Feedback on S3 Items on ARAM

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-19-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Draconus View Post
1. Banner of Command should be removed. The active isn't usable, and a few teammates of mine have wasted gold on it mistakenly.

2. Warmogs just seems too strong. It was always strong, but the non-stacking HP and the FoN regen is a bit much imo. Introducing BotRK might be a useful addition if no changes to Warmogs is made.

3. Hurricane seems much better in ARAM than on summoner's ridge. Constant team fights put its effects into better use

4. The advent of Bulwark really hurts AP champs. But then again, maybe this isn't a bad thing. Mages were always easiest champs to snowball on proving grounds.

Just off the top of my head. I'll have to think of more
Banner of Command is usable. You just have to make sure a cannon minion is nearby. It won't work on super minions.

junseii

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Banner of Command is usable. You just have to make sure a cannon minion is nearby. It won't work on super minions.
Inhibs can be taken rather quick in aram and if you shell out for a banner you feel a little silly.

Perhaps it might be worth looking into allowing the banner buff super minions to an extent, or possibly promoting a caster or melee minion if the inhibitor is destroyed.

SeriousWeapon

12-19-2012

i really think blade of the ruined king should be on PG. Or at least remove warmogs or change it to overlords bloodmail or w/e its called

slamor

12-19-2012

The chalice is just brutal on ARAMs. Infinite poke all day long. Try fighting an exerath on an ARAM, so much fun. Except if you have blitzcrank though, Flash and grab him for the win.

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
I'd love to know how people feel about S3 Warmog's.
Warmogs is almost always my first buy on anything other than a hyper carry. The Extra 1k health AND the health regen is invaluable.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-19-2012

One thing I miss is getting an early game lifesteal item that lets you poke and keep up with casters who rush Chalice.

The old Executioner's Calling was amazing at that. Super cost effective, gave a large amount of lifesteal, and let you poke with the DoT.

Runaan's Hurricane seems pretty strong on the map because it is always two sides clashing head on. Unlike in other modes where you'll have people flanking and ambushing thus reducing the effectiveness of Hurricane.

Fomorian27

12-19-2012

Most of the S3 items are working great, but I'm confuse as to why there's no BotRK on ARAM. The only other ad item that shreds % health, kitae's isn't optimal on champs like panth and talon.

viperesque

12-19-2012

New Warmogs is in a really awkward spot on ARAMs, it seems to me. Pure tanks (and Singed) really miss the combination of old Mogs + FoN, and new Visage doesn't really make up for that. It's just really hard to have enough health regen on a tank these days unless you're Mundo, and generally it's better to just suicide after every fight than limp along on low health. On the other hand, squishy champions who wouldn't normally touch tank items can just buy an early Mogs and be instantly unkillable. There only neat middle ground is bruisers like Darius and Irelia who just don't care.

Ragnar Draconus

12-19-2012

Quote:
Maybe I ran into a bug with it, I definitely remember not being able to use it. I'll try it out again next time I get a support-ish AP.

BriefEternity

12-19-2012

Runaan's Hurricane on Twitch is pretty crazy. Lets you get his E off on more people a lot easier. He's still incredibly squishy though.

1234567 ... 8