I feel Dominion needs items that are specifically FOR Dominion kind of like TT now has. Look at TT's item, Blade of the ruined king, its made specifically to battle tanks and to try to stop them from being completely out there in power in TT. Now while tanks aren't as big of an issue in dominion I still feel Dominion should have more items specifcally made for Dominions fast paced gameplay. I mean look at mages, its hard to play them due to the fact you need CDR but there's so little CDR and not all mesh up with your champ making it even harder to find more, this is how I feel at least.

So to shorten it down because even I feel I got off track, you should state some concrete changes outside of ranked that can be made to make Dominion better what I feel needs to be done is stated above.

ViolentlyCar

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabrik View Post
So to shorten it down because even I feel I got off track, you should state some concrete changes outside of ranked that can be made to make Dominion better what I feel needs to be done is stated above.
There are obviously gameplay-specific issues with Dominion, but TT is considered a beta map and it still has ranked play. Getting ranked into Dominion is less about creating "integrous competition" but more about getting fair matches within the game mode we have now.

Nabrik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentlyCar View Post
There are obviously gameplay-specific issues with Dominion, but TT is considered a beta map and it still has ranked play. Getting ranked into Dominion is less about creating "integrous competition" but more about getting fair matches within the game mode we have now.
Ok I can see your point but how would ranked play really help out besides banning a handful of the top tier champions?

ViolentlyCar

12-23-2012

It would give people greater motivation to play (by providing a ladder, which we used to have with unranked Elo but Riot removed it), it would prevent premades from stomping solos, and it would, indeed, help take care of the worst imbalances in the game.

Nabrik

12-23-2012

Quote:
It would give people greater motivation to play (by providing a ladder, which we used to have with unranked Elo but Riot removed it), it would prevent premades from stomping solos, and it would, indeed, help take care of the worst imbalances in the game.
I'll agree with your first point, Ranked would give more people motivation to play but it wouldn't stop premades from stomping solo's. No matter how you look at it, if two teams of equal skill are faced off against each other and one's a premade the premade will have the advantage. Premades will have the advantage with easier communication and more trust in the others skills, ranked won't change that because their will be premade teams climbing the ladder to higher elo or premades at the high elo just like there is on SR.

ViolentlyCar

12-23-2012

You can only do two-man premades in ranked play.

Nabrik

12-23-2012

Quote:
You can only do two-man premades in ranked play.
Kk my bad but wouldnt the team with these premades still hold a huge advantage?

Warlord Buwberry

12-23-2012

As much as agree with most of what you say, I do not agree that dominion balance is so far out anymore. To me the only "Real" op's left are Kassadin, Khazik, Teemo, Jayce, and maybe Jax. That's not really that many op's left and even they have counters. I've heard that casters arn't performing as well from some people and all i have to say to that is BULLLLLLL SHIIITTTTT. I play 3/4 the casters in this game and i **** on bruisers all day. It's probably skill wise more riot's fault.

It's not good to show Riot panic, that this mode is woe and has too many op's and is unbalanced, because then they'll never give us ranked. We went from having a lot of op's 1 month ago, to a much more condensed list as of today. I agree that ranked will solve our premade problems in a solo queue environment. Will solve the lack of taking it not serious in dom games for all elo's. Mid-High elo, is really competetive and have never seen an afk/rage quit in some time.

Like to me All classes are now viable. Every single one of them, including the harder to play ranged ad's. Ranged ad's have always needed a babysitter to make them viable in any mode, as they cannot 1v1 very well without great positioning and skill.

Ranged Ad- Viable- needs babysitter or good kiting/positioning skills(Aka not noob friendly)

Ranged Ap- Like i said before, these guys nuke the **** out people and are completely viable. Anyone that thinks otherwise is doing it wayyyyy wrong, cause it not that hard to play a caster these days. If you think i'm wrong, just watch any DD game where i played a caster and either contributed well to the team or dominated.

Bruisers- Obs Viable as they are the easiest for new players to play.

Tanks- Viable, and no longer have an op in their ranks

Ranged Ap Bruisers- Most are viable with the exception of woe vlad. All you need is 9-21 and some good defenses/ap to bruise/tank for your team

Ad casters- All are viable and contribute nicely to the team with their great stuns and burst.

Assassins- Really viable as killing a high priority target is always good in any mode.

So someone plz tell me wtf is so imbalanced about this game mode. Better players will figure out how to rune/mastery/play this game. I think Gnome has made strides in this game to make it balanced and i think the mode is rdy for the ranked test by balance alone.

Foonakie

12-23-2012

I typically use Dominion to try out "troll builds" like AD Elise.

I'll just test the build out over a number of games and tweak it to my liking. This is much harder on SR cause games are longer and there's more investment of time into the game.

Because of Dominion's fast past environment, it allows for people to play UP champs or "troll builds" because the games will be over fast.

This does not mean that I don't try, I'm actually quite serious about winning my games and often try to get people to strategize.