Lightbringer change on PBE

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TOP10 ELO

12-20-2012

The Lightbringer

Item cost 2425
Builds out of Soulsight Lantern and Pick Axe
Attack Damage 50
Grants 20 armor.
Grants 12% life steal.
New Unique passive - Vanquish: Basic attacks have a 20% chance to deal 100 bonus magic damage ( damage doubled for non-champions )
New Unique active - A stealth detecting mist grants vision of the target area for 10 seconds ( 60 second cooldown )

All set and good unless you pay attention to the items it builds and check that this item gives no bonus stats just a useless 100 magic dmg on 20% chance for 300 gold.
Worst change ever made on dominion. Nome disappoint us

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

12-20-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Hoho
It may receive some changes in the future. I just wanted to remove the normal Lightbringer first

Tempestphile

12-20-2012

Is it me or is the black cleaver going back to it's nightmare status?

konfetarius

12-20-2012

Nerf Lantern first, please. That item is absurd.

bierfaust

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Hoho
It may receive some changes in the future. I just wanted to remove the normal Lightbringer first
Why would you remove a perfectly fine item that served is niche, wasn't overpowered, and was worth every bit gold to the person that bought it.

It was in a perfect spot. The logic of Devs these days is really grinding my gears.

MMKH

12-20-2012

I actually like this new build idea for Lantern into Lightbringer. Although I agree that maybe there should be something more unique than an on-hit proc but with chance, or you might as well put Wit's End in the recipe.

I'm not seeing how Lantern is OP or anything since it currently doesn't upgrade into anything. And I really don't notice the extra damage proccing too much on minions.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

12-20-2012
2 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
Why would you remove a perfectly fine item that served is niche, wasn't overpowered, and was worth every bit gold to the person that bought it.

It was in a perfect spot. The logic of Devs these days is really grinding my gears.
It's being removed/changed for the same reason Hextech Sweeper lost its vision.

Stark Midnight

12-20-2012

Glade you changed it, champions who cannot utilize attack speed had no option for a destealth item. Now i can get all those pesky ninjas.

ViolentlyCar

12-20-2012

Just going to say that I absolutely loathe the idea of a RNG-based damage proc on an item. There is almost nothing that feels as bad as losing to pure luck. Please reconsider it.

Goldoche1337

12-20-2012

Good work Nome

12345 ... 9