What stops a Sona support.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDmac

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-20-2012

just catch her and its pretty much game over.

Twillera

12-20-2012

zyra rips her apart.

Tskrian

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPPPPPPPPPPP270 View Post
I have a 6 ranked games with Sona and fairly new to her. I have an 83% win rate on her. I want to know what stops her.
Don't say Blitzcrank because he's perma banned.
Decent anything else really.. Nami is good Against her.. a Good Soraka with a good carry is unstoppable. Pros say that she has no Counterpicks, But playing Sona for years now and Support all around for most of my lol time Shows that She's strong, But Good players know how to deal with her. Sorry it's not very specific, but its the best Answer i have for you =p

Source: http://www.lolpro.com/guides/sona/14...-by-nhatnguyen

Aametherar

12-20-2012

If a nami hits her with a knockup at level 1 she will be dead before she hits the ground, fact.

Vicvictorw

12-20-2012

She's got less base health than a melee minion. If the enemy takes advantage of this, you're in trouble.

If Sona can't be the bully, she's got nothing. CC from the support, ADC jumps on her, she's either dead or backing.

Ratastok

12-20-2012

you have to CC her when she tries to poke on the early levels, or to be able to burst her down in 2 secs(Draven)

Inv1cted

12-20-2012

Kayle dominates her too, I can't belive people don;t play Kayle as a supp anymore.

That said sona doesn't have alot of direct counters its more about play style. She's absolutely the best poke champ in the game and if you try to play poke with her you'll likely get crushed.

You just have to go balls deep early and ruin her or force her out or keep her low. Once she gets philo/pick/sightone you're in trouble.

Amanie

12-20-2012

she is incredibly squishy and very mana hungry

you can out burst her or out sustain her. i personally avoid playing her unless my team really really really needs her. like a nice aoe comp

Minister of Pie

12-20-2012

I find my Nami/Draven lane with my mate always works wonders against good ol' squishy Sona

Nami just beats anyone really though :') bloody love that fish.

Auryiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Taric with Graves or Draven

1) Stun
2) Reduce her pitiful armor
3) Collect 400 gold

Or Leona, but you can dodge Leona's E. Basically a strong CC support with a burst carry. Either way, it's pretty straightforward, all in her at level 1-2.