[Guide]Fiddlesticks - You'll never go negative

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2009

As discussed here:
http://clairvoyance.enjin.com/forums...ewthread/34464

Runes:
Quint~ Speed or Magic Pen
Red~ Magic Pen (Flat. I don't even think you can get /LVL)
Yellow~ HP (I use flat)
Blue~ Mana Regen. (Go for /LVL)

For Masteries...
9 Into Offensive. This is obvious because you want as much magic pen as possible.
21 into Utility
-3 Good Hands
-1 Perseverance
-4 Awareness
-3 Meditation
-3 Quickness
-1 Blink of an Eye
-3 Intelligence
-1 Presence of Master

You will have to put in 1 point in a tier 3 previous talent. Your choices are Spatial Accuracy, Perseverance, Expanded Mind or Greed. You won't be getting very many buffs until level 13+ and you don't take clarity.
You will need another point to get last spell. Choose from Spatial Accuracy, Perseverance, Expanded Mind or Greed again.
Spatial Accuracy (If you use tele as an escape ever, get this. It could save you many, many times. I would take this first)
Perseverance (Up to two more points you can put into this. It's worth about .08mp/5 and even less hp/5. I don't recommend it at all)
Expanded Mind (This will be worth about 25 mana per point. More later in the game. Won't go past 50/point though. You could take it, I guess.)
Greed (Well it's worth about a ward or two. Maybe a consumable end game. If you want to cookie cut it, get spacial and this)

Overall, take any combo of Spacial, Greed and Expanded Mind. I go for the Spacial/Greed because they are things that give me noticeable bonuses.

Now, you are all set. Take Teleport and Flash as your spells. In game, get any degree of starting items you want. Take Doran's and an HP pot if nothing is going to happen and you will lane till six. Take wards and potions if you are dealing with junglers. If you want, try bringing a brilliance and some potions, at level 6 activate the potion and watch heroes you aren't sure will die, die anyways.
After that, get sorcerer's boots. You now have 4 -MR things already. Your passive, the masteries, runes and the new item. Work towards a void staff next. Then abysmal.
Now is when getting items does not become a priority. You now have 6 -MR. I'll give some numbers later when I can get them. It is a rather high amount. If they don't get any magic resist, you will put them below 0.

Now get a brilliance potion and some wards if the enemies are being stealthy. Grab dragon as much as possible and start ganking with your new brilliance potion. When you have a surplus of money, go get... DUN DUN DUN. A SUNFIRE CAPE. Your -MR will help with this and heroes who get no MR will take more than 40DPS. With your ulti you will crack out about 1500 damage.

As for skills, max fear then wind. Get ulti at six and drain last. At 6 make sure to get a kill. Stand in bush and ulti, use flash if needed (NOTE: YOU HAVE TWO FLASHES HERE. YOU WILL ALWAYS BE ABLE TO GET TO A HERO. Fear them when you are there. Silence at end of fear). Congrats, that was an easy kill. Do this all game and you will be golden. You will not be able to push, but win team battles easily. Coordinate your team so they can push. You have to take hold of your team if you want to win and make sure they do what's right.

Landa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2009

With elixir you can solo golem at lvl 1... And why would you buy an elixir and hold on to it till lvl 6? Might as well start building part of your catalyst then Bluepill and buy the elixir if you really want it for a lvl 6 kill. I find ghost better than flash on fiddle. If you jump from the brush or from the other side of the bushes there is no need for an extra flash. Ghost will allow you to chase them without them getting outside the range of crowstorm.

Poruku

11-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landa View Post
With elixir you can solo golem at lvl 1... And why would you buy an elixir and hold on to it till lvl 6? Might as well start building part of your catalyst then Bluepill and buy the elixir if you really want it for a lvl 6 kill. I find ghost better than flash on fiddle. If you jump from the brush or from the other side of the bushes there is no need for an extra flash. Ghost will allow you to chase them without them getting outside the range of crowstorm.
I don't think you even read what I posted.

HeLawlsAtYouSon

11-28-2009

Huh, interesting guide illumanus, but I have different opinions on a couple of your choices.

1) Max fear is good (yay 3 sec disable), but you'll get total harassment in lane. Fear's range is just a bit small, so you'll constantly be pressured by longer reaching spells. This is more of an opinion though. I find dark wind, fear, drain, then max dark wind is preferable. You can ward people away with fear, regain health with drain, and harass with dark wind back, as well as clear creep waves on front of turrets.

2) I know people stack tons of magic resist against casters these days but, going full on magic pen first? I'd think you'd want an ap item then void staff, or at least a solid ap item after void staff to deal mass damage. Sunfire cape looks strange, but I think I might try it out. Can't really see the logic to clear there. Mass aoe? I think I'd prefer survivability based on team build.

Small criticism/opinions. All in all Cool guide.

Bait

11-28-2009

o.O fiddles can solo golem at level 1 without potions or summoner skills. just need right masteries, rune, and starting item.

Poruku

11-29-2009

Generally, you get AP with void staff and you can get more AP if you want with your brill potions.

As for soloing golem, why? Drain is a waste of skill point and you can't do a really efficient gank at 6.

Landa

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumanus View Post
Generally, you get AP with void staff and you can get more AP if you want with your brill potions.

As for soloing golem, why? Drain is a waste of skill point and you can't do a really efficient gank at 6.
Its only 1 point in drain and it will allow you to

- Jungle instead of lane
- Lane with gollem buff -> Spam dark wind -> farm better.

Without drain you wont be able to get a golem buff until lvl 10 or so... Dark Wind lvl 4-5 Clears jungle creeps easily but it wont work against lizard/golem. You can reach lvl 6 faster than a duo lane if you jungle. Which will allow you to gank a lane with 2 lvl 5 people. Granting a double killl unless they both took flash and heal.

Hiro Vitality

11-29-2009

Lol. This is funny. I'd rather not give up my talents and specs for my fiddle, I'd just like to say there are much better ways to play him.

And he should have at least one kill before he gets his ult if you're playing right. When he gets his ult I can get double/triple kills, even the occasional quadra kills and Aces with the full team.

One quick hint though, if you're good, you wont need flash and it's much better replaced with ignite (Until the new patch of course, then I will test Flash/ignite). It's gotten me kills at lvl 3 with cooldown burns, and the often dumb lvl 1 kills for players who venture too far on my side in the beginning. As well, start with Drain first, not wind. It'll keep you alive, and score some kills as it does much more damage than any other combination of attacks, and you can cast ignite on a target while channeling drain without interrupting the channel.

HeLawlsAtYouSon

11-29-2009

I have to say drain is probably fiddles most overrated ability. Sure, you could go all gung ho and try getting kills with it in the beginning, but I find two things usually happen.

1) player moves out of range, and you only get about half a seconds worth, and they start attacking you

2) You are hit with a disable and a champion takes you down fast.

When early laning, the best use of drain usually consists of healing yourself, getting the golem buff, or ganking attacking champs who solo. Otherwise, drain makes you a standing target if your laning against two champs. For the most part, I'll only put a point into drain if I need health during laning.

Ditka

11-29-2009

I have a similar build, getting a void staff and abyss scept is the way to go since he hardly gets **** from ability power.