Australian Server or Boycott!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kerais

12-19-2012

problem is australian community need to stick together on a server a few people bring it up 1-2 a month isnt gonna help but threaten to boycott and we stick together we may well infact get a australian server

e.g. when we boycotted Global agenda they thought it was a threat 60% of players drop after we left 3 months later they introduce a "aussie server" in singapore no one person came back because of the lag still invoved

Example of australian lag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J3-YbXbPh8

LoL Lag :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV288PDI_Ac you guys cant probably see it but watch the skill shot we have to aim for a group or try to predict were the enemy is gonna move in half a second or more

Arcane Azmadi

12-19-2012

I hate to say it, but you realise the reason they won't give us an Australian server is because they don't actually care about us? Boycotting would be meaningless. It's the reason I stopped boycotting RP purchases, because I realised that while it's quite noble in principle, Riot honestly didn't give a damn about it and I was just missing out on skins I wanted.

You can put your money where your mouth is if you like, but if no-one's listening anyway all you get from it is the taste of plastic.

InertBlowfish

12-19-2012

Aside from the fact that I don't agree with the general vibe of this guy - because he sounds like a moron, mostly - he did make one good point in this thread -

Once I get to play DotA 2 on about 50ping, and I start landing every skill shot, I don't know if I'll be able to go back to League.

I love the hell out of this game, and I've spent $500 ish dollars on it, but playability > money spent; to me, anyway.

Kerais

12-19-2012

yeah may be true but hopefully people will listen and boycott and come to dota 2 witch will have a australian server up by 2nd week of jan if not sooner so its looking more appealing to play cause of the low ping aussie have delt with this **** our entire gaming lives why a majority of aussies play cs or cod tf2 most of us play games with lower ping primarily fps games cause we can have our own servers here.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...74937&page=383
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2222769

there a huge amount of australian server posts riot need to do something about it quickly 1-2 years saying we want a aussie server and turkey gets a server i suspect the que times on turkey is fairly large

Kerais

12-19-2012

talking to american mate about this as well he made some interesting points

1.should free up lag on NA server due to less congestion
2. Less Login wait times during peak our cause the group of aussies are on there own server
3. aussies get 1-80ms so will new zeland if server goes up in Sydney
4.regional tournaments for australia witch means $$ for riot
5. most aussie will spend more money with lower ping

and as InertBlowfish said playability > money spent

Jin Silverwing

12-19-2012

im sorry, but if you cant land your skill shots with 250-300ms, thats not lag, that means you`re bad, i play with 300ping, ALL THE TIME, and i dont miss because of lag, sure i will have the occasional lag spike, but still is totally playable

btw, im from south america

Pikachuux3

12-19-2012

I am ashamed to be Australian when I read OP's post.

sandaljepit

Recruiter

12-19-2012

as far as i know, game is lagging when ping is above 350ms. below that number is completely playable

Fongletto

12-19-2012

bump

Kerais

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachuux3 View Post
I am ashamed to be Australian when I read OP's post.
doubt ur australian buddy

and i land skill shots all the time if you didnt relize 200-300ms theres about a second sometimes 1.5 seconds delay americans when they press the button its is instant for all ur troll u make me laugh found a new game world of tanks so much better no que dodgers and no whining Flick tards