What stops a Sona support.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rockpops

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot jayway View Post

Also, I find Leona/taric extremely strong against her which has been stated plenty of times.

The thing about Leona is that she does very little in the early stages of laning. She desnt have her combo with which to all-in, and if she cant all-in, she cant really do anything besides get harassed and zoned.

Ive seen strong level one lanes with Sona/Ezreal give Leona lanes a lot of trouble actually.

SchierkeWiking

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpops View Post
The thing about Leona is that she does very little in the early stages of laning. She desnt have her combo with which to all-in, and if she cant all-in, she cant really do anything besides get harassed and zoned.

Ive seen strong level one lanes with Sona/Ezreal give Leona lanes a lot of trouble actually.
That's just the nature of Leona, she's pretty useless before level 3. You have to be super passive until then but after that it's if Sona gets caught is almost insta death.

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

What stops a sona?

The answer is a lot. just get anything that is a tad durable and get in her face.

Micalas

12-20-2012

Quote:
As a Sona main, so much this. Basically Sona attempts to poke, gets rooted by 1 or 2 plants and is so scared to try again to poke.

Also, I find Leona/taric extremely strong against her which has been stated plenty of times. They have high damage potential and its get even worse when paired with a high damage early-game ADC like Draven, Graves, MF, trist

You can watch some of the Fnatic vs TPA matches from IPL5 to see some of tactics used to win against a Sona lane.
So as a Sona main does Morello just come to your desk and beat you with a coffee mug since he can't nerf Sona herself at the moment?

The FireWater

12-20-2012

Sona's big strength is she outpokes other sustain champs like Soraka and Alistar, so she makes great synergy with her adc.

But sheer kill lane supports like Leona or Taric that are made to punish you the second you move it will beat her.

Luhz

12-20-2012

someone smart enough to hit her when she tries to harrass

she has no health, she's fragile, anyone who can make her afraid to poke and just sustain her carry did good vs her

lanes that can really PUNISH her for even DARING to harrass the adc will make her cry

Samiamqt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

i stopped playing sona due to how squishy she is. i much prefer nami/leona/lulu.

i can stop her with lulu and a good adc

but yeah, what everyone else is saying.

Sageoffire

12-20-2012

How to lose to a sona:
When she walks up to you, Q/Power Chords you, and then you run away.

How to beat a sona:
When she walks up to you, kill her.

PhilAtio11

12-20-2012

....She is one of the squishiest early game champs. Leona dives on her. ADC hits her twice at most, proccing Leona's passive and she's dead. It's pretty damn easy to counter Sona

Merokane

12-20-2012

Quote:
As a Sona main, so much this. Basically Sona attempts to poke, gets rooted by 1 or 2 plants and is so scared to try again to poke.

Also, I find Leona/taric extremely strong against her which has been stated plenty of times. They have high damage potential and its get even worse when paired with a high damage early-game ADC like Draven, Graves, MF, trist

You can watch some of the Fnatic vs TPA matches from IPL5 to see some of tactics used to win against a Sona lane.
Where does one... find these matches?