Did Garen get a buff?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Antiquebananfone

12-22-2012

Since season three began, every garen I have played with/faced has had a really strong k/d, such as 12-1 in the game I just played. Is garen really strong in season three, or has my team just sucked?

TheJGWentworth

12-22-2012

sword of the divine/cleaver was a nice facelift for him

Pobbes

12-22-2012

His buff was back toward the end of season 2 when they improved his ratios. The new items for season 3 are just very efficient for him. The new black cleaver should be called the armor blender when Garen buys it. Health, cd reduction, and armor shred on physical damage are made for Garen. The new spirit visage is also excellent for garen packing a large amount of MR with more cooldown reduction.

With his itemization improved, Garen is more formidable opponent at all stages of the game.

Oh yeah, SotD active on Garen's Q or E is rather nasty, and the new Atma's builds out of avarice blade which helps Garen build that gold quicker. His build is just very streamlined right now.

Jesustim

12-23-2012

he benefited from the massive overhaul for AD caster itemization, a few other champions are also reaping these benefits.

Eloquid

12-23-2012

I don't know, I raped with Garen in s2, now I can't do **** with him.

SpyderJ

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
I don't know, I raped with Garen in s2, now I can't do **** with him.
Honestly this. I thought he would feel stronger in s3 with all the new items. However for some reason he just feels clunky and like his burst from s2 isnt even there anymore. Plus he cant even be as much of a tanky monster any more with all the % armor pen items around.

COATESISHERE

12-23-2012

SOTD works with his E?