Permabanning players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DebosBike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

You also can't sue them.

What you buy with money is RP, you aren't buying anything physical. The RP is delivered instantly and is only valid within the game.

It would be like buying a Fast Pass at Cedar point and then trying to sue them because they kicked you out of the park.

Your purchase offers you no stake of claim for anything, it is essentially a donation that grants you special services within the game itself.

Fenrir Slakt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Don't make this about the ToS.

I really doubt all those bans were caused by having WiFi issues. And if they were, they should've contacted their provider or find a way to fix it themselves, not just play while hoping it not to fail.

LLawks

12-20-2012

Also what I'm gathering from all these "intelligent" senior member is that if say, I took $100 from them and then force them to leave something, and I keep all their money, they would be perfectly okay with that, correct?

big earth

12-20-2012

LoL sue them.... Read the ToS kid.

Coldvolt

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTeaDa View Post
Coming from a lawyer, this is total b ull s hit.

Do you think parking garages are free of liability because they write something on the wall?
I think your the one full of it. No they wouldn't be if they wrote it on the wall.. But YOU agree to the rules and riots ability to exercise their power how they see fit every time an update hit and when you login.

By doing so you forfeit any means to use liability against riot. If your a lawyer your a bad one.

LLawks

12-20-2012

I'm still waiting for a legitimate reply to my comment.

DarkChibiman

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLawks View Post
Your bans stack with the LeaverBuster bans, and I'm sorry they aren't gods of control over their wi-fi.
Don't play on Wi-Fi then.

Sorry that he got in trouble, but it also sucks when we constantly get paired with a person who goes AFK all the time.

Fenrir Slakt

12-20-2012

Quote:
I'm still waiting for a legitimate reply to my comment.
I'm still waiting for this thread to get closed by downvotes. :]

Edit: Yea! Downvote everyone who disagrees with you, OP. That'll teach 'em!

Coldvolt

12-20-2012

Quote:
Also what I'm gathering from all these "intelligent" senior member is that if say, I took $100 from them and then force them to leave something, and I keep all their money, they would be perfectly okay with that, correct?
If you break their rules..yes. If you pay to go to a football game but you act like a tard and security kicks you out.. Guess what, you dont get your money back.

Riot agrees to provide you services as long as you adhere to their rules.

DebosBike

12-20-2012

Quote:
No, you have to establish and follow through on a ToS (terms of service) contract between yourself and them.
If they violate it, then they are in breach of contract and you may retain the $100. Unless the contract is broken you are obligated to give them the service they paid for.

The league ToS dictates that a certain code of conduct must be followed which involves playing on a stable internet connection and not doing anything to ruin the fun of other players (within reason). If you break that then you also break the contract so they are no longer obligated to offer you that service.