Garen Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phagguette

12-19-2012

I know there have been numerous threads about changing the way Garen's ultimate ability works, but is there a reason it has such a high cool down? Maybe it's just me, but I find the cool down to be fairly long, although his ult does scale off of missing health, so it can be very good when used at the right time.

Anyone else think the cool down should be shortened? (Not by like 100 seconds but maybe something a bit more mediocre, say, 120 seconds at the most?)

Vuther

12-19-2012

It was raised to follow a philosophy of "Cooldowns should be long if they cost no mana".

Unfortunately this philosophy has yet to be enacted more thoroughly to the rest of the champion pool.

Phagguette

12-19-2012

Ahh, I see how this might lead to that, but yeah as you said others who don't use mana don't have this in their way. Oh well, hopefully something is done!

MONSTER ZER0

12-19-2012

you know how much damage this ult does? i say it isn't long enough

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Think about it, the CD is so long to balance out the fact of how powerful an execute it is on top of his kites strengths while also being manaless.

Masuhara

12-19-2012

i think its 2 and 1/2 min cd for his rank one ult

compare to similair ults

cho 60
darius idk but shorter then 2 and 1/2 mins

also i would like to see the cd for rivens ult increased while were on the subject of manaless champs

riven's ult compared to garen ult? and there both executes.....

Masuhara

12-19-2012

oh and btw you'll never acheive the max damage with garen's ult either b/c it does magic damage

maybe if it were ad so he could actually get some use out of penetration i'd take the long cd then.

alfavhunter

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuhara View Post
i think its 2 and 1/2 min cd for his rank one ult

compare to similair ults

cho 60
darius idk but shorter then 2 and 1/2 mins

also i would like to see the cd for rivens ult increased while were on the subject of manaless champs

riven's ult compared to garen ult? and there both executes.....

remember at low levels cho is EXTREAMLY mana hungry, that is why his ult (which costs mana) is a lower CD, also, cho is an ap burst, while garen can still AA for a good amount of damage, has a speed boost that removes all snares, and can actually get up close and personal in a team fight to use his ult because of that speed boost while cho basically has to land his Q skill shot to get close enough to anyone of consequance in order to R them

Phagguette

12-20-2012

Yeah I always forget how powerful the rest of his kit is, but at rank 1, when everyone is low level, his damage on his ult isn't that high because the enemy doesn't have as much health yet.

Vensyr

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das Jäger View Post
you know how much damage this ult does? i say it isn't long enough
Have you seen how much damage Darius ult does?