Lost ALL hope in this game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awax

12-22-2012

Please guys,

someone lolking me, check my stats, and tell me what i could possibly be doing wrong. I'm currently stuck around 900ish elo and can't for the love of me get out of it.

I've read the forums, watched the videos, studied gameplay, etc. I just find it consistently hard to carry kids who are so low they dont care anymore, Lets face it, unless you've been low elo like this before, then you dont fully understand the trolls we encounter at low elo like this.

I guess I need some more tips, help, a duo partner who could help pull me out, ANYTHING!

Recently I was banned for 3 days for raging bc I spend alot of money on this game and I enjoy playing it but at this point its not even fun anymore bc more than half the time the game isnt legit in the slightest.

Please, someone help me. A loyal person to this game who has had rage issues but can assure you im done with that. Now, i just need guidance,

Please help meeeeeeee O.o

Tribuo

12-22-2012

Play champs that can carry games. Then practice on Normals until you can carry. Profit? No joke, I see a Trundle game on your history. Stahp it. Then narrow down your champ selection to like 5 or so versatile champs and get really good with them.

Awax

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabotage View Post
Play champs that can carry games. Then practice on Normals until you can carry. Profit? No joke, I see a Trundle game on your history. Stahp it. Then narrow down your champ selection to like 5 or so versatile champs and get really good with them.

I have numerous champs who i know very well and am good with at every position. but it honestly doesnt matter. i cant make up for the 4 other people on my team

Tribuo

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAWAX21xX View Post
I have numerous champs who i know very well and am good with at every position. but it honestly doesnt matter. i cant make up for the 4 other people on my team
If you feel comfortable playing 30 champs then you can play 30 champs But usually you won't get all four people in a ranked game that just don't care about winning. Just avoid playing champs that won't carry games if you aren't a top notch player. I've played with tons of people who just say "I'm great with tons of champs, watch me play Syndra." then yeah, they might win their lane. Great. But then they get out of lane and can't really do much else to carry the game.

Big whoop we've got a moderately fed Syndra. Everybody watch out, she's going to burst one of them down and then give the enemy team another kill.

I'm sure you're great with quite a few champs. But play some that can actually carry games hard. Play them often. Tons of good players get to the top of the ladder only playing one or two champs. Would you rather play 40 champions "very well" or 2 well enough to be the top player in North America?

deirin

12-22-2012

u die too much...and low cs

u seam to get ur assist or k/d ratio alright when ur winning...

but...dont stop feeding when fail lane or w/e

monkeyskeet

12-22-2012

i feel your pain i know what you mean it has nothing to do with your skills. there is just too many trolls.

g00dfriend

12-22-2012

don't worry about your elo! the only reason why people play solo queue is to get better

King Kappa

12-22-2012

You die an awful lot and your cs is low because of it.

Think of it like this: 1 kill = 300 gold. 3 waves > 300 gold. If you die, you usually miss 2 waves if your opponent pushes. So they gain 300 gold from killing you and you lose out on 200 potential gold that would be in your pocket if you didn't die. You also lose out on helping your team mates during the amount of time you're dead plus the amount of time it takes to walk back.

Another super important thing you should learn is when and when not to fight. If you feel like you're ahead and they're running as a team, catch one of them, kill that one then take baron. If they're weaker AND a player down then they can't contest objectives or they'll end up getting killed. Lategame especially.

This game is less about knowing how to play a champion and more about knowing how to play a game. That's why I do so well with Hecarim, he's not particularly strong or anything but his extreme mobility gives him some INTENSE map control, that's a quality that can carry games.

Disgruntler

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxAWAX21xX View Post
Drop this mentality.

You don't get better by 'making up for the other four members of your team.' You have to BE better before this is a viable option.

You get better by analyzing your mistakes as you play, and changing your habits as you notice them. You get better by realizing you're equally skilled to most of the people you play with--otherwise you wouldn't BE matchmade with them.

So what do you do?

1) Focus on throwing less games. You know those games where you had the lead but lost anyways? These. What did you do wrong? Did you call the wrong objectives? Did your team persue kills and not goals? Did you lose momentum in team fights? Did you let them have baron and dragons? If only 1/10 of your games is a throw, then knowing how NOT to throw will turn w/ls from 5/5 to 6/4--a solid gain.

2) Focus on locking close games. If games are close, then you need to learn how to scrape for every advantage. These are the games where barons and dragons matter most. Are you trying to gain every possible advantage so the game slides in your favor?

3) Focus on turning a losing game around. Not every game will be in your favor--if matchmaking works correctly, half of them won't and shouldn't be. Learn how to prevent snowballing--if you're in a lane that's doing well, are you using that to put other lanes back in the game? If you're NOT doing well, are you playing cautiously SOONER? Are you playing it safe BEFORE they become fed, or waiting until you realize its too late?

Lastly, there's the games where you're completely dominated. It happens. But you can't change that--if you're focusing on the above kinds of games you don't HAVE to either. But at least you can make these blowouts closer.

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Your masteries don't look right. I would focus reading a lot of different guides on masteries to learn more about when to use which ones. I see your AD jungle, that looks a lot like a troll build. You're going to be way too squishy once laning phase ends. Also your ADC master page, I would recommend trying 21/0/9 for the MS speed, mana, and just to split push better. I would strongly recommend reading a lot about split pushing, and try to get really good at it. It's a hard concept to understand for most people, but split pushing with sivir is how I got out of 600 elo. I made it all the way up to 1300 last season, and quit before summer came around. Most of my friends who I taught how to split push ended up reaching about 1600-1800 season 2 from 800-900 elo.