What stops a Sona support.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot jayway

Associate QA Analyst

12-20-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eceto View Post
zyra rips her apart.
As a Sona main, so much this. Basically Sona attempts to poke, gets rooted by 1 or 2 plants and is so scared to try again to poke.

Also, I find Leona/taric extremely strong against her which has been stated plenty of times. They have high damage potential and its get even worse when paired with a high damage early-game ADC like Draven, Graves, MF, trist

You can watch some of the Fnatic vs TPA matches from IPL5 to see some of tactics used to win against a Sona lane.

Postal Miku

12-20-2012

A Sona main Riot employee?
Can I hug you?

Decoylegends

12-20-2012

lead a sona through the lane bushes. add a rengar+adc

Turn2

12-20-2012

Cait/nunu

Aametherar

12-20-2012

Also bring a pink ward and ruin sonas day, if she can't see into your bush she has a hard time harassing you without fear of death unless you lose your brush.

swan2swan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot jayway View Post
As a Sona main, so much this. Basically Sona attempts to poke, gets rooted by 1 or 2 plants and is so scared to try again to poke.

Also, I find Leona/taric extremely strong against her which has been stated plenty of times. They have high damage potential and its get even worse when paired with a high damage early-game ADC like Draven, Graves, MF, trist

You can watch some of the Fnatic vs TPA matches from IPL5 to see some of tactics used to win against a Sona lane.
Actually, I've found that Sona lanes depend largely on the AD carry against her. The ADC needs to focus on last-hitting and being prepared to crush them when the time comes--possibly even attacking Sona rather than the enemy ADC. If your carry tries poking, though, you need to yell at them right away and tell them that it won't work, because it won't; Sona can outpoke you all day long. So when you hit that enemy pair, you need to hit hard.

NoxDragon26

12-20-2012

Death stops her.

Or if you are playing her, just press S.

OneVendetta

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile Miku View Post
A Sona main Riot employee?
Can I hug you?
nah he mains me

Hraagh

12-20-2012

Leona, yes. Leona is kryptonite to Sona.

Taric, no. She can stay out of range of his stun, and if her AD gets stunned she switches auras to W and hits the enemy AD with -20% damage. Taric's AD won't be able to get a kill easily and Sona has a much stronger lategame.

Zyra does better than Taric, but isn't a hard counter. At worst, she restricts the area from which Sona can zone enemy AD. I don't fear Zyras as much as Leona.

Dryad Soraka

12-20-2012

pretty much anything since her health and armor are sh!!!t