@Nome- feasibility question

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Some of us like it when the time it takes us to start queue to the time it takes us to end the game is less than 30 minutes. I don't want to eat up an hour just to play a 20 minute game. I'd like to think I'm pretty competitive, and I want ranked as much as the next Dominioner, but I don't want blind pick removed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

12-18-2012

Lol

Remove blind

Kill Dominion faster than any other suggestion possibly could


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samcro AUS

Junior Member

12-19-2012

just make a mode that randomly selects 30 champs. anyone can play them u only have those 30 champs to pick from and it changes every game. some times you will get op's sometimes not. id play that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeimdoctor View Post
Well, I think it was already proven that this argument was a load of ****. There was another Rioter that had previously stated that all they had to do was basically flip a switch.
You are referring to when a Riot engineer said they were ready to "flip the switch" on ranked. That was posted at about the same time as when dominion came out.

Nome came on the Dominate Dominion chat and explained that the post was misinterpreted, because it would take a lot of work to make ranked happen. All the people who would been available to work on ranked dominion got pulled off dominion and put onto other projects when dominion epically failed to take over the anticipated 50% of all League of legends games. Thus is would take; as I said, about 2 weeks of effort from a group of people who would have to be pulled from other high priority projects to do it.

I am inclined to trust Nome. You are free to call him a liar if it makes you feel better. However, if making ranked happen were truly that effortless, why wouldn't they have done it already?

If anyone else who was there for that DD conversation wants to chime in I would appreciate it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

Senior Member

12-19-2012

remove draft

no ranked

delete Kass and Jayce


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trustmeimdoctor

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
You are referring to when a Riot engineer said they were ready to "flip the switch" on ranked. That was posted at about the same time as when dominion came out.

Nome came on the Dominate Dominion chat and explained that the post was misinterpreted, because it would take a lot of work to make ranked happen. All the people who would been available to work on ranked dominion got pulled off dominion and put onto other projects when dominion epically failed to take over the anticipated 50% of all League of legends games. Thus is would take; as I said, about 2 weeks of effort from a group of people who would have to be pulled from other high priority projects to do it.

I am inclined to trust Nome. You are free to call him a liar if it makes you feel better. However, if making ranked happen were truly that effortless, why wouldn't they have done it already?

If anyone else who was there for that DD conversation wants to chime in I would appreciate it.
I was unaware of that conversation. I just seen two statements that seemed to contradict each other, and it really looked like only one of them could be true. It appears I'm wrong though. Thanks for shedding some light on this. I was getting a little pissed about that one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaWraith

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeimdoctor View Post
I was unaware of that conversation. I just seen two statements that seemed to contradict each other, and it really looked like only one of them could be true. It appears I'm wrong though. Thanks for shedding some light on this. I was getting a little pissed about that one.
Yeah, I was attempting to get it out there to people who hadn't heard.

I totally agree that if it was that simple a thing to do, Riot would have had no excuse at this point for not enabling ranked.

I just wish we had a little more input from Nome about what is being considered to fix dominion's champion balance.

All I know is that Riot is not overly concerned with toxic champions at high ELO at this time.
They are too busy worrying about Shaco, Rammus, and Poppy at low Elo, and the fact that the general population doesn't understand or enjoy dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trustmeimdoctor

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaWraith View Post
Yeah, I was attempting to get it out there to people who hadn't heard.

I totally agree that if it was that simple a thing to do, Riot would have had no excuse at this point for not enabling ranked.

I just wish we had a little more input from Nome about what is being considered to fix dominion's champion balance.

All I know is that Riot is not overly concerned with toxic champions at high ELO at this time.
They are too busy worrying about Shaco, Rammus, and Poppy at low Elo, and the fact that the general population doesn't understand or enjoy dominion.
As long as the people working on SR can do whatever they want to balance champs based on SR alone, and Nome seems to be able to do nothing that might have an effect on SR in the slightest, the only options seem to be balancing through items and auras. The item changes seem to only be done to items that are specific to Dom and TT also, because again you cannot disrupt the almighty SR.

Maybe we need some more man-power over here working on things. I really don't know. It just seems like we're getting the short end of the stick.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Fizznity

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeimdoctor View Post
Well, I think it was already proven that this argument was a load of ****. There was another Rioter that had previously stated that all they had to do was basically flip a switch.
Responded? BS. That post was over a year ago by a general Rioter. We got a specific response from a rioter dedicated to Dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

12-19-2012

Adding or removing queues is probably significantly more work than Riot's willing to put into it - really I'd love to see a mode like Smite has, where you blind pick but each team gets a ban, but that would involve basically writing and testing a whole new queue system, I'm sure ):


123