The Road to Rank 1: The Milkfat Challenge(Livestream)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luchen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-05-2010

Not really sure why all the hate on this guy particulary. When it was Riot that agreed to do this.
Good Luck dude, hope this whole thing helps Riot and LoL in general somehow.

Añ Hero

10-05-2010

Getting carried by a 1796 ELO Probably through ranked too lmfao

MrZann

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knyaz View Post
Best of luck to you. If you make it you will shut the whiners up im sure.
Uh not really... not only has he been handed major advantages but is getting carried as well. If you respect that you're either stupid or a kiss ass.

I'd be rooting for this guy if he was doing it legitimately.

Wavy Crockett

10-05-2010

Blame Riot not him. Who wouldn't take this offer?

TheChiatroll

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchen View Post
Not really sure why all the hate on this guy particulary. When it was Riot that agreed to do this.
for me it's about just bumping someone's name aside for the "pro" when it breaks no rules.

That is just bad form.

What if some pro starts using one of my account names will it just be bumped and changed ot make room for the champ?

it's an inexcusable move in very poor form.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=275698&page=3

to show what I mean.

I hope he fails falls flat on his face and becomes then next king of QQ topics.

AcheronEHJ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-05-2010

Would have been far more interesting without the free ****. Instead, you've just alienated a ton of guys and soiled everything he may or may not accomplish.

Terrible choice.

madstermind

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luchen View Post
Helps Lol in general? I don't see how.

If he fails, this whole issue will be treated as a massive fail by the community and Milkfat will not get a pleasant experience for the rest of his career with taunts of 'hey, thought you were the best player in the world?' and such.

If he does, despite it being a great achievement there will be a lot of angry people who say he got carried there/riot favoritism and a general lack of people buying RP because Riot gives it away like water for the most trivial of reasons (more than you see here). And the story about him grabbing his cousion's name isn't doing Riot favors either.

KinneyDrae

10-05-2010

At this point, because Riot has given you a free ride for anything and everything, a large part of this community will have very little respect for you as a player. If you want to be taken seriously, have Riot start you over, square one.

And to Riot....

Seriously? This is flat out insulting to every single other player. I wouldn't be surprised if this soon started getting on to gaming messaging boards, after which Riot games would become a bit of a target for severe flaming from competitors. As much as I greatly enjoy LoL, and fully intended to buy more RP, after this I don't think this game is worth putting money into anymore. So please, give me back my $30 I've spent on this game, and maybe, y'know, get some sort of apology out to your players? Like bring this kid down the proper level he should be at, and give reparations to the players that you have, in not so many words, said "I don't care about you, you're just another tick of data on a monitor somewhere" to?

GG Riot. Way to nerf your players.

Raccool

10-05-2010

Couple things i noticed you could take advantage of:

- Quick-cast: Hold shift when you press a skill and it'll cast your spell where your cursor is. That's one less click.

- Item slots are bound by default to numbers 1-6 for easy use. No one likes a clicker.

- Similarly, you can level up a spell by holding Ctrl and pressing the skill's button.

- When trying a new character, the FIRST thing you want to check is their passive. It holds the key to that character's unique playstyle.

- League of Legends is a much more aggressive game than HoN or DotA. Sitting back and waiting for them to come to you isn't the default mode of play. Just keep that in mind for yourself and for expecting what your enemy will do.

- Map control: you have legal map hacks at your disposal for only 90 gold a piece. They last for 4 minutes. Watch some high ELO games and see where they place them and think about why. Wards win games.

- Control buffs: they give a steady power creep and short term power boost to your team. You want to get these as often as you can (especially if they're on the enemy's half of the map) if for no other reason than to deny your enemies from getting them. You know this from DotA.

I'll post more when i can think of more.

Oh, also, ignore all the hate. They don't know any better and they're jealous. You know how MOBA communities are.

oktabi

10-05-2010

Stop the hate on milkfat. He's already doing really well in the games. You people would know if you took the time to watch the stream.