Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jushtime

12-20-2012

This is, overall, a price reduction, even with the temporary inflation. And I never buy champs immediately anyway, so...

Good going Riot. +1

CakeDoer

12-20-2012

That's awesome! Thanks Riot. I have all of them but Renekton, Brand and Vayne, so I guess I'll be picking her up, at least.

Deadmond

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik View Post
they're giving us more time to farm for that IP now, plus its only for the first week

it's not bad, I think I like this.
Oh, so... They are giving us more time to farm more IP? You do realize this change just costs us more time, right?

Regardless, I'm glad we're finally getting regulamentation over price reductions.

Ch0gath

12-20-2012

wow great changes! thanks for listening to the community, riot!

Pie Kills

12-20-2012

Oh god.. Ezreal cheaper? Riot's most money making champion from popularity and skins cheaper?
*Prepares for epic nerf *-*)

1ColonelSanders

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik View Post
they're giving us more time to farm for that IP now, plus its only for the first week

it's not bad, I think I like this.

edit: maybe this will somewhat stop the massive amount of people playing new champs on release. Some people will want to get after the week to save up IP.
So not only do we have to wait longer for new champions to come out, but we have to wait another week after that to buy them at normal price. That is a bad thing

Rustmaker

12-20-2012

I actually really like the 7800 thing on first week. It benefits Riot by encouraging people to buy the champion with RP if they really want to buy it early and it benefits the players as a whole because discourages "impulse" buys and an over-saturation of the new champs seeing play (at least for the first week).

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Out of the damn park Hippalus! That ball landed in a nearby industrial complex!

Great work. Very happy Riot's got you around. Hilariously I only don't own Vladamir. Ah well this will make it easier to catch up and hit 100% champions...over time.

Brohheme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

the 7800 price point is strictly just to make impatient people buy new champs with rp to make more money the first week

FOODFOOD

12-20-2012

Glad to see Hippalus doing something right!

Now that "reducing 4800ip pricing to 450ip," I'll believe it when I see it. If any 4800 ips are ever reduced to lower than 3150, I'll **** a brick.

The thing I'm most excited about, though, is that there's going to be more time within new champs. LoL needed that desperately.