Milkfat will become the number one player in 90 days.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Délusional

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe Knife View Post
Like I said earlier, if he beats out the top 100, then he is the best. Fact. Like I said, they have all of the resources that he does. You're focusing on the wrong thing, I think. I don't think anyone would care if Hotshot (or any known player of that caliber) started over and climbed to the top again in 90 days. What makes this noteworthy is that he has NO LoL experience, and while LoL, DotA, and HoN are related, they are not the same game. This would be analogous to a Command and Conquer pro beating the best WC3 players (at WC3) after only 90 days of playing it. Same genre, different game.
You make it out like this game has a very high skill ceiling and is extremely difficult to master. In 90 days I had every champion skill memorized, was level 30, had 2 6.3k IP champs, and a Win/loss ratio of about 3 to 1. And was working on my first full rune page of tier 3.

C&C and WC3 don't have Levels on the account, and out of game boosts to ingame abilities (runes/masteries).

Sir Dickalot

10-04-2010

why not just ignore the whole ****?!

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelusionalESG View Post
You've got to be ******ed? DoTA and HoN are almost the same exact gameplay, with unique differences.

He IS getting a 5 mile head start, WHICH DOESN'T MEASURE HOW GOOD HE IS, JUST GIVES HIM AN ADVANTAGE IN THE 90 DAY RACE. HURR DURR
Hurrrrrrrrr.

The mindset is that he could easily stomp anyone below the top 10% within a few days of learning the champions and items. So why make him grind out everything when the true test of his skill will be playing against players who already have everything (ie: top 500 players).

Because when you can get an endorsement from a dozen other games, you don't need to grind out stupid amounts of IP when you are already giving out free PR.

Swipe Knife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelusionalESG View Post
You make it out like this game has a very high skill ceiling and is extremely difficult to master. In 90 days I had every champion skill memorized, was level 30, had 2 6.3k IP champs, and a Win/loss ratio of about 3 to 1. And was working on my first full rune page of tier 3.

C&C and WC3 don't have Levels on the account, and out of game boosts to ingame abilities (runes/masteries).
Okay, so you're saying that anyone that has played the game for 90 days will be able to be ranked 1 if they had everything unlocked because they memorized all the skills? Maybe you grossly underestimate the skill gap between you and say, CLG (hint: it has nothing to do with memorizing skills).

Also, that's exactly the point. C/C and WC3 don't have any discriminating factors between each player besides skill. The top 100+ players all have everything that they want/need in this game. For this outsider to topple them is still a hugely notable accomplishment, even if he started ahead of the average player.

Ankarua

10-04-2010

Here's an idea. If you really care this much (Personally I've been reading these threads, and if it's true, I feel it's bs) just dont play if he's on your team. Just AFK in the base, and make him lose the game. Aside from Riot taking back the points he has, that's about all you can do to make him not make his goal.

Edit: I mean it's not like a **** ton of people do that every day anyway

Swipe Knife

10-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankarua View Post
Here's an idea. If you really care this much (Personally I've been reading these threads, and if it's true, I feel it's bs) just dont play if he's on your team. Just AFK in the base, and make him lose the game. Aside from Riot taking back the points he has, that's about all you can do to make him not make his goal.

Edit: I mean it's not like a **** ton of people do that every day anyway
I have a strong feeling that no one who's crying hard about this is in his Elo.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

10-04-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I've removed his excess IP/RP