Thoughts on Raveneous hydra

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pchannington

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
I've built it a few times, but the delay on the active is a bit awkward and since it works best on auto-attack champs I feel conflicted if I try it on an AD caster over Bloodthirster.

Maybe if it gave spellvamp with lifesteal (or had another passive that converts lifesteal into spellvamp) I'd take it. It's handy for split-pushing no matter who you are though.
I agree with the awkward delay on the active. They really need to remove the cast time on this.

Rakaydos

12-19-2012

I've found that this item really buffs Renekton's midgame. it makes his W into a lifestealing AoE nuke as well as a notional stun, gives him an extra 1.0 AD scaling AoE nuke, and refulls his hp if he gets ignored.

jmlinden7

12-19-2012

It's strong on champions that either

a) lack sustain need an extra ad-scaling spell to burst people harder (Riven, Zed, Pantheon)
b) have the elusive combination of ad-steroid, lifesteal steroid, attack speed steroid, and enough durability to sit in the middle of the enemy team and use all those steroids (Nocturne has two steroids and a spell shield that gives even more AS, Lee Sin has AS and lifesteal and a shield/armor buff, Olaf has all of those, Mundo has the AD steroid and a ton of survivability, AD Sion has all of those, Nasus has AD, lifesteal and durability)

The active and the passive seem to not work together well. It seems like an item for melee ad carries to clear jungle with, but melee ad carries aren't viable in general and the item is too expensive for just jungle clearing.

BenevolenTT

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESSSILATOR View Post
same as season 2 tiamat........................dont build it

basically the same item as season 2 but with a measly 10% lifesteal which is 10 life per 100 damage, which is negated by something as simple as red buff. if you plan on being a factor late game ud have cleaver blood thirst and last whisper combined with MR and Armor/health.

hydra is noob bait item with the only use on owning nothing but minions
This applies to anyone hit by the aoe as well. so now 500 damage equals 50 hp gained for every autoattack.

This is just the item on it's own, and it adds in any lifesteal you purchase on other items. It's not as bad as you think. The active should be considered a free auto attack every now and then. It actually makes AD melee champs a bit more viable in Season 3.

footfoe

12-20-2012

The AOE really isn't that significant against champion. Just makes pushing a bit easier.

Any resonable comparisons between this and bloodthirster?

Raxxlor

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchannington View Post
I agree with the awkward delay on the active. They really need to remove the cast time on this.
I find the active not much of an issue, you don't use it when you're auto attacking anyway but it adds additional burst to your AD casters combo. There are also ways of avoiding the cast time.

Iike J4, EQ into the enemy, cast hydra just before you land
Renekton, if you activate it either during your stun animation or right after your Q

Etc.

It also applies massive split push pressure.

SlappindaBass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

this is the worst new item in the game, its costs are outragerous and you get basically nothing

Puma Byte

12-29-2012

I like it on WW but that is just me, this and Blade of the Ruined King I have been experimenting with together. I have found it to work nicely but they are very costly.

moltres27

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESSSILATOR View Post
same as season 2 tiamat........................dont build it

basically the same item as season 2 but with a measly 10% lifesteal which is 10 life per 100 damage, which is negated by something as simple as red buff. if you plan on being a factor late game ud have cleaver blood thirst and last whisper combined with MR and Armor/health.

hydra is noob bait item with the only use on owning nothing but minions
agree +1

moltres27

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenevolenTT View Post
This applies to anyone hit by the aoe as well. so now 500 damage equals 50 hp gained for every autoattack.

This is just the item on it's own, and it adds in any lifesteal you purchase on other items. It's not as bad as you think. The active should be considered a free auto attack every now and then. It actually makes AD melee champs a bit more viable in Season 3.
But do enemy champs always stands so close? if u target the carry(which u shld) they stand quite away