Lightbringer change on PBE

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Adding a new passive onto it.

UNIQUE Passive: Reveals nearby stealthed traps.
And there was much rejoicing.

Malurth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:

I hope this is a joke. It sounds pretty moronic, tbh.

Let's see, stealthed traps...teemo, shaco...hmm, who else?

That's all I can remember. An item that specifically hard counters two champions (or at least parts of their kit) is pretty ridiculous.

FOODFOOD

12-21-2012

Nome, I take back everything I said. If what you said is true, I love the new Lightbringer now. Like, uber love it.

What kind of range will the active have? I was always upset with Grez's because I felt like it needed about 50-100 more range to activate.

Orphane

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malurth View Post

That's all I can remember. An item that specifically hard counters two champions (or at least parts of their kit) is pretty ridiculous.
Are you serious?

DiscworldDeath

12-21-2012

Quote:

Teemo is problematic on Dominion high Elo and TT.
Shaco is super toxic and ruins many games for low to mid-high Elo on Dominion.

This is a way to "nerf" these champions on TT/Dominion without affecting them on SR. Exactly what people asked for.

This is going to be especially beneficial for TT. Where Grez should be a required purchase for many champions as it is.

Phourc

12-21-2012

that seems like a really awesome idea, will that passive show up on hexsweeper as well?

Edit: are we suggesting passive names? I'd giggle at 'nerf teemo'

Akado Bayushi

12-21-2012

Quote:

Nome, since every Unique ability has a name attached to it, can you dub this one "Fighter Disarm"? Especially if the range is so small that you trigger every trap just as it's revealed!

I feel this would be greatly appreciated, and I do presume to speak for everyone that answers to my name in the room I'm currently in. Also, it'd be a nice homage to the "No Thief" parties in BG games and various NWN worlds.

FOODFOOD

12-21-2012

I don't know, I think the unique passive should be called "F*k You Teemo," but that's just me.

Das Strychnine

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentlyCar View Post
Just going to say that I absolutely loathe the idea of a RNG-based damage proc on an item. There is almost nothing that feels as bad as losing to pure luck. Please reconsider it.

Don't worry, 100 magic dmg on AD Carries won't do anything, build a Mercury Threads /basic mr item that you'd normally have in your build any way and you won't even notice it. Now if it was physical dmg than it would actually make sense. 20% Chance to proc maybe 25dmg. OP....

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-21-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:

It hard counters the primary method players use those abilities, yes. But then again, so does Oracle's, so this isn't really a new precedent. It's a 450 distance reveal range, so a Teemo or Shaco can still certainly lure you into a trap if you're not paying attention, or if they drop a trap in the middle of a fight, it's just as useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
that seems like a really awesome idea, will that passive show up on hexsweeper as well?

Edit: are we suggesting passive names? I'd giggle at 'nerf teemo'
It won't be on Hextech Sweeper for now, since it's rather late to put stuff in for next patch (it gives our QA a lot more work). It will likely show up next-next patch. Until then, no passive name.