My ABAM Tier List

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztophat View Post
Also Maokai should be tier 1 if only because having him on the team means you always control the bushes and the abundance of spell casts means his passive is always up.
I find him more of an annoyance than anything in teamfights. His poke is unreliable, and although offers great CC he is mostly a midgame champ. He does have a great heal...hrm...maybe I will move him a little. He was one of the ones I was a little on the fence about. The fact remains he isn't a great poker nor does great damage lategame, but he is annoying to deal with and hard to deal with when their team is bearing down on you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zztophat

Senior Member

12-20-2012

He's a tank you can't afford to ignore, the best kind of tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Evelynn (0->N) : Nothing to do with her, she has no dashes, no vision, no passive, no poke, no sustain, NOTHING! She is however close to 4-low since her damage end-game is nice.
I've actually had quite the opposite take with Evelynn. You wait 'til 6, then wait for a fight to happen. She has a ridiculous burst and chase phase that lets you initiate and clean up real nice. I personally run spellvamp quints on her which makes a huge difference early on, but I agree her pre-6 is annoying as all hell. But her power skyrockets then, and a properly laid ult does stupid things. Rush DFG, pick your moment, and let them know you are queen on the DPS. Again, hard to play but spectacular when played correctly. I'll take what you say into consideration, but I am unsure of this one. I might move her lower, but maybe just one tier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztophat View Post
He's a tank you can't afford to ignore, the best kind of tank.
Meh. I find him more ignorable if he is tanky, and if he's built for damage he melts. He isn't a true tank like Mundo who scares the bejebus out of me when he runs at me due to damage, but he does make you pause and think. I moved him a little to reflect that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Well, since I seem to disagree with a lot of your opinions, here are all champs, what tier you put them in, what tier I would put them in, and why. However, please understand that I use DPMB (Draft Pick, Murder Bridge) for my tiers, since it has deeper strategies than blind, since you can actually react to the opponents' picks. I also made the ranking with 14 tiers, basically God->1-4->Nope, with each of 1 to 4 being split in high, mid, low.

Champion (YourTier->MyTier) : explanation
Ahri (1->1) : Excellent poke, has an hard CC, a lot of mobility and decent sustain. Has True damage to counter MR stacking, not too mana hungry.
Akali (1->2-high) : Imo, akali is pretty average, she offers very few things early on, and has no escapes, so if she get caught, she dies.
Alistar (2->1-low) : Terribly tanky, has an AoE heal to sustain early before everyone has real items, offers a ****load of hard CC.
Amumu (4->3) : Once again, his CC is the point that makes him go a bit higher. His ultimate is basically good in any teams. He can be built tank and/or AP and thus can adapt to different developments. Still the fact that he is so squishy early on while also having no escapes relegates him to lower tiers.
Anivia (2->2) : Excellent wave clear will hold up early to siege the enemy tower or repel a siege. Also offer a reliable AoE stun and broken single-target damages. The higher mana regen makes her slightly less mana hungry, grabbing athena makes it impossible to run oom.
Annie (2->3) : She doesn't offer anything particular, she basically has a huge AoE burst with her ult as well as a reliable stun once in a while. Her extended AA range makes her a little bit safer, but still nothing really amazing. Nowhere comparable to Anivia/Akali/Diana imo)
Ashe (3->1-low) : She has an amazing AoE poke that costs little to no mana, a built-in kiting tool to counter the initiation from the enemy bruiser (allowing for easier peel), a nasty initiation tool as her ult but most of all, you can basically store some crits whenever you want. She also can reveal the brushes which I find really nice (FacecheckGG).
Blitzcrank (G->G) : 'nuff said.
Brand (3->3-low) : He brings nice AoE damage but is pretty mana hungry early on and relies on AP making him either glass cannon or less effective. Lacks the range to be built glass cannon and thus ends up low.
Caitlynn (2->2-low) : She has a long range and nasty pokes (Q/R), some mistake-creators (traps), an escape tool to kite their initiations, and nice damages. She also has a nice synergy with Runaan. However, the lack of real brushes makes her passive a lot less useful.
Cassiopeia (3->3) : She basically offers what Anivia offers, but without the reliable CC (but a bit more dps, however tanky cass isn't that good)
Cho'Gath (2->1-high) : Terribly tanky and doesn't need item to hurt, also heals himself from kills and has a very high base AD. Also offers tons of CC (can basically stop someone from comboing for like 5s). His ult dealing true damage makes it so he doesn't need to itemize for damages.
Corki (3->3) : Doesn't offer anything special, he has an escape, some AoE, some True Damage... but nothing that makes him a "good" pick.His only real poke unlocks at 6.
Darius (3->2) : He can be deceptively strong while built very tanky (like BT and/or Hydra + 4-5 tank item). His Q allows him to attack a whole teamfight and a bit like Katarina he can just terminate teamfights on the spot allowing for a nice push.
Diana (1->2-high) : See Akali, I consider them very similar, one has a shield while the other has sustain, one has a good burst over 6-7s, the other a slightly better one over ~11-12... Still wonderful as a cleanup crew. Also reveals in brushes.
Dr. Mundo (G->1) : Unfortunately, he is very counterable by ignite/Morello/EC. Also, he neds up with only 3 real abilities, his fire becoming negligible as game goes.
Draven (3->4-high) : The fact that everyone knows where he's going makes it a bit risky in teamfights, most of the time you won't be able to catch axes which leads to a huge loss of mana.
Elise (N->3-low) : She offers some nasty utility and damages, but still not enough to justify putting her any higher than that...
Evelynn (0->N) : Nothing to do with her, she has no dashes, no vision, no passive, no poke, no sustain, NOTHING! She is however close to 4-low since her damage end-game is nice.
Ezreal (1->1-high) : Excellent poke, when paired with TF/FF + Shyv + BC + LW, it makes him able to kite anything and everything at the same time.

EDIT : I hit submit by mistake, will continue editing the other champions in. (will finish tomorrow)
Oh and thank you for doing this. I know it was a lot of work!!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ploki122

Senior Member

12-20-2012

50 champs done in my post, only 59 to go (I'll need to reformat a bit /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
Oh and thank you for doing this. I know it was a lot of work!!!!
np, I plan on posting a thread of my own once I'm done with that about what I think are PG's/ARAM's problems, why and how to fix them. So creating that list kinda prepares me for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Well, since I seem to disagree with a lot of your opinions, here are all champs, what tier you put them in, what tier I would put them in, and why. However, please understand that I use DPMB (Draft Pick, Murder Bridge) for my tiers, since it has deeper strategies than blind, since you can actually react to the opponents' picks. I also made the ranking with 14 tiers, basically God->1-4->Nope, with each of 1 to 4 being split in high, mid, low.

Champion (YourTier->MyTier) : explanation
Ahri (1->1) : Excellent poke, has an hard CC, a lot of mobility and decent sustain. Has True damage to counter MR stacking, not too mana hungry.
Akali (1->2-high) : Imo, akali is pretty average, she offers very few things early on, and has no escapes, so if she get caught, she dies.
Alistar (2->1-low) : Terribly tanky, has an AoE heal to sustain early before everyone has real items, offers a ****load of hard CC.
Amumu (4->3) : Once again, his CC is the point that makes him go a bit higher. His ultimate is basically good in any teams. He can be built tank and/or AP and thus can adapt to different developments. Still the fact that he is so squishy early on while also having no escapes relegates him to lower tiers.
Anivia (2->2) : Excellent wave clear will hold up early to siege the enemy tower or repel a siege. Also offer a reliable AoE stun and broken single-target damages. The higher mana regen makes her slightly less mana hungry, grabbing athena makes it impossible to run oom.
Annie (2->3) : She doesn't offer anything particular, she basically has a huge AoE burst with her ult as well as a reliable stun once in a while. Her extended AA range makes her a little bit safer, but still nothing really amazing. Nowhere comparable to Anivia/Akali/Diana imo)
Ashe (3->1-low) : She has an amazing AoE poke that costs little to no mana, a built-in kiting tool to counter the initiation from the enemy bruiser (allowing for easier peel), a nasty initiation tool as her ult but most of all, you can basically store some crits whenever you want. She also can reveal the brushes which I find really nice (FacecheckGG).
Blitzcrank (G->G) : 'nuff said.
Brand (3->3-low) : He brings nice AoE damage but is pretty mana hungry early on and relies on AP making him either glass cannon or less effective. Lacks the range to be built glass cannon and thus ends up low.
Caitlyn (2->2-low) : She has a long range and nasty pokes (Q/R), some mistake-creators (traps), an escape tool to kite their initiations, and nice damages. She also has a nice synergy with Runaan. However, the lack of real brushes makes her passive a lot less useful.
Cassiopeia (3->3) : She basically offers what Anivia offers, but without the reliable CC (but a bit more dps, however tanky cass isn't that good)
Cho'Gath (2->1-high) : Terribly tanky and doesn't need item to hurt, also heals himself from kills and has a very high base AD. Also offers tons of CC (can basically stop someone from comboing for like 5s). His ult dealing true damage makes it so he doesn't need to itemize for damages.
Corki (3->3) : Doesn't offer anything special, he has an escape, some AoE, some True Damage... but nothing that makes him a "good" pick.His only real poke unlocks at 6.
Darius (3->2) : He can be deceptively strong while built very tanky (like BT and/or Hydra + 4-5 tank item). His Q allows him to attack a whole teamfight and a bit like Katarina he can just terminate teamfights on the spot allowing for a nice push.
Diana (1->2-high) : See Akali, I consider them very similar, one has a shield while the other has sustain, one has a good burst over 6-7s, the other a slightly better one over ~11-12... Still wonderful as a cleanup crew. Also reveals in brushes.
Dr. Mundo (G->1) : Unfortunately, he is very counterable by ignite/Morello/EC. Also, he neds up with only 3 real abilities, his fire becoming negligible as game goes.
Draven (3->4-high) : The fact that everyone knows where he's going makes it a bit risky in teamfights, most of the time you won't be able to catch axes which leads to a huge loss of mana.
Elise (N->3-low) : She offers some nasty utility and damages, but still not enough to justify putting her any higher than that...
Evelynn (0->N) : Nothing to do with her, she has no dashes, no vision, no passive, no poke, no sustain, NOTHING! She is however close to 4-low since her damage end-game is nice.
Ezreal (1->1-high) : Excellent poke, when paired with TF/FF + Shyv + BC + LW, it makes him able to kite anything and everything at the same time.
Fiddlesticks (1->G) : 3s Fear, his ultimate, infinite sustain and a super mega long range bouncing poke. I honestly believe a 5-fidd team can't lose. This is one of the few champions that can actually be built glass cannon until very late game.
Fiora (4->3-low) :She is useless like every AD carries/assassins, her only few key points that salvage her from the depth is her passive sustain as well as the gargantuan early damage and her ult making her sure to deal damage for a bit more when you're low on hp.
Fizz (4->2-high) : He is uncatchable, has a troll poll that is always up as well as a very great burst. The only thing that keeps him from raising higher is his lack of real AoE.
Galio (1->2) : Apart from his ult, he isn't very useful... the Bulwark is handy to heal himself back up a bit, the other 2 abilities to poke, but I don't find him too reliable.
Gangplank (3->3-high) : His ability to rack up assists really easily thanks to his Morale thingy added on his Parrrrley makes him become wealthy extremely fast. Parrrrley + Hydra + FrozenFist + Shiv is sure to create a surprise in the middle of their team.
Garen (3->2) : His passive and the fact that he is manaless make it so he never has to grab a relic. Hes spin to win also deals quite a bit of damage no matter your build and the fact that stacking hp is so useful on PG makes it even better for him.
Gragas (3->2) : Another one that never has to touch a relic. you can basically build AP bruiser and spam all of your skills to shred them slowly while healing yourself. however, the fact that all his damages are delayed takes him back a bit.
Graves (3->3) : A standard adc. Low range, high defense. Not much to be said, he's neutral.
Hecarim (N->4) : The only reason I moved him from nope to 4 is that he simply can't be compared to trundle/udyr... He still has some handy forms of diving, sustain and CC, making him at least disruptive. Trundle isn't disruptive, and Udyr isn't period.
Heimerdinger (1->2-high) : The fact that his missiles aim for minions and that his bomb is terrislow makes him worse than Ahri/Ashe/Cho/etc. Otherwise, he offers good damages as well as nice clearing power.
Irelia (3->3-high) : A bit useless early, she makes up for it with a strong mid/end-game. has a reliable CC as well as a handy diving tool and some amazing sustain.
Janna (2->2) : Offers utility, damage, heal. Everything that can be asked, but still not comparable to Tier 1.
Jarvan IV (3->3) : Like graves, he gets the job done, nothing more, nothing less.
Jax (4->3) : Similar to J4, basically he can dive the carries and deal neat damages to them, still not a reliable pick.
Jayce (G->G) : Not much to be said here, he has pretty strong poke (terribly strong early), mobility, %hp dmg, CC, gap closers, ranged AA, mana sustain, armor/mr boost... you name it he has it.
Karma (1->G) : The only champion I find more outrageous than Fidd/Jayce. Everything she does, she does it AoE. If you've ever seen a good Karma, the game was probably 1-sided. Karma can win 4v5.
Karthus (G->1) : Swapped with Yi, because Yi can reset his kit making him easier to snowball/clear. If karthus is kited/CC'd->killed, he is useless for a whole death recap, putting his team in deep ****. Paired with karma, they become SS ranks.
Kassadin (1->1) : A nice assassin with a gap closer, burst and escape all of them on fairly short cd. Also, his slow is balanced around an SR game, so he is basically OP on this map due to the amount of casts being multiplied by ~2-3 probably.
Katarina (1-high->1-high) : Refresh OP.
Kayle (1->2) : I really don't think Kayle is reliable enough to be in Tier 1. His early game is pretty weak and he offers little to nothing.
Kennen (3->1) : He is manaless, has a high range poke with nasty damage, his ult take up 75% of the map, and he has an escape/init move. He can also ministun enemies making it easier to land skillshots (looking at you blitz).
Kha'Zix (1->1) : offers some nasty poke/sustain with his missiles, even better once upgraded. Can also be used to clean up once jump is upgraded And boosting his claws will simply allow him to assassinate carries.
Kog'Maw (1->1) : Dat Range
LeBlanc (2->2) : She has T1 potential, but can't carry. So her job is to shut the enemy team hard enough that her carries seem fed although they are simply less behind.
Lee Sin (4->3-high) : Versatile, can be built for DPS or tank, offers a huge displacement with his ult.
Leona (3->3-high) : Is naturally tanky, benefits from stacking health (since she has built-in MR/Armor). Gives some nasty CC and 2 great initiation tools.
Lulu (0->3) : Offers Poke and CC, nothing really more...
Lux (1->G) : Replaces Nidalee because she can hit through minions in an AoE and her laser is way too useful. Shoot laser; Win Game.
Malphite (1->G) : With Armor your can basically ignore towers and fountain, and malphite is the king of armor. Needless to say that there was a reason the chose revert their change when they removed 1 nexus tower; A team that can ignore the towers is sure to win.
Malzahar (3->3) : Nothing interesting happens. Nah but really, he has some pushing power, and his dot can be annoying, but he isn't much more than annoying.
Maokai
Master Yi
Miss Fortune
Mordekaiser
Morgana
Nami



EDIT : I hit submit by mistake, will continue editing the other champions in. (will finish tomorrow)

P.s. Caitlyn got a typo (Cailtyn)
Changed some more things around. Again, I didn't agree with EVERYTHING, but I darn sure made sure a couple of champs rose and fell. Thank you so much!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SylianEUW

Senior Member

12-20-2012

I think you underestimate the value of hard cc initiation tanks, such as Amumu, Leona and Sejuani. Granted, they do compete with Malphite, but unless this list is based on competetive ABAM where only the best of the best is picked, I don't see why these champions shouldn't be higher on the list.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kr1sys

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Draven (3->4+) : The fact that everyone knows where he's going makes it a bit risky in teamfights, most of the time you won't be able to catch axes which leads to a huge loss of mana.
This one I really can't agree with. Couple of things. Mana use is larger when he actually catches the axes and refreshes his W. Losing a Q is just 40 mana and not even an issue at level 1 in SR, and letting them drop is preferable early game anyways if the team is focusing on you trying to catch those.

That said, He can easily be caught and isn't as safe as other carries, but his damage and ult are very strong, especially considering how grouped up everyone will be his ult is bound to hit several champs if not all if used properly. Additionally, since he lacks poke, he will stay back keeping him in safe position until he needs to do some damage.

I will probably revisit when you update, but just wanted to point out, I don't think he's a 4+, maybe a 2 or 2- at the lowest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kr1sys

Senior Member

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killzerz View Post
I've actually had quite the opposite take with Evelynn. You wait 'til 6, then wait for a fight to happen. She has a ridiculous burst and chase phase that lets you initiate and clean up real nice. I personally run spellvamp quints on her which makes a huge difference early on, but I agree her pre-6 is annoying as all hell. But her power skyrockets then, and a properly laid ult does stupid things. Rush DFG, pick your moment, and let them know you are queen on the DPS. Again, hard to play but spectacular when played correctly. I'll take what you say into consideration, but I am unsure of this one. I might move her lower, but maybe just one tier.
I think that's the only issue with her, pre-6 you pretty much do nothing with her. If you engage it'll be after the burst, and you have to have someone else initiate. If she gets caught, she dies. I've had some really good games with her and some really bad ones, she's not a very safe(good) pick


123456 ... 9