RlOT IS NERFING TALON?!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
How is a bug fix a buff?

And how is this compensation for destroying his damage...

He can only build 1 stat

And he can only do 1 type of damage

Did you take this into consideration while nerfing him?
People were having trouble playing him before, because they weren't getting the full benefit of his damage.

People have been doing a lot better with him recently, but they weren't getting the full benefit of his damage.

A bug is an unintentional "nerf", but it still hurts the champion's output - and fixing that bug is thus a buff.

Also, "only doing one type of damage" is a very silly argument, and you know it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mad Grey Wolf

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, we have no intention of making Talon unviable, we're simply looking to find a balance for him in the context of Season 3.

The reality is that many of our AD casters were tuned to a state where they could exist in Season 2 with extremely poor itemization that was non-ideal for them.

We now created an environment where they have legitimate optimal item paths and the numbers are now out of balance.

The question to ask ourselves is if Black Cleaver is still too strong for AD Carries like MF or Graves. If we were to nerf Black Cleaver, it may become impossible to even think of building it on non AD Casters.

Looking at any strong item with above 3000+ gold cost will show a high win rate because if you have the resources to buy an item of this tier, you are most likely ahead in the first place. Items are not only an indicator of your future success but also a reflection of your past success. Any decently strong high tier item should statistically look and feel "overpowered."

As a closing note here, there is a buff to Talon that is impossible for the dataminers to get to. We are fixing a bug where the damage amplification from Cutthroat was not actually working.
Nerf him into the ground please! Ever since the Black Cleaver remake I have been seeing a lot of talons mid. When he burst me I feel like I was hit by a LeBlanc or Veigar combo. Only diff is they cant go invisible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
We are fixing a bug where the damage amplification from Cutthroat was not actually working.

Like, ever? Or just sometimes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Reedwise

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeKonvict View Post
Nerf him into the ground please! Ever since the Black Cleaver remake I have been seeing a lot of talons mid. When he burst me I feel like I was hit by a LeBlanc or Veigar combo. Only diff is they cant go invisible.
veigar goes invisible all the time

it's called death

LOL

jk no plans to make either of those champions viable ever meanwhile let us provide itemization to allow talon to be not only playable, but deserving of nerfs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-20-2012
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
How is a bug fix a buff?
Say a champion's ult was intended to do 5000 true damage but there was this nasty bug that made it ACTUALLY do 1 damage. If we were to go and fix said bug we would be BUFFING that champion's damage by 4999.

Talon's E currently amps his damage by 0% for two seconds against a single target, regardless of rank. This bugfix will buff his single target burst by 15% when E is at max rank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxFadexX

Junior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, we have no intention of making Talon unviable, we're simply looking to find a balance for him in the context of Season 3.

The reality is that many of our AD casters were tuned to a state where they could exist in Season 2 with extremely poor itemization that was non-ideal for them.

We now created an environment where they have legitimate optimal item paths and the numbers are now out of balance.

The question to ask ourselves is if Black Cleaver is still too strong for AD Carries like MF or Graves. If we were to nerf Black Cleaver, it may become impossible to even think of building it on non AD Casters.

Looking at any strong item with above 3000+ gold cost will show a high win rate because if you have the resources to buy an item of this tier, you are most likely ahead in the first place. Items are not only an indicator of your future success but also a reflection of your past success. Any decently strong high tier item should statistically look and feel "overpowered."

As a closing note here, there is a buff to Talon that is impossible for the dataminers to get to. We are fixing a bug where the damage amplification from Cutthroat was not actually working.
Isn't it also worth mentioning that you nerfed his Noxian diplomacy's ratio down to 1.0, and Shadow Assault's ratio down to .75?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Talon's E currently amps his damage by 0% for two seconds against a single target, regardless of rank.
Wow has it always been like this? I could have sworn I've never noticed it.

Do you guys have the data on how regularly this occurs?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CloudDevil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-20-2012

CloudDevil, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.


sorry but what the hell is this?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AHeroNamedHawke1

Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekshi View Post
Are you advocating the Talon nerfs or not? You're confusing me here.
You said they were testing both at the same time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borigrad

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Say a champion's ult was intended to do 5000 true damage but there was this nasty bug that made it ACTUALLY do 1 damage. If we were to go and fix said bug we would be BUFFING that champion's damage by 4999.

Talon's E currently amps his damage by 0% for two seconds against a single target, regardless of rank. This bugfix will buff his single target burst by 15% when E is at max rank.
And how does something like this go unsolved for A YEAR AND A HALF.