RlOT IS NERFING TALON?!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blubberking

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, we have no intention of making Talon unviable, we're simply looking to find a balance for him in the context of Season 3.

The reality is that many of our AD casters were tuned to a state where they could exist in Season 2 with extremely poor itemization that was non-ideal for them.

We now created an environment where they have legitimate optimal item paths and the numbers are now out of balance.

The question to ask ourselves is if Black Cleaver is still too strong for AD Carries like MF or Graves. If we were to nerf Black Cleaver, it may become impossible to even think of building it on non AD Casters.

Looking at any strong item with above 3000+ gold cost will show a high win rate because if you have the resources to buy an item of this tier, you are most likely ahead in the first place. Items are not only an indicator of your future success but also a reflection of your past success. Any decently strong high tier item should statistically look and feel "overpowered."

As a closing note here, there is a buff to Talon that is impossible for the dataminers to get to. We are fixing a bug where the damage amplification from Cutthroat was not actually working.
@Statikk by balancing champions around Black Cleaver you're forcing me to have to build Black Cleaver to remain viable, that means my more special builds won't be as attractive as before, I'm really not happy with this change.

WorstAlistarEver

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
and they're buffing alistar

dear lord
hey they not buffing alistar. they giving back wath they took too far seriously.. he just gets back his 50 range on headbutt and 5 ms.. woohooo. HUGE BUFFS TOTALLY GAMEBREAKING

Meowlick

12-21-2012

Talon is not OP by any means. He just beats most AP mids (like Pantheon, Kha'Zix, Caitlyn, Sivir) because he is an assassin with a SILENCE that deals PHYSICAL DAMAGE which is strong because most AP's have LOW BASE ARMOR. That's why he's good mid, and nowhere else. Nerfing a champion with a niche strategy (ahem, Urgot) is stupid.

Nerfing a champion(s) around a broken item (has flat and % armor reduction, who's idea was that?) is not smart.

WorstAlistarEver

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereopsis View Post
Talon is not OP by any means. He just beats most AP mids (like Pantheon, Kha'Zix, Caitlyn, Sivir) because he is an assassin with a SILENCE that deals PHYSICAL DAMAGE which is strong because most AP's have LOW BASE ARMOR. That's why he's good mid, and nowhere else. Nerfing a champion with a niche strategy (ahem, Urgot) is stupid.

Nerfing a champion(s) around a broken item (has flat and % armor reduction, who's idea was that?) is not smart.
there is a thing called marketing.

matrinox

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
Well still, 15% is a lot, and talon hits dang hard. If it says you do 1k damage, you'd think someone somewhere would have seen that you do considerably less.
15% isn't really a huge damage amplification. It's more of an edge in battle. If an AD Carry had 8 AD from runes and masteries against another AD Carry who doesn't, that's about 15% extra damage at level 1.

Yma Sumac

12-21-2012

you are nerfing Talon based on the assumption that Rushing Black cleaver on him is absolutely mandatory

what a joke

he's not even that good, he can only fill the mid lane because everywhere else he's terrible

matrinox

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Certainly not. I found this bug recently. If we had found it a year ago we would have fixed it a year ago.
What about his passive? Also, what about other people's damage amplification including items like DFG? Can you guys double-check just to be sure? Thanks.

HighSee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Good guy Gypsy for testing waters.

mtrx002

12-21-2012

Quote:
Certainly not. I found this bug recently. If we had found it a year ago we would have fixed it a year ago.
"Certainly not!"

Am I the only one who imagined this spoken in a British accent by a man in a tophat?

NinetyNineTails

12-21-2012

Quote:
Me actually. I found it while fiddling around with a champion prototype (which has since been trashed). I wanted my guy's spells to amp his autoattack damage so I copied some of Talon's scripts. While testing the amp I accidentally set it to -100%. Suddenly my autos were putting out big red zeros for the damage text while still managing to red bar the bots I was testing them on.
That's cute. I've had moments like that; "Wait.. what am I looking at? That's can't be right... no, wait, it is right. How in God's name... really? But does it do that in the first... it does. Huh. You'd think someone would have noticed. Like, me."