Reason behind your summoner name

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parmethius

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
OH. MY. GOD.

I JUST made the connection between this, your name and your avatar!

Mind = burnt!

Also, about me, I had a name I used as my summoner name before I joined Riot, but it was lame and had been used a lot on other forums and stuff. So, I said, "What can I name myself that won't sound too lame?" I thought long and hard. I thought, well, if Rioters tend to become well known and can command a fair amount of attention and respect, I decided I wanted to have a name that would stick in your brain, that sounded sort of.. for the lack of a better word.. ideological. Something that sounded firm and cool but described what my craft was. Thus, 'IronStylus' was born.

Sub-story: Artistically I enjoy the aspect of "the three reads". In character design in our game we have about 3 reads to work with in terms of visual landmarks. Weapon or "source of power", bust/head area, and the large area of rest that should encompass the rest of the character's silhouette. I applied this to my name too, in combination with my forum avatar. "Iron" and "Stylus" are two reads, one being strong/firm/ the other being about art. Now, "Parrot" might as well be part of my name, making.. tah-dah! the third read. Together they should create a balance that describes me. The firm (often opinionated and consistent), the artistic, juxtaposed with the ridiculous of the parrot.

Well.. that was long-winded wasn't it?
As a fellow long-winded person, I prefer the term "detailed"

The FireWater

12-20-2012

Because FireWater was taken.
FireWater:
Contrast, Yin and Yang, simple terms, primal, describes both my passionate and my tranquile personalities. Also two parts of my self made Seal.

All that, and it's also a fun word for Alcohol. All in all... it's me.

phatcat09

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotGradius View Post
Because the game was one of my most loved/hated games I played as a kid. Still can't get very far in it... I should play it again tonight...
your title makes you attractive to me.

Frafabowa

12-20-2012

Stupid **** from Runescape, more specifically, its Dungeoneering skill.

Frozen Abandoned Furnished Abandoned Occult Warped

Sleep plz

12-20-2012

I like sleep.

The Soraka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka Soraka

I had to play Soraka a lot once for 3 months.

RelaxedSalmon

12-20-2012

I'm quite relaxed and I do enjoy fish on occasion.

Taurendur

Senior Development Director

12-20-2012
11 of 15 Riot Posts

My favorite color is green and I'm fond of all things Tolkien. Calendil is Sindarin for "lover of green" or "fond of green".

Panaity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calendil View Post
My favorite color is green and I'm fond of all things Tolkien. Calendil is Sindarin for "lover of green" or "fond of green".
I used to be... erm... fluent? in Quenya, and was working on Sindarin. Yeah, OK, I'm a nerd.

HunyHearts

12-20-2012

Five years back (before the terrible dubbed honey badger video)I came back from a meeting at work and asked my best friend what he was doing and he just responded with "watching a video about Honeybadgers" I watched the video instantly declared it my favorite animal and made 9 characters on WoW all named some variation of Honey Badger. I liked Hunybadger the most, because it's interesting to see how many people struggle with calling me Hun/Huny for short.