My ABAM Tier List

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

12-19-2012

Why ABAM not ARAM? ARAM relies on way too much luck, so instead I will look at ABAM which allows for some actual strategies for picking. No reason for a tier list in a truly random gametype, you are stuck with what you get!

God tier: Sona, Nidalee, Jayce, Master Yi, Alistar, Caitlyn, Malphite

Tier 1: Blitzcrank, Lux, Varus, Karthus, Xerath, Dr. Mundo, Fiddlesticks, Katarina, Ahri, Ezreal, Zyra, Urgot, Zilean, Kassadin, Talon, Kayle, Kha'Zix, Karma, Kog'Maw, Miss Fortune, Elise, Mordekaiser, Nami, Janna, Olaf, Quinn, Pantheon, Akali, Ryze, Swain, Cho'Gath, Galio, Lulu, Sivir, Heimerdinger, Darius

Tier 2: Yorick, Garen, Gragas, Maokai, Nunu, Ziggs, Twisted Fate, Teemo, Diana, Anivia, Syndra, Vlad, LeBlanc, Orianna, Jarvan IV, Draven, Graves, Brand, Fizz, Nasus, Riven, Taric, Soraka, Annie, Veigar, Wukong, Leona, Rumble, Xin Zhao, Twitch, Ashe

Tier 3: Eve, Renekton, Gangplank, Irelia, Cassiopiea, Fiora, Kennen, Malzahar, Morgana, Nautilus, Corki, Poppy, Rengar, Shaco, Shen, Viktor, Amumu, Sejuani, Lee Sin

Tier 4: Vayne, Tristana, Jax, Warwick, Nocturne, Rammus, Singed, Skarner, Volibear, Hecarim, Shyvana, Zed

NOPE Tier: Tryndamere, Udyr, Trundle, Sion

[B]

Also I'm sure not everyone is going to agree with everything. If it is mostly correct, please upvote. I realize you have had different experiences then me, so just explain why I should move them.

Tiers reflect a lot of versatility too. Just because someone is in tier 4 doesn't mean they are unpickable. Vayne + Nunu is scary as hell, as is Jax or Volibear who hit lategame. However, you either have to be very careful with them or have a very specific strategy, whereas if I pick Sona or Zyra or Ziggs or Jayce or Blitzcrank I really don't have to worry or rely on anyone TOO much as long as all the major roles are filled. Again, I'm not saying anybody tier 4 and above are bad, but they generally require far more strategy the lower the tier is.

EDIT: And please stop downvoting me because your favorite champ isn't exactly where you would like it. If I discuss with you why people aren't higher, this is a personal opinion, don't take it as an attack! Everyone sees different games!

reallyslowloader

12-19-2012

Lux is so strong in aram. The lasers and the snares.

Killzerz

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallyslowloader View Post
Lux is so strong in aram. The lasers and the snares.
Yep, Near top of tier 1. I can't play her for jack myself, but good Luxs scare the hell outta me. The other champs in front of her are very, very strong as well, I'm considering moving them around. Still, Karthus as a full-on DPSer is scarier than Lux, and he has a huge wall to slow as well for zoning. That's the only reason why I put Lux in tier 1 and not god tier, god tier is for basically the best in their category, and Lux is pretty much 2nd. Still really damn strong!

ploki122

12-19-2012

Well, since I seem to disagree with a lot of your opinions, here are all champs, what tier you put them in, what tier I would put them in, and why. However, please understand that I use DPMB (Draft Pick, Murder Bridge) for my tiers, since it has deeper strategies than blind, since you can actually react to the opponents' picks. I also made the ranking with 14 tiers, basically God->1-4->Nope, with each of 1 to 4 being split in high, mid, low.

Champion (YourTier->MyTier) : explanation
Ahri (1->1) : Excellent poke, has an hard CC, a lot of mobility and decent sustain. Has True damage to counter MR stacking, not too mana hungry.
Akali (1->2-) : Imo, akali is pretty average, she offers very few things early on, and has no escapes, so if she get caught, she dies.
Alistar (2->1-) : Terribly tanky, has an AoE heal to sustain early before everyone has real items, offers a ****load of hard CC.
Amumu (4->3) : Once again, his CC is the point that makes him go a bit higher. His ultimate is basically good in any teams. He can be built tank and/or AP and thus can adapt to different developments. Still the fact that he is so squishy early on while also having no escapes relegates him to lower tiers.
Anivia (2->2) : Excellent wave clear will hold up early to siege the enemy tower or repel a siege. Also offer a reliable AoE stun and broken single-target damages. The higher mana regen makes her slightly less mana hungry, grabbing athena makes it impossible to run oom.
Annie (2->3) : She doesn't offer anything particular, she basically has a huge AoE burst with her ult as well as a reliable stun once in a while. Her extended AA range makes her a little bit safer, but still nothing really amazing. Nowhere comparable to Anivia/Akali/Diana imo)
Ashe (3->1-) : She has an amazing AoE poke that costs little to no mana, a built-in kiting tool to counter the initiation from the enemy bruiser (allowing for easier peel), a nasty initiation tool as her ult but most of all, you can basically store some crits whenever you want. She also can reveal the brushes which I find really nice (FacecheckGG).
Blitzcrank (G->G) : 'nuff said.
Brand (3->3-) : He brings nice AoE damage but is pretty mana hungry early on and relies on AP making him either glass cannon or less effective. Lacks the range to be built glass cannon and thus ends up low.
Caitlyn (2->2-) : She has a long range and nasty pokes (Q/R), some mistake-creators (traps), an escape tool to kite their initiations, and nice damages. She also has a nice synergy with Runaan. However, the lack of real brushes makes her passive a lot less useful.
Cassiopeia (3->3) : She basically offers what Anivia offers, but without the reliable CC (but a bit more dps, however tanky cass isn't that good)
Cho'Gath (2->1+) : Terribly tanky and doesn't need item to hurt, also heals himself from kills and has a very high base AD. Also offers tons of CC (can basically stop someone from comboing for like 5s). His ult dealing true damage makes it so he doesn't need to itemize for damages.
Corki (3->3) : Doesn't offer anything special, he has an escape, some AoE, some True Damage... but nothing that makes him a "good" pick.His only real poke unlocks at 6.
Darius (3->2) : He can be deceptively strong while built very tanky (like BT and/or Hydra + 4-5 tank item). His Q allows him to attack a whole teamfight and a bit like Katarina he can just terminate teamfights on the spot allowing for a nice push.
Diana (1->2+) : See Akali, I consider them very similar, one has a shield while the other has sustain, one has a good burst over 6-7s, the other a slightly better one over ~11-12... Still wonderful as a cleanup crew. Also reveals in brushes.
Dr. Mundo (G->1) : Unfortunately, he is very counterable by ignite/Morello/EC. Also, he neds up with only 3 real abilities, his fire becoming negligible as game goes.
Draven (3->4+) : The fact that everyone knows where he's going makes it a bit risky in teamfights, most of the time you won't be able to catch axes which leads to a huge loss of mana.
Elise (N->3-) : She offers some nasty utility and damages, but still not enough to justify putting her any higher than that...
Evelynn (0->4) : Nothing to do with her, she has no dashes, no vision, no passive, no poke, no sustain, NOTHING! Only thing that kept her away from NOPE Tier is her mid/late game aka ultimate.
Ezreal (1->1+) : Excellent poke, when paired with TF/FF + Shyv + BC + LW, it makes him able to kite anything and everything at the same time.
Fiddlesticks (1->G) : 3s Fear, his ultimate, infinite sustain and a super mega long range bouncing poke. I honestly believe a 5-fidd team can't lose. This is one of the few champions that can actually be built glass cannon until very late game.
Fiora (4->3-) :She is useless like every AD carries/assassins, her only few key points that salvage her from the depth is her passive sustain as well as the gargantuan early damage and her ult making her sure to deal damage for a bit more when you're low on hp.
Fizz (4->2+) : He is uncatchable, has a troll poll that is always up as well as a very great burst. The only thing that keeps him from raising higher is his lack of real AoE.
Galio (1->2) : Apart from his ult, he isn't very useful... the Bulwark is handy to heal himself back up a bit, the other 2 abilities to poke, but I don't find him too reliable.
Gangplank (3->3+) : His ability to rack up assists really easily thanks to his Morale thingy added on his Parrrrley makes him become wealthy extremely fast. Parrrrley + Hydra + FrozenFist + Shiv is sure to create a surprise in the middle of their team.
Garen (3->2) : His passive and the fact that he is manaless make it so he never has to grab a relic. Hes spin to win also deals quite a bit of damage no matter your build and the fact that stacking hp is so useful on PG makes it even better for him.
Gragas (3->2) : Another one that never has to touch a relic. you can basically build AP bruiser and spam all of your skills to shred them slowly while healing yourself. however, the fact that all his damages are delayed takes him back a bit.
Graves (3->3) : A standard adc. Low range, high defense. Not much to be said, he's neutral.
Hecarim (N->4) : The only reason I moved him from nope to 4 is that he simply can't be compared to trundle/udyr... He still has some handy forms of diving, sustain and CC, making him at least disruptive. Trundle isn't disruptive, and Udyr isn't period.
Heimerdinger (1->2+) : The fact that his missiles aim for minions and that his bomb is terrislow makes him worse than Ahri/Ashe/Cho/etc. Otherwise, he offers good damages as well as nice clearing power.
Irelia (3->3+) : A bit useless early, she makes up for it with a strong mid/end-game. has a reliable CC as well as a handy diving tool and some amazing sustain.
Janna (2->2) : Offers utility, damage, heal. Everything that can be asked, but still not comparable to Tier 1.
Jarvan IV (3->3) : Like graves, he gets the job done, nothing more, nothing less.
Jax (4->3) : Similar to J4, basically he can dive the carries and deal neat damages to them, still not a reliable pick.
Jayce (G->G) : Not much to be said here, he has pretty strong poke (terribly strong early), mobility, %hp dmg, CC, gap closers, ranged AA, mana sustain, armor/mr boost... you name it he has it.
Karma (1->G) : The only champion I find more outrageous than Fidd/Jayce. Everything she does, she does it AoE. If you've ever seen a good Karma, the game was probably 1-sided. Karma can win 4v5.
Karthus (G->1) : Swapped with Yi, because Yi can reset his kit making him easier to snowball/clear. If karthus is kited/CC'd->killed, he is useless for a whole death recap, putting his team in deep ****. Paired with karma, they become SS ranks.
Kassadin (1->1) : A nice assassin with a gap closer, burst and escape all of them on fairly short cd. Also, his slow is balanced around an SR game, so he is basically OP on this map due to the amount of casts being multiplied by ~2-3 probably.
Katarina (1->1+) : Refresh OP.
Kayle (1->2) : I really don't think Kayle is reliable enough to be in Tier 1. His early game is pretty weak and he offers little to nothing.
Kennen (3->1) : He is manaless, has a high range poke with nasty damage, his ult take up 75% of the map, and he has an escape/init move. He can also ministun enemies making it easier to land skillshots (looking at you blitz).
Kha'Zix (1->1) : offers some nasty poke/sustain with his missiles, even better once upgraded. Can also be used to clean up once jump is upgraded And boosting his claws will simply allow him to assassinate carries.
Kog'Maw (1->1) : Dat Range
LeBlanc (2->2) : She has T1 potential, but can't carry. So her job is to shut the enemy team hard enough that her carries seem fed although they are simply less behind.
Lee Sin (4->3+) : Versatile, can be built for DPS or tank, offers a huge displacement with his ult.
Leona (3->3+) : Is naturally tanky, benefits from stacking health (since she has built-in MR/Armor). Gives some nasty CC and 2 great initiation tools.
Lulu (0->3) : Offers Poke and CC, nothing really more...
Lux (1->G) : Replaces Nidalee because she can hit through minions in an AoE and her laser is way too useful. Shoot laser; Win Game.
Malphite (1->G) : With Armor your can basically ignore towers and fountain, and malphite is the king of armor. Needless to say that there was a reason the chose revert their change when they removed 1 nexus tower; A team that can ignore the towers is sure to win.
Malzahar (3->3) : Nothing interesting happens. Nah but really, he has some pushing power, and his dot can be annoying, but he isn't much more than annoying.
Maokai (2->2+) : He' s pretty much this game's biggest nuisance, but he's still not enough of a threat to be classified Rank 1.
Master Yi (1->G) : The only thing that basically makes him stronger than karthus imo, is the refresh on his ultimate. Basically, his heal pretty much makes up for karth passive's and their damage/utility are similar.
Miss Fortune (1->2) : Her ult and make it rain make her a little bit more useful than most ADC on this map, but the fact that she lacks a reliable and strong poke prevents her from ranking higher.
Mordekaiser (1->1) : The ghost is op, and you can't not get a ghost.
Morgana (3->2-) : She a big nuisance, got a MR shred which is useful on this map since there are a lot of mages, and tons of CC. requires you to take flash and Zhonya, but is worth the hassle.
Nami (1->1-) : She's quite useful since she has a reliable stun, an anti-poke heal, a kiting tool for the adc. Also her ult takes like half the length of the lane and 3/4 its width. However, there are better supports (Sona/Karma).
Nasus (4->3+) : Built as a tank he offers some decent damage as well as some utility. Built as AP he offers some decent damage as well as some utility. His armor shread can make AD-centric teams work.
Nautilus (3->3+) : He's a weak blitz. He has a huge lot of CC, but gets in trouble to use it.
Nidalee (G->1) : Spears are actually dodgeable at least a bit and she falls off pretty quickly. Still when she does her job well, she doe one heck of a job.
Nocturne (4->4-) : Only thing that prevent me from putting him in NOPE is that he has his ult for a gap closer. I've yet to find useful when playing Noct in ARAM.
Nunu (1->2-) : Useful, his ult can create some unexpected plays, but he simply don't have the impact that T1 has.
Olaf (2->2) : A T3+ champion (poke, sustain) made better by his immunity to cc for a "small" period of time.
Orianna (2->1) : A bit like Fiddle she can simply poe everything from so far away that she can easily build glass cannon. However, she has much less CC, traded against some bursts.
Pantheon (1->1) : His ability to apply BC to the whole enemy team, to ignore towers shots, to execute himself, everything about him just makes the game that much easier.
Poppy (3->2-) : Only thing that prevents her from being GODLY is that she is unreliable and takes MUCH more time than Eve before she gets strong enough to walk alone. Still, she is the most abusive end-game champion.
Rammus (4->4) : See hecarim, it's identical except that rammus has a bit more pushing power thanks to his ult that owrks on towers.
Renekton (1->2+) : Once melee carries become viable, renekton jumps to godly...he has si much utility that he can basically just do whatever he likes on that small map as long as he's not CC'd.
Rengar (3->2) : Only useful as a cleanup crew, but does it wonderfully well. Can also get semi-fed early by bursting carries down. His sustain is epic.
Riven (2->1) : Riven is plain broken, right now, no matter the game mode, if she gets slightly ahead, it's gg. And it's pretty easy to get ahead...
Rumble (3->3) : Sustain, Poke, he has them both. On top of that you can add a huge AoE that can casically shape the field however he likes.
Ryze (2->2) : He can be built very tanky and still do enormous damages.
Sejuani (3->3+) : Anyone that scales with tankiness can't go below 3. On top of that she has an excellent ult and a perma slow.
Shaco (3->3-) : He suffer from the melee carry syndrom. The only way to play him is to be an annoying AP shaco that can't do as well as most other APC.
Shen (3->3+) : AoE CC, a couple of utility to save your own team. Can serve as a peel-tank. For more detail, see Sejuani.
Shyvana (4->4-) : She has no poke, She doesn't do any real big damage unless she builds it and has little to no innate defense unless she ults and her ult is definitely not always up.
Singed (4->3-) : He has such an easy time to become tanky that he's a bit better than other tank-only champs. However, he's still exactly that, a pure tank.
Sion (N->N) : AD, he's trash because of how kiteable he is (see Udyr), AP he is trash 80% of the time and has a nice burst the other 20%. If their team has a decent tank/support, he can soak your burst to nothing meaning you are completely shut down.
Sivir (3->G) : Her pokes are as easy and frequent as Ashe's, but she has much, much, much more DPS end-game. Starting with brutalizer and ArPen and/or AD runes let you nearly 1-hit some squishies with Q.
Skarner (4->3-) : He is really kiteable, but once he catches onto something, he hits it hard... very...
Sona (1->1+) : Amazing sustain and utility, pretty much what you look for on a support. A bit on the squishy side tho and having a diver on the opposing team can force you to ult when yo uwouldn't want to.
Soraka (2->2+) : Great sustain, but the cd on her things is quite high. Could be used as a shredder tank and maybe reach 1-. But for now she stays here.
Swain (1->2+) : His kit isn't very ARAM-like except for his ult...he has DoTs and one even has a tether. Replace his ult by one like Ashe's and he gets moved to 3-4... but, fortunately for him, his ult alone can shake the bridge.
Syndra (1->2) : Too reliant on team comp, basically anything she can do can be done better by someone else. What she has is safety, so if you plan on playing something like protect the Kog, Syndra is the go-to. Otherwise she's just a safe mage.
Talon (1->2) : He's an average assassin except that his ult prevents him from assassinating as frequently as Kassadin/Akali/Diana.
Taric (2->2) : He's useful as a tank, can be built AP bruiser for increased heal. His stun can create opportunities and if you have a lot of AD on your team, shatter is fappable.
Teemo (1->2+) : His shortsightedness makes him really easy to focus down. However he does give you brush/heal control until someone buys oracle.
Tristana (4->2-) : Just don't play her AP. What you want in ARAM is reliable, constant damage, and she has the 2nd highest Attack range of all ADC as well as a neat mobility trick.
Trundle (N->N) : He doesn't offer enough utility for his little damages.
Tryndamere (N->4) : Manaless healing isn't to be shunned on; the fact that relics now give fury makes him even better. Taking a few AP (Gunblade, Banner, Guinsoo, etc.) isn't a bad idea.
Twisted Fate (2->1) : Amazing pokes, basically manaless, has some useful cc and an executed on demand.
Twitch (3->3-) : He suffers from the ADC syndrome, and has no real kiting or anything else that would break away from that syndrome.
Udyr (N->N-) : until he gets a dudyr skin, he won't even reach the average NOPE tier.
Urgot (1->2+) : Apart form his Q (+W/E for added effects), he doesn't have anything to save him from the ADC complex. Also his ult isn't frequently really useful in PG.
Varus (1->1) : His blight quivers + ultimate snare saves him a lot of trouble when it comes to ADCing. Basically, you chunk % hp, and even more if you build AP (yup, you understood this one well, varus isn't really an ADC on PG).
Vayne (4->4) : ADC syndrom, and the "protect the X" are harder to pull on PG.
Veigar (2->2) : He will basically shut down 1 of their teammate. Nothing more is really needed, but he still has one mofo huge stun.
Vi (?->1-) : Haven't tried her yet, but my guess would be somewhere around Tier 1-2. Basically, she has the shield + ultimate to be able to dive their team, with a kit to quickly dish out some major punishments and her Q can get her away from trouble. Imo, she would be a really troublesome opponent that doens't really need to build a lot of damage to be able to execute your main damage source.
Viktor (3->2-) : His stun is good enough to make anyone rage, his laser allows him to have a really wonderful poke. However, his passives right now is kind of a let down and until the 2nd evolutions come out, he can't reach 2+/1-.
Vladimir (1->1+) : A tanky, AoE sustainy mage with his troll pool... nuff said.
Volibear (4->2-) : I honestly think that right now, due to its conceptual flaws, he will juggle between 2 and 4. As of the latest patch I played him ({12/16), his bite dealt a HUGE amount of damage, and his Q, although not a real gap closer, really helped him catching a lot of ennemies off guard. He can basically be a fighter while building teribly tanky.
Warwick (4->3+) : He is incredibly sustainy, that alone can carry him out of a game with some amazing results.
Wukong (2->3+) : He suffers fro exactly the same problems as Xin, Ww, J4, etc. : kiting.
Xerath (1->1+) : He has built-in pen, he has amazing range, he has CC... He can basically build glass cannon and unless they have an excelletn diver and you have absolutely no peel, they will have a hard time to stop you.
Xin Zhao (2->3) : See Wukong, but basically melee ADC..
Yorick (1->1) : He can build tanky without any problem. And his green ghoul can stop a lot of skillshots without any major problems.
Zed (4->2) : His ranged damages can pretty much be ignored. However, they are still present and his clone can still be used for map control.
Ziggs (1->1) : Pretty much like Lux, he has insane damage at insane range.
Zilean (1->2+) : While his ult is handy, he is way too squishy to effectively use his damage output and at that point, the enemy team can pretty much win. Still, his MS boost is awesome on that map.
Zyra (1->2) : She just isn't as efficient as others... Although, she's far from bad and given certain circumstances, I would still pick her over others.

P.s. Caitlyn got a typo (Cailtyn)

Status : Done with the list, now ordering it into a full fledged tier List (so separating each ranks and ordering it by actual usefulness)

Aametherar

12-19-2012

I'd definitely move karth down and Yi up. While there's potential the reality is Yis just carry games harder and easier than karths by a long shot. Karth CAN be a nightmare but it's much easier for a Yi to become one.

Killzerz

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aametherar View Post
I'd definitely move karth down and Yi up. While there's potential the reality is Yis just carry games harder and easier than karths by a long shot. Karth CAN be a nightmare but it's much easier for a Yi to become one.
I don't feel the same. CC kills Yi, but with the range from Karthus and his passive, he is better IN MY OPINION. I'm sure you have seen other things though! I'm just saying what I know from experience.

zztophat

12-20-2012

I would put Nasus at a higher tier, maybe not the highest but higher.

Built AP his AOE is one of the most damaging in the game, if not the most damaging non-ultimate AOE in the game. It's huge, it has a really short cooldown and you can zone the entire enemy team with it, given the map shape.

Trundle with pillar is also not useless, yes, early he is not much more than a utility but given the size of the lanes, the small space between the turrets and the walls it can be very good. However I would say he is a conditional Tier 4, maybe even 3 IF he is on a team that can totally cheese the pillar, like for example paired with Anivia (where they can use the shape of the map to effectively cut the map in half, which is huge on this map as there are no other routes).

Proving grounds is all about team fights (and poke) any skill that can effectively cut a team in half is potentially great.

Killzerz

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploki122 View Post
Well, since I seem to disagree with a lot of your opinions, here are all champs, what tier you put them in, what tier I would put them in, and why. However, please understand that I use DPMB (Draft Pick, Murder Bridge) for my tiers, since it has deeper strategies than blind, since you can actually react to the opponents' picks. I also made the ranking with 14 tiers, basically God->1-4->Nope, with each of 1 to 4 being split in high, mid, low.

Champion (YourTier->MyTier) : explanation
Ahri (1->1) : Excellent poke, has an hard CC, a lot of mobility and decent sustain. Has True damage to counter MR stacking, not too mana hungry.
Akali (1->2-high) : Imo, akali is pretty average, she offers very few things early on, and has no escapes, so if she get caught, she dies.
Alistar (2->1-low) : Terribly tanky, has an AoE heal to sustain early before everyone has real items, offers a ****load of hard CC.
Amumu (4->3) : Once again, his CC is the point that makes him go a bit higher. His ultimate is basically good in any teams. He can be built tank and/or AP and thus can adapt to different developments. Still the fact that he is so squishy early on while also having no escapes relegates him to lower tiers.
Anivia (2->2) : Excellent wave clear will hold up early to siege the enemy tower or repel a siege. Also offer a reliable AoE stun and broken single-target damages. The higher mana regen makes her slightly less mana hungry, grabbing athena makes it impossible to run oom.
Annie (2->3) : She doesn't offer anything particular, she basically has a huge AoE burst with her ult as well as a reliable stun once in a while. Her extended AA range makes her a little bit safer, but still nothing really amazing. Nowhere comparable to Anivia/Akali/Diana imo)
Ashe (3->1-low) : She has an amazing AoE poke that costs little to no mana, a built-in kiting tool to counter the initiation from the enemy bruiser (allowing for easier peel), a nasty initiation tool as her ult but most of all, you can basically store some crits whenever you want. She also can reveal the brushes which I find really nice (FacecheckGG).
Blitzcrank (G->G) : 'nuff said.
Brand (3->3-low) : He brings nice AoE damage but is pretty mana hungry early on and relies on AP making him either glass cannon or less effective. Lacks the range to be built glass cannon and thus ends up low.
Caitlynn (2->2-low) : She has a long range and nasty pokes (Q/R), some mistake-creators (traps), an escape tool to kite their initiations, and nice damages. She also has a nice synergy with Runaan. However, the lack of real brushes makes her passive a lot less useful.
Cassiopeia (3->3) : She basically offers what Anivia offers, but without the reliable CC (but a bit more dps, however tanky cass isn't that good)
Cho'Gath (2->1-high) : Terribly tanky and doesn't need item to hurt, also heals himself from kills and has a very high base AD. Also offers tons of CC (can basically stop someone from comboing for like 5s). His ult dealing true damage makes it so he doesn't need to itemize for damages.
Corki (3->3) : Doesn't offer anything special, he has an escape, some AoE, some True Damage... but nothing that makes him a "good" pick.His only real poke unlocks at 6.
Darius (3->2) : He can be deceptively strong while built very tanky (like BT and/or Hydra + 4-5 tank item). His Q allows him to attack a whole teamfight and a bit like Katarina he can just terminate teamfights on the spot allowing for a nice push.
Diana (1->2-high) : See Akali, I consider them very similar, one has a shield while the other has sustain, one has a good burst over 6-7s, the other a slightly better one over ~11-12... Still wonderful as a cleanup crew. Also reveals in brushes.
Dr. Mundo (G->1) : Unfortunately, he is very counterable by ignite/Morello/EC. Also, he neds up with only 3 real abilities, his fire becoming negligible as game goes.
Draven (3->4-high) : The fact that everyone knows where he's going makes it a bit risky in teamfights, most of the time you won't be able to catch axes which leads to a huge loss of mana.
Elise (N->3-low) : She offers some nasty utility and damages, but still not enough to justify putting her any higher than that...
Evelynn
Ezreal
EDIT : I hit submit by mistake, will continue editing the other champions in.
I moved many champs around per your suggestions. I am a little iffy on some of the orders, so other opinions are certainly welcome! While I didn't necessarily go all the way with all of your changes, I did move many around (for instance, I moved Ashe from tier 3 to tier 2, but in my experiences she doesn't need to go higher at the moment. However I did agree with other changes like moving Corki lower, Darius higher, etc. so you should see those!)

Killzerz

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztophat View Post
I would put Nasus at a higher tier, maybe not the highest but higher.

Built AP his AOE is one of the most damaging in the game, if not the most damaging non-ultimate AOE in the game. It's huge, it has a really short cooldown and you can zone the entire enemy team with it, given the map shape.

Trundle with pillar is also not useless, yes, early he is not much more than a utility but given the size of the lanes, the small space between the turrets and the walls is can be very good. However I would say he is a conditional Tier 4, maybe even 3 IF he is on a team that can totally cheese the pillar, like for example paired with Anivia (where they can use the shape of the map to effectively cut the map in half, which is huge on this map as there are no other routes).

Proving grounds is all about team fights (and poke) any skill that can effectively cut a team in half is potentially great.
About Nasus, he certainly is strong as AP (which is why I put him where he is) but outside of his Spirit Fire he offers little damage. A great E too, but he has to be in melee range for his ult and Q (for Lichbane) which limits his usefulness.

And Trundle? I've never really been impressed by him. His Pillar is great but he is super, SUPER team reliant. And lategame pretty ignorable unlike other tanks. And he lacks any real gap-closer. :/ It's too bad I love Trundle too! :'(

zztophat

12-20-2012

Also Maokai should be tier 1 if only because having him on the team means you always control the bushes and the abundance of spell casts means his passive is always up.

12345 ... 9