•AMAZING full-length analysis on why Zed should be buffed•

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-22-2012

buff

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-22-2012

plz buff

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-22-2012

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-22-2012

My Desired Name

12-22-2012

He's slightly on the underpowered side right now, just slightly. But he also takes a lot of skill to play properly. You're gonna need tons of practice with him before you can carry with him.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-22-2012

pls

Tyranous

12-22-2012

Overall I have to say that I am am content with zed currently and that it makes me happy that he didnt come out disgustingly overpowered like rengar. But I have to say that there are 2 things that i dislike. One being that his shadow clones cooldown is alittle to long and Two being that you can no longer increase you energy bar through the masteries..... even though it was a slight amount it saved me more times than i would like to admit having that little extra energy to use.

Bear Monkey

12-22-2012

I think Zed plays pretty well. His early harass is pretty good and he can do great damage. I do however feel that he could use an escape mechanic that is a little more reliable when team fighting in an open area; so maybe increase the range. Other than that, I feel that his damage is ok.

Flayne

12-22-2012

I have played over 40 games with Zed (not ranked), and mostly in rows having good and bad games. These are my final pro/con results from my time and analysis of this champion:

Pros:
- Can harass decently Q and W if said user is good at skill shots
- Can escape ganks easily if W is available
- Can execute Tanky opponents with ease mid-late game thanks to multiplied damage factor
- Quite decent farming ability

Cons:

- Energy costs are far too high, making him vulnerable after a single combo

- Energy regain (related with first point) is very little and very conditional for double Q hit or double E hit.

- Too conditional and difficult to hit double Es only to apply a slightly stronger slow and no extra damage like Q.

- Q hitbox unreasonably tiny/thin.

- Easily countered with normal play logic (any champion). Examples: Waiting for Zed to use his ulti on you and then flash into ally position for a free kill. Running in a straight line (effortlessly) to avoid single or double hit from Q. Never stand next to his shadow incase of ulti + double E combo.

- Ratios are relatively low in comparison to other assassin type champions
- Low movement speed
- Very Squishy
- No sustain
- High CD on abilities
- Heavily reliant on Ulti for damage
- Almost entirely single unit assassin
- Ulti takes too long to deal damage, making it possible to be saved by an incoming ally to heal/shield before timer goes off
- Unreasonably difficult and forceful decision making usage on W, either escape or use for double Q damage or chase after ulti ticks. Results = no decent escape mechanism.

Conclusion:

Zed's kit as it is now is completely contradictory to the role he is supposed to fill and its own functions. Namely his W has too long a CD and promotes high difficulty decision making with high risks and mediocre reward.
Escape, chase or double Q/E.
His Energy costs vs Energy regain are currently the most unbalanced/weak out of all the energy champions by a dramatic scale.
He is far too reliant on his ulti to be of use in any team comp.
He extremely item reliant, with no farm he cannot be of use and therefore if shutdown early game in lane, will not be able to recover late game. This is also why Jungle Zed is very unpopular and hardly seen at least on my account.

The question: Is he worth playing?

My answer: Yes if you want to have fun, no if you dislike high skill cap, high risk and low reward champions.
That is paradoxical;
because to have fun, one either likes to win or at least have fought a hard battle and went down with a great fight.
Experiencing both of these are difficult when playing Zed.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-22-2012