How to fix Ziggs

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Ziggs, as we all know, is underpowered. I'm not here to propose a ridiculous super buff that a lot of people who can't crunch numbers realize how to do, so that he'll be insane. I just find that one simple mechanic of his needs fixing, and that will make him much more viable: his ultimate.

I understand that it can't do tons of damage because of it's range, but that's not what I'm here to fix. All that I find needs fixing is the projectile speed. For the small radius on the 100% damage blast zone, the projectile speed is hard to land. Not only that, but if you throw it right on top of yourself, it still goes way up in the air and takes forever to land. The reaction time allowed is so great, that most champions can run out of the ENTIRE ultimate.

My solution: Increase the speed, reduce the reaction time. Particularly so when it it used right on top of himself, it just goes boom like his q. It shouldn't give them that much time to react if you throw it right in front of you, let's be realistic.

Fix it and all will be gucci, thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ragnaraq

Senior Member

12-21-2012

I see where you're coming from, but it can be used strategically with the speed. Such as, if someone is low hp by turret, you can throw it a little behind them, so they either run out and die to your allies, or run back and die by your death bomb. I see no problem with it. Ziggs is not underpowered in the least.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JRiMi

Senior Member

12-21-2012

That wouldn't be easily programmable into the game and not really worth it. I think ziggs is very strong myself and find no issue with him. I know you get jumped on sometimes but normally u stand back and ult anyways lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keybläder

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Ziggs is the only mage I don't own, but I feel like the one thing that holds him back is mana cost, whenever I fight a ziggs, they don't start harassing me until maybe around level 5, and when they harass I notice, their mana bar drops significantly. What makes it even worse, is that his Q, his main source of damage, is a very easy skill-shot to dodge, all you have to do is strafe left, or right, and it goes right past you, it's very easy to see coming as well. Thing is, when you play against a smart opponent, you need to be able to put out that harass, and with ziggs, if you don't have blue buff, you will be waiting a long time before you can do anything.

I also think all his ap ratios should be buffed as well, he's an awesome mid game champ, but once it gets to late game, even if he is fed, he can't carry a game like many other ap carries can.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wrsthnsatn667

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyblder View Post
Ziggs is the only mage I don't own, but I feel like the one thing that holds him back is mana cost, whenever I fight a ziggs, they don't start harassing me until maybe around level 5, and when they harass I notice, their mana bar drops significantly. What makes it even worse, is that his Q, his main source of damage, is a very easy skill-shot to dodge, all you have to do is strafe left, or right, and it goes right past you, it's very easy to see coming as well. Thing is, when you play against a smart opponent, you need to be able to put out that harass, and with ziggs, if you don't have blue buff, you will be waiting a long time before you can do anything.

I also think all his ap ratios should be buffed as well, he's an awesome mid game champ, but once it gets to late game, even if he is fed, he can't carry a game like many other ap carries can.
I agree with that as well. If I build for mana sustain, there is no damage. If I build for damage, there is no mana sustain. Things like Athene's aren't that good on him because it's too tough to find a happy medium.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keybläder

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Ok so I just purchased Ziggs, and I honestly say I think he may be the worst champion I have ever played. I love pretty much every single mage, but omg, he really does like no damage at all. Even if he gets fed early, late game he can just be shoved off. I definitely think the problem is his ap scaling, that seemed to be the big issue to me, I went 21 in utility so I could spam abilities, but to no avail, did 0 damage. It could be that I should have went 21 in offense, but I really didnt want to depend on something like a athene's or archangel's. Something needs to be fixed on him, because that was very depressing, landing every single bouncing bomb, and nothing really happened.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustaphah

Senior Member

12-21-2012

He does need a buff, but one thing i suggest to Riot if they read this for some wierd reason, is don't go and buff EVERY SINGLE thing about him in one patch. because if you do that he WILL be very overpowered, i've seen it happen with other champs nerfs/buffs and it really doesn't end well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustaphah

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnaraq View Post
I see where you're coming from, but it can be used strategically with the speed. Such as, if someone is low hp by turret, you can throw it a little behind them, so they either run out and die to your allies, or run back and die by your death bomb. I see no problem with it. Ziggs is not underpowered in the least.
If he had the extra speed he could just bomb them straight up, and why would his team mates be randomly all at a turret o.O


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keybläder

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaphah View Post
He does need a buff, but one thing i suggest to Riot if they read this for some wierd reason, is don't go and buff EVERY SINGLE thing about him in one patch. because if you do that he WILL be very overpowered, i've seen it happen with other champs nerfs/buffs and it really doesn't end well.
I agree, they've been doing this with Syndra, and it's been working very nicely, no one has said anything about her yet. I think they should start out by increasing the AP ratio on his Q.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KegStand

Junior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsthnsatn667 View Post
Ziggs, as we all know, is underpowered. I'm not here to propose a ridiculous super buff that a lot of people who can't crunch numbers realize how to do, so that he'll be insane. I just find that one simple mechanic of his needs fixing, and that will make him much more viable: his ultimate.

I understand that it can't do tons of damage because of it's range, but that's not what I'm here to fix. All that I find needs fixing is the projectile speed. For the small radius on the 100% damage blast zone, the projectile speed is hard to land. Not only that, but if you throw it right on top of yourself, it still goes way up in the air and takes forever to land. The reaction time allowed is so great, that most champions can run out of the ENTIRE ultimate.

My solution: Increase the speed, reduce the reaction time. Particularly so when it it used right on top of himself, it just goes boom like his q. It shouldn't give them that much time to react if you throw it right in front of you, let's be realistic.

Fix it and all will be gucci, thanks!
I can get on board with this and as a player who loves ziggs yeah that timing is hard to get down. Maybe they can do a distance type thing where the further away you are the speed is affected.

Also just throwing it out there I tend to use the ult as starter to a team fight majority of the time rather then trying to get kills. You may not get a ton of kills long term but when you hit almost all 5 of them in a team fight it def. scares the **** out of a lot of people and can help win a fight in seconds.


123