My ABAM Tier List

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Westophalopalis

12-20-2012

I love playing Master Yi for ABAMs and if the opposing team lacks channel disrupting CC than he is unstoppable unless ignited. Channel disrupting CC is normally knock backs, stuns, and fears/charm/taunts.

Snares and locks dont stop Yi from healing, and a good Yi will use his heal if they have no distruption as a TAUNT mechanic such as teemos global taunt. It is so funny watching a whole team and tower focus Yi while meditating over 3k health back and with over 350 MR and ARM, while the rest of my team takes down everyone focusing me while Im practically un-killable.

The main counters though to AP Yi are champs with more than 1 or 2 disrupts as normal spells. Ex: Blitz, Fiddle, Naut, Ali, and any other pure CC machine.

But thats just my 2 cents on why AP Yi should be in a higher tier placement.

Merokane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

I agree that AP Sion is trash tier.

But AD Sion is one of the most OP ****ing things in ARAM. He won't be off the bat, but with just a few mild attack speed and crit items behind him, he AoE heals his team better than any support ever could, tanks for his team, and brings a stun and damage-soak shield to boot.

Arlowne

12-20-2012

I honestly feel Soraka should be Tier 2, if not Tier 1. Insane sustain against pokes, great passive for the entire team, clutch saves with heals and silence, and once she builds tanky enough she shreds entire team with starcall spam during teamfights. Against AD, I'd build Frozen Heart, and others I build Rylai and/or Abyssal, and they simply can't touch me and/others when I'm just healing them with my ult and Astral Blessing.

Killzerz

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr1sys View Post
I think that's the only issue with her, pre-6 you pretty much do nothing with her. If you engage it'll be after the burst, and you have to have someone else initiate. If she gets caught, she dies. I've had some really good games with her and some really bad ones, she's not a very safe(good) pick
Maybe I'll move her down. I see what you are saying. I have played at least 5 games as her (I own every champ except 2 so when I did play ARAM this is actually a lot) and every time I dominated. However, I do see how she meets my criteria for having to play her nearly flawlessly as well as being situational with your team. Might move her down in the tier.

Killzerz

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westophalopalis View Post
I love playing Master Yi for ABAMs and if the opposing team lacks channel disrupting CC than he is unstoppable unless ignited. Channel disrupting CC is normally knock backs, stuns, and fears/charm/taunts.

Snares and locks dont stop Yi from healing, and a good Yi will use his heal if they have no distruption as a TAUNT mechanic such as teemos global taunt. It is so funny watching a whole team and tower focus Yi while meditating over 3k health back and with over 350 MR and ARM, while the rest of my team takes down everyone focusing me while Im practically un-killable.

The main counters though to AP Yi are champs with more than 1 or 2 disrupts as normal spells. Ex: Blitz, Fiddle, Naut, Ali, and any other pure CC machine.

But thats just my 2 cents on why AP Yi should be in a higher tier placement.
He is already really high. Against good opponents they know how to CC him, especially since every team has a Blitz or other member with good hard CC. He is situational which is why he stays in tier 1.

Killzerz

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merokane View Post
I agree that AP Sion is trash tier.

But AD Sion is one of the most OP ****ing things in ARAM. He won't be off the bat, but with just a few mild attack speed and crit items behind him, he AoE heals his team better than any support ever could, tanks for his team, and brings a stun and damage-soak shield to boot.
No. I've seen people play him and he doesn't have any gap closers. It also takes him until his 6th item to be useful, by which point 95% of the games are over. Way too situational and even then I'd rather have many other AD carries over him at that point.

Killzerz

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlowne View Post
I honestly feel Soraka should be Tier 2, if not Tier 1. Insane sustain against pokes, great passive for the entire team, clutch saves with heals and silence, and once she builds tanky enough she shreds entire team with starcall spam during teamfights. Against AD, I'd build Frozen Heart, and others I build Rylai and/or Abyssal, and they simply can't touch me and/others when I'm just healing them with my ult and Astral Blessing.
Moved her up because I agree. Not tier 1 because if you really want sustain you get Sona or Nami who both IMO are better supports for ABAM. Still, Soraka is very strong, and maybe even broken with Nids and Jayce's on your team due to her mana spam. Still situational, but damn if she isn't awesome in certain comps.

BriefEternity

12-20-2012

You rate tanks far too low.

Queef Generator

12-20-2012

nice work, but i played this map since release on pbe almost everyday, with good and bad payers. probably more than 1k games in it. i disagree with most of it BUT the thing is, i beleive there is a tier list for every level of play. we cannot make a good one til they make a queue for it. i seen nidalee failing really hard when the level of play was low. trundle is actually incredibly stong sustain/debuffs and bush control i would place him in tier 2, but again no one really plays him and people dodge when they get him.
imo lux and maokay are the god tiwer champs in this map when the elvel of play is high, i ban both in adam matches when i play with proving grounds veterans. it is simply impossible to push vs a lux when her ulti cd is lower than minion wave respawn you need to handicap your team by bying **** load of armor if you are a tank to give the opporunity for your team to fight under enemy towers. since most comps are 3-4 ap. that armor isnt that useful overall. ap mao is god tier because he is so easy to build without waisting stats and his kit is just perfect, **** load of burst, cc and aoe ult with damage reduction. mao is simply a swiss knife. he only lacks dps because you wont build ad on him obviously. and yes you are right about jayce being a more powerful pick since he can carry, but nidalee can win games with her supportish gameplay style. 2 spears and the next fight will feature 2 low hp enemies. and she can still be useful with heals, 60% as buff on your adc, mr and armor debuffs, and insane cleanup with cougar form. you cant really compare both, they are way too different, most people dont compare nid with jayce, they compare nid q with jayce q.
also imo caitlyn is the best adc since she provides bush control for early domination, her ult is better in this map than in sr since epople cannot recall and damage is permanemet unless they use summoners or have sustain. she is so hard to kill and provides utility.
also you should add super godlike tier wherre there will be only 1 champ. black terror talon (pre bc nerf lol) only countered by getting 2 warmogs. rip true damage talon

also cant wait for the proving ground queue XD i hope champ select wont be random or people wil jsut buy the most op 16 champs and queue there gg 100% chance tog et op champ good luck wining if you have 100 champs unlocked. arma queue would be possible only if they make it like this:
-required 50 unlocked champions
-in some special menu, you need to select the 50 champions that you will queue with. so 2% chance of getting each one of them. it will be then fair

ato come back in the main subject. i play you classified tier 4 trundle in draft when enemy have only 1 tank. proceed to ult tank, q the ad then type in chat: where is your tank nao mouahahahhahahahha. then proceed to dunk. dont forget to troll pillar an ulting enemy kat.

AskKarthus

12-20-2012

Nasus should probably be in the "nope" tier. He's just too farm reliant.

1234567 ... 9