Nami fell off?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyu Ryu

12-19-2012

Nami's only problem is her lack of damage. I like the way her abilities are designed.

For exampe the damage part of her ebb and flow should at least be like this in damage.

70 / 110 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+60% AP) instead of 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+50% AP) like they are now.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Ryu View Post
Nami's only problem is her lack of damage. I like the way her abilities are designed.

For exampe the damage part of her ebb and flow should at least be like this in damage.

70 / 110 / 150 / 195 / 240 (+60% AP) instead of 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+50% AP) like they are now.
Read it like this. Nami isn't meant to lane alone, AT ALL.

W- Ebb and flow

Ally
HP change: 65 / 95 / 125 / 155 / 185 (+30% AP)

Enemy
HP change: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+50% AP)

Ally > Enemy/ Enemy > Ally
HP change: 135 / 205 / 275 / 345 / 415 (+80% AP)

Ally > Enemy > Ally
HP change: 195 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 (+110% AP)

Enemy> Ally > Enemy
HP change: 205 / 315 / 425 / 535 / 640 (+120% AP)

QuentinWarden

12-19-2012

Nami is by no means bad. She's an amazing support that can turn fights around and stop enemy teams dead in their tracks.

The only thing is that she has an incredibly high skill/practice requirement since you actually have to time/aim her Q and R while her W and E are highly positioning dependent (for bounces and not getting you or your ally's ass killed while in auto attack range).

You have to predict the enemy's position before firing Q. R is best used outside of enemy LOS or when they're charging at you (it's too easy to outrun otherwise). W sucks for its manacost if used on an ally alone, but it's very good for trades (W enemy + run = do damage and get healed). Finally, E can set up your Q or R and makes playing with Cait or Ez very very very fun.

Gwri

12-19-2012

On Topic: Last night, I got bored and decided to spectate a high elo ranked game in which Nami was present in order to get some play style ideas. I kinda agree with TS that she is rarely to be seen this days. Out of the 3 matches I spectate all of them ends up loosing (the team with Nami on it). She is quite useless (easy to be killed) in team fights and most of her skills is easy to avoid.

Off topic: I enjoyed playing support role as well, Nami is my main. IMO she is a VERY good support champ specially early game, my skill priority goes like this: R>W>Q>E getting at least 1 "E" early on. The main problem I encountered is the lack of range for her skills, for a very squishy champ her skills requires her to be close enough that it puts her in a dangerous position. My suggestion, increase the range of her other abilities(specially the Q) to sync well with her ult or decrease the range of her ult but increase its missile speed. Look at her Q, for a skill shot it has a ridiculous range(even its AOE diameter), riot might as well turn it like her W, I would be happy.

Mestar

12-19-2012

I think she is very powerful, but I have only tried her once.

True, Q had a slow speed. So use it for other things. Being chased, hit them when there movement is predictable.

The utility of W. is their ADC alone or is the support in the bush near him? Shoot and see where the bounce goes.

E? What's wrong with giving your ADC more damage and a slow?

I've heard complaints about her CDs being too long. 4% Mastery, Morellonomicon, Athenes. Q,W,E are all right around 6 seconds.

Late game use your Q to peel off your carries. W to heal and pump out damage, even apply Geievous Wounds to enemies.

She has a high skill cap for a reason. 2 or 3 weeks isn't enough time for a lot of people to figure her out.

Jwander

12-19-2012

nami sucks. worthless champ , there is no occasion that i would want her as a partner

Kyu Ryu

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
Read it like this. Nami isn't meant to lane alone, AT ALL.

W- Ebb and flow

Ally
HP change: 65 / 95 / 125 / 155 / 185 (+30% AP)

Enemy
HP change: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (+50% AP)

Ally > Enemy/ Enemy > Ally
HP change: 135 / 205 / 275 / 345 / 415 (+80% AP)

Ally > Enemy > Ally

Enemy> Ally > Enemy

Your realize that in most situations you will not get all 3 bounces. Also there are champs with abilities that have about the same cool down as ebb and flow, slows enemy champs and damages everyone in the area. Its max rank also does more damage then ebb and flow as well as has better scaling. That is why I suggested that slight damage buff on that ability. You need to consider its strength with compared to other abilities of similar cool down to do a basic comparison.

Also her ability tide caller causes her to put herself or who she is supporting in extremely dangerous situations to use the damage. This often makes it pointless to use the damage because you can never get ahead with a well timed poke. This ability needs to be either improved upon or redesigned. Notice that Nami lacks damage and one of her damage abilities isn't working out for her well at all.

One improvement we could do to the ability is have it give increased auto attack range.

If we took the route of redesign we could make it a skill you click on the enemy that works like this.

60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 (+ 100% AP) Magic Damage, Slows by 35% for 4 seconds. Range: 650. Missle speed 1300.

If you want it to be able to proc passive then maybe ally champs within 800 radius of that enemy champ gets the passive proc. Another possibility is that any champ that damages the enemy champ hit with the slow procs that passive on themself (either auto attack or skill). This would last for the duration of the slow. if that proves to much then maybe we could make it only proc off the first attack on enemy champ only and can no longer proc after that

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwri View Post
She is quite useless (easy to be killed) in team fights and most of her skills is easy to avoid.
ಠ_ಠ yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh about that...............

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu Ryu View Post
Your realize that in most situations you will not get all 3 bounces. Also there are champs with abilities that have about the same cool down as ebb and flow, slows enemy champs and damages everyone in the area. Its max rank also does more damage then ebb and flow as well as has better scaling. That is why I suggested that slight damage buff on that ability.

Also her ability tide caller causes her to put herself or who she is supporting in extremely dangerous situations to use the damage. This often makes it pointless to use the damage because you can never get ahead with a well timed poke. This ability needs to be either improved upon or redesigned. Notice that Nami lacks damage and one of her damage abilities isn't working out for her well at all.

One improvement we could do to the ability is have it give increased auto attack range.

If we took the route of redesign we could make it a skill you click on the enemy that works like this.

60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260 (+ 100% AP) Magic Damage, Slows by 35% for 4 seconds. Missle speed 1300.
Ebb flow too difficult?

It has a range of 725
its max travel range without moving targets is 2175
The target need only be in bounce range at the time of impact.
You get less benefit the less risk you take.
The easier 3 hit shot is to hit yourself with your carry in range for

Ally > Enemy > Ally

In battle you can easily get one onto an enemy for

Enemy> Ally > Enemy

not to mention the speed boosts, you should be able to protect yourself and so should those responsible for your safety (fighters and tanks)

I'd like to see this ability eb flow is being compared to.

Tidecaller issues?
Dont use it for the damage lategame. Its a cheap version of frozen mallet for free! and anybody gets to use it even nami. Its range isn't an issue. They can move with it on or she can change the outcome of a fight. She's not nami the initiator she's nami the tidecaller. Get it? she changes the tides of battles. Her abilities are weak when there's no tide.

Defile8080

12-19-2012

Lol at all these people "Nami is OP because I won a few unranked low elo games with her"

Simple question:

Who benefits more from landing their Q, Blitzcrank or Nami?

I can't think of a time I'd EVER rather have nami on my team than a good blitz. Also, If Nunu can keep up a 90% attack speed buff permanently why can't she have a permanent buff?