The Codex Metallicus: A guide to Mordekaiser.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corision

09-04-2010

I like how you point out that no one will target someone with a veil.
However, you made yourself look like an idiot by saying that because you recommend Guardian Angel.
What's the use in targeting someone that will just come back to life when we kill them?
Veil > GA on tanks.

aisoku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

nothing wrong with warmogs. you put so much effort through visage and mallet into getting hp, i go:
warmogs
bootage/force of nature
whichever i ddnt already get
wingame.

over 3k hp ish, 150+regen per 5, and i havent finished my rune page yet.
more of a treeline build than SR, but still.

Carados

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisoku View Post
nothing wrong with warmogs.
Yes there is, because it means you fundamentally misunderstand the character you are playing.

Doubly so if you think he's a tank.

aisoku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Yes there is, because it means you fundamentally misunderstand the character you are playing.

Doubly so if you think he's a tank.
realize how much hp this build has anyways with frozen and other things.
I do like and use the idea of getting first item to face other team.
then warmog and force get me the hp and regen this build looks for.

a few notes:
i said it was a treeline build, as in everything that can tank should somewhat,
and 2. morde does his damage fine, he isnt AD, he isnt AP, his abilities do great damage and his ratios suck so they arent efficient to improve.
his base AS isnt lovely, and hes most dangerous when people underestimate siphon;s range, ultis range etc. not melee...

im not being stubborn or trolling, i just really wanna work this out. ive used it, loved it, im quite tanky, but nowhere near ignorable, and for treeline it works amazingly.

Redenbacher

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aisoku View Post
and 2. morde does his damage fine, he isnt AD, he isnt AP, his abilities do great damage and his ratios suck so they arent efficient to improve.
You're absolutely right, he isn't AD or AP. He's MPen and CDR.

Warmog's probably works for you right now, and if it does, more power to you. What will happen though, is that you'll find that you're unkillable - but your teammates are all dead and you're left to push against the enemy team alone. All the enemy has to do against Warmog's builds is put on a Negatron cloak and let you spam away, as you tickle them for laughable amounts of damage, and they make sock puppets out of your teammates.

After they're done with their sock puppet Harry Potter sing-a-long, courtesy of your teammates entrails, they'll knock down your towers, or CC and focus you down... THEN knock down your towers.

What is true, is that spamming spells gives you shield, which even in a single fight, will add up to far more HP than anything Warmog's has to offer. Why not capitalize on that? Items that focus on Armor, MR, CDR, and MPen will make you tanky, AND allow you to dish out preposterous amounts of damage. Then, you and your pet can have your OWN sock puppet sing-a-long, courtesy of the ENEMY team's entrails. Only it won't be Harry Potter... it'll be Death Metal.

All of that said, try it. Ditch the Warmog's, build yourself some utility. Randuin's Omen, Abyssal Scepter, Aegis of the Legion, Rylai's Crystal Scepter/Frozen Mallet, etc. Going for Hybrid defense/offense items makes you a much greater force to be reckoned with, saving both you AND your teammates.

aisoku

10-05-2010

oh. i think at this point its down to team comp.
im not saying i 100% run warmogs, but in non premades where i can initiate safelyish, and in premades where my team rocks lots of ranged types, i can start the fight without dropping like a fly.
randuins is a nice item, i sometimes get it, but ill try getting more mpen and cdr.
anyone have rune suggestions? atm im building seals for hp regen, and i want to keep that, but mpen marks/quints, cdr glyphs?

DKiller92

10-25-2010

I bought Morde today. Ive played 3 games, and so far the stats are:

5/1/10
16/2/5
12/3/5

so its going pretty good! Thanks for the guide

rEv3

10-25-2010

-malady
-force of nature
-frozen mallet
-PD
-thornmail

Redenbacher

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEv3 View Post
-malady
-force of nature
-frozen mallet
-PD
-thornmail
Question:
Why are you building attack speed on Mordekaiser?

Question 2:
Why are you building Dodge (Phantom Dancer) and then putting on Thornmail?

Question 3:
Are you rushing Force of Nature? If yes, why?

Question 4:
Why are you building Crit (Phantom Dancer) with no AD items to actually make crit worthwhile?

rEv3

10-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Question:
Why are you building attack speed on Mordekaiser?

Question 2:
Why are you building Dodge (Phantom Dancer) and then putting on Thornmail?

Question 3:
Are you rushing Force of Nature? If yes, why?

Question 4:
Why are you building Crit (Phantom Dancer) with no AD items to actually make crit worthwhile?
malady adds AP (a small amount)and mpen. attack speed works extremely well on since it lets him put out more dps while he's being protected by his skills (the shield)

for the speed. morde's biggest problem is lack of footspeed.. PD is the last item i build (zeal is the final slot), i didn't put them in build order, ill put that at end of this post.

no, i rush malady, but i start with regrowth pendant as he can use his shield to regen.. and once again it's for movement speed more than anything (and regen while under shield protection)

PD is simply for AS and MS

the actual build order is:

regrowth + health pot

dagger/tome
boots
belt
cloth armor
complete malady
vest/cloak (depending on who you're fighting)
upgrade boots (i usually go swiftness for maximum 'omg i can't run away!!')
complete thornmail
complete force of nature
complete frozen mallet
zeal --> PD

then.. if it goes longer, which it has been but i haven't tested it too much.. i sell malady and buy bloodrazor or trinity force (+ max elixirs)

for summoner spells i was going ignite/ghost, but i realized i dont need ghost (because almost no one can outrun u) so i switched it for cleanse

i guess instead of PD u could upgrade zeal to trinity force but im still testing it so this is just the basic idea: run as fast as possible (so they can't run off with your ult making you waste it), hit people a lot (otherwise you're wasting his Q and E which require you to be upclose), and be semi-tanky (since you DO get focused because you can close in on squishies and tear them down without fear of them kiting you)