Riot is too cool for Q

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrostEdge

12-20-2012

I think we should make a black champion who's name starts with "Q". Even though Karma is a confirmed black person I don't agree.

Carl Sheburne

12-20-2012

Inb4 "Qi".

Havoc Lobster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostEdge View Post
I think we should make a black champion who's name starts with "Q". Even though Karma is a confirmed black person I don't agree.
No, a black lesbian champ who starts with the letter Q!

SachieI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
Need a Quailman champ
all of my bumps

Zen Junior

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griftrix View Post
I really like the way you're thinking here, but for consistent text style we may have to lowercase the rest of the champions. I'm afraid of the forum uproar if we "nerf" the names.

I can't tell if this whole thread has become a troll thread.... or it legitimately costs too much to use the letter Q...

lord kratos

12-20-2012

Q Force unite!

Key

12-20-2012

Griftrix is my new favourite Riot poster.

Magni

12-20-2012

Since we already have Zed and Vi, let's just have a character named Q.

He could be like Q from Star Trek. Or from James Bond.

Stexe

Adjudicator

12-20-2012

Quote:
I really like the way you're thinking here, but for consistent text style we may have to lowercase the rest of the champions. I'm afraid of the forum uproar if we "nerf" the names.
Solution? Move the "Q" (and maybe "u") from "Quicksilver Sash" in order to apply it to a Champion. Might require an entire department of Riot employees to successfully do the movement, but I think it would be worth it. Then we'd have "Icksilver Sash" -- seems fine to me.

BlueThingamajig

12-20-2012

Quote:
Keep in mind, I am not in the finance department, but I think it's because of the licensing costs of the letter you mentioned. It has been difficult to justify it for a character name. We have to make choices about using that letter or spending more time on particle effects. One way we might be able to use that letter is if we made a legendary champion, but I don't think that will be well received.

If you don't believe me about the cost of using that letter, check scrabble.
That is absolute and utter BS
As a top ten* scrabble player and veteran of numerous competitions, I can draw from my vast expertise because...GASP! The letter Z is equivalent in price to the letter Q. 10x more than the letter A, or N, or T, which all have a bajillion champions to their letters.

And Z? Zyra. Zilean. Zaun, Zed

Are you telling us that Z is cost-efficient, but Q isn't?

*in my division